Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(01-09-2020, 07:19 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 12:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: The Charmin commercial with the bear parents not wanting to pick up their kids skeevy drawers from the bathroom floor because they’re dirty.

Why are there underwear laying around anyway?? NONE OF THEM ARE WEARING ANY CLOTHES!!

For some reason that commercial gets me too.  Maybe it’s run it’s course.  Idk.  But it irks me.  Not to mention, what parent is afraid to pick up some undies, soiled or not???  Not buying it.  I mean, we do buy it (charmin) but not this particular scenario.

Do we really need cartoon characters addressing the issue, in moderately graphic terms, of what we use to wipe our [BLEEP]? That whole series of commercial is just uncomfortably creepy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2020, 08:38 AM)Rico Wrote: Doesn't matter.

A simple example:  She can't understand why a team 'doesn't try to go for it' on 4th down from their own 20 yard line rather than punt.  (This one gets asked at least a couple of times a year)

or

What position does Leonard Fournette play?

I will say that she does get enthusiastic when we have an exciting play.  She usually scares the living [BLEEP] out of the dogs.

I remember the first football game I watched with my then girlfriend.  I had gone into the kitchen to get a beer and missed the snap.  I suddenly heard her shouting, "Run Freddie, RUN!!", followed a couple seconds later by a loud "NO!"

I burst back into the room demanding "What happened?"

She said "Freddie broke loose for a big gain, but there's a flag in the backfield.  It's coming back for holding"

I knew I had found a keeper...…..and we got married a couple months later.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-09-2020, 07:19 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-06-2020, 12:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: The Charmin commercial with the bear parents not wanting to pick up their kids skeevy drawers from the bathroom floor because they’re dirty.

Why are there underwear laying around anyway?? NONE OF THEM ARE WEARING ANY CLOTHES!!

For some reason that commercial gets me too.  Maybe it’s run it’s course.  Idk.  But it irks me.  Not to mention, what parent is afraid to pick up some undies, soiled or not???  Not buying it.  I mean, we do buy it (charmin) but not this particular scenario.

my son's socks on the other hand?  No way in Hades I am attempting contact with them.

(01-10-2020, 10:47 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 07:19 PM)Jags Wrote: For some reason that commercial gets me too.  Maybe it’s run it’s course.  Idk.  But it irks me.  Not to mention, what parent is afraid to pick up some undies, soiled or not???  Not buying it.  I mean, we do buy it (charmin) but not this particular scenario.

my son's socks on the other hand?  No way in Hades I am attempting contact with them.

Tell him to spray his feet with deodorant. Seriously, it works! Works great for slip on, no sock shoes too. Wink
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

When people park in their driveway with their back end overhanging the street. Especially when you have room in front of you to park a 747. Not sure why this gets me TBH. If a car was parked inside the road, I probably wouldn’t think twice. But if you’re in your drive and hanging over...C’Mon man

(01-13-2020, 08:38 PM)Jags Wrote: When people park in their driveway with their back end overhanging the street.  Especially when you have room in front of you to park a 747.  Not sure why this gets me TBH.  If a car was parked inside the road, I probably wouldn’t think twice.  But if you’re in your drive and hanging over...C’Mon man

It may be a southern thing.  In the north, snowplows have a way of discouraging those protruding bumpers.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-14-2020, 12:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 08:38 PM)Jags Wrote: When people park in their driveway with their back end overhanging the street.  Especially when you have room in front of you to park a 747.  Not sure why this gets me TBH.  If a car was parked inside the road, I probably wouldn’t think twice.  But if you’re in your drive and hanging over...C’Mon man

It may be a southern thing.  In the north, snowplows have a way of discouraging those protruding bumpers.
Yeah, I remember those.  They kinda were slacking in my area.  But had they done their job our vehicles would’ve been safe.  But maybe it’s because we were too poor at the time to fill the driveway.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 08:19 PM by Jags.)

When your phone rings and the caller ID shows “Potential Spam”.  Happens only 3-5 times per day.

Pine pollen.

Already starting to cover everything.

(01-15-2020, 08:18 PM)Jags Wrote: When your phone rings and the caller ID shows “Potential Spam”.  Happens only 3-5 times per day.

Everyone I know is in my contact list.  If my phone shows just a number and no name, I'm not answering.  I get at least 2 or 3 a day.

(01-16-2020, 04:11 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 08:18 PM)Jags Wrote: When your phone rings and the caller ID shows “Potential Spam”.  Happens only 3-5 times per day.

Everyone I know is in my contact list.  If my phone shows just a number and no name, I'm not answering.  I get at least 