Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(11-14-2020, 05:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 05:40 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Waking up at 3:30 am.  After laying there for half an hour, trying to get back to sleep, I gave up.  Just made a coffee, so there's no turning back now.

Coffee??? Man I would've given it another 30 lol.

Too late now.  Wife and kids are out of town, so at least I don't have to worry about waking anyone.  Time to make some pancakes!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Female drivers. We should have never given them licenses.

Yeah I said it.

(11-14-2020, 06:19 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 05:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Coffee??? Man I would've given it another 30 lol.

Too late now.  Wife and kids are out of town, so at least I don't have to worry about waking anyone.  Time to make some pancakes!

Left out this crucial bit. Everyone! Party at Sneakers house!

Walking up to the first tee and a threesome is just teeing up. The first two hit their balls into the adjacent fairway, the third hacks his ball with an iron into a full 300 yards of fairway.

(sigh) Gonna be a long nine holes.

(11-18-2020, 01:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Walking up to the first tee and a threesome is just teeing up. The first two hit their balls into the adjacent fairway, the third hacks his ball with an iron into a full 300 yards of fairway.

I need to get out and play.  Trying to keep everybody (my wife) happy at home by concentrating on my remodeling.  But it drives me crazy when I walk the dogs and go by the culdesac and see the 5th, 6th, and 7th holes.  Not that I could play right now anyway with this gigantic scar/stitches on my arm where they took out the melanoma.  I'll venture out Thanksgiving weekend...probably by myself.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-18-2020, 01:17 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-18-2020, 01:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Walking up to the first tee and a threesome is just teeing up. The first two hit their balls into the adjacent fairway, the third hacks his ball with an iron into a full 300 yards of fairway.

I need to get out and play.  Trying to keep everybody (my wife) happy at home by concentrating on my remodeling.  But it drives me crazy when I walk the dogs and go by the culdesac and see the 5th, 6th, and 7th holes.  Not that I could play right now anyway with this gigantic scar/stitches on my arm where they took out the melanoma.  I'll venture out Thanksgiving weekend...probably by myself.

After all the stress and strain of that move, you deserve some golf. Tell the wife that if you can swing a hammer, you can swing a golf club.

When ordering a pizza, you look for the millions of “coopins” the chains send you. But your wife just throws them away as junk mail. Pizza discounts are NOT junk mail.

(11-19-2020, 07:21 PM)Jags Wrote: When ordering a pizza, you look for the millions of “coopins” the chains send you.  But your wife just throws them away as junk mail.  Pizza discounts are NOT junk mail.

It's Thursday.  That means dollar slice night at Brucci's!  What else do you need to know?

(11-19-2020, 07:21 PM)Jags Wrote: When ordering a pizza, you look for the millions of “coopins” the chains send you.  But your wife just throws them away as junk mail.  Pizza discounts are NOT junk mail.

If ordering online, Google can find them. Usually retailmenot has one I can use. 

The other night I discovered a neat feature of the Edge browser in that it detects the checkout page and offers to apply a number of coupons and then automatically tries each one to see if it is valid for that particular vendor. For example, I was ordering Papa John's and it had 15 potential coupons. It automatically fills in the offer code to see if it is valid. If not, it goes on to the next one. It found one good for a 25% discount. Purty neat.

(11-19-2020, 08:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

If ordering online, Google can find them. Usually retailmenot has one I can use. 

The other night I discovered a neat feature of the Edge browser in that it detects the checkout page and offers to apply a number of coupons and then automatically tries each one to see if it is valid for that particular vendor. For example, I was ordering Papa John's and it had 15 potential coupons. It automatically fills in the offer code to see if it is valid. If not, it goes on to the next one. It found one good for a 25% discount. Purty neat.

What is this Edge that you speak of?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-19-2020, 08:08 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 08:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: If ordering online, Google can find them. Usually retailmenot has one I can use. 

What is this Edge that you speak of?

Microsoft Edge. I had to get away from Google Chrome. It was starting to read my mind.

(11-19-2020, 08:06 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

It's Thursday.  That means dollar slice night at Brucci's!  What else do you need to know?

Damn,  I didn’t know they did that.  Only been there once or twice.  I’ll have to remember that one.

(11-19-2020, 08:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 08:08 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: What is this Edge that you speak of?

Microsoft Edge. I had to get away from Google Chrome. It was starting to read my mind.

Kept getting a blank screen?  Tongue

(11-19-2020, 08:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Papa Johns is exactly where I ordered.  56 bucks later we have one pie some wings and a tip for the delivery guy. I was aware it was way too much.  But I had a long day and just wanted some food.  I guess we exhausted what we got from the store and the wife was working to hard from home to not work from home and go back to the store.  She should have never thrown them coupons out.

(11-19-2020, 08:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 08:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Microsoft Edge. I had to get away from Google Chrome. It was starting to read my mind.

Kept getting a blank screen?  Tongue

[Image: tenor.gif]

Something that has always irritated me is when a contractor or service person parks on my yard when they are not working at my house. The other day, I took a long walk, and when I got back to my house, there was a plumber's truck pulled off onto my grass. I looked in the truck, and there was no one in the driver's seat. My new neighbor, whom I had not yet met, happened to be walking out her front door, and saw me looking into the truck.

She says, "He's working over here."
So I said, "Well, why doesn't he park over there?"
and she replied, "There are too many cars in my driveway."
So I got really irritated and said, "Why is he parked in my yard? Tell him to park at your house."
She says okay, and I went inside my house, thoroughly irritated by then.
Of course, I immediately regretted popping off to my new neighbor like that. We have a friendly neighborhood, and she must think I'm an [BLEEP].

I should have handled it better. But still, I do get very irritated when people who are not working at my house pull off onto my grass. Yes, I've become one of those guys. But then I thought, if I don't set her straight about telling people to park on my yard, she'll just do it again. And again and again.

(11-20-2020, 07:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Something that has always irritated me is when a contractor or service person parks on my yard when they are not working at my house.  The other day, I took a long walk, and when I got back to my house, there was a plumber's truck pulled off onto my grass.   I looked in the truck, and there was no one in the driver's seat.  My new neighbor, whom I had not yet met, happened to be walking out her front door, and saw me looking into the truck.  

So I got really irritated and said, "Why is he parked in my yard?  Tell him to park at your house."  
Of course, I immediately regretted popping off to my new neighbor like that.  We have a friendly neighborhood, and she must think I'm an [BLEEP].  

I should have handled it better.  But still, I do get very irritated when people who are not working at my house pull off onto my grass.  Yes, I've become one of those guys.  But then I thought, if I don't set her straight about telling people to park on my yard, she'll just do it again.  And again and again.
You're quite possessive of that patch of grass.  How wide is the municipal ROW?  The answer might surprise you.  It's highly unlikely that your property begins at the edge of the street.

(11-20-2020, 07:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Something that has always irritated me is when a contractor or service person parks on my yard when they are not working at my house.  The other day, I took a long walk, and when I got back to my house, there was a plumber's truck pulled off onto my grass.   I looked in the truck, and there was no one in the driver's seat.  My new neighbor, whom I had not yet met, happened to be walking out her front door, and saw me looking into the truck.  

So I got really irritated and said, "Why is he parked in my yard?  Tell him to park at your house."  
Of course, I immediately regretted popping off to my new neighbor like that.  We have a friendly neighborhood, and she must think I'm an [BLEEP].  

I should have handled it better.  But still, I do get very irritated when people who are not working at my house pull off onto my grass.  Yes, I've become one of those guys.  But then I thought, if I don't set her straight about telling people to park on my yard, she'll just do it again.  And again and again.
[Image: F0068-C61-9-E2-F-41-FE-B8-E2-1-B7-F0-D542678.png]

(11-20-2020, 12:22 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

You're quite possessive of that patch of grass.  How wide is the municipal ROW?  The answer might surprise you.  It's highly unlikely that your property begins at the edge of the street.
Problem is the county won’t replace the sod and the HOA will be giving him a letter. I’m an [BLEEP] too occasionally.  I probably would have done the same thing as Marty.

I’m in Riverside and we have driveways and on street parking. I’m not gonna lie, I get annoyed when someone parks on the street in front of my house if they’re not visiting me.  Ninja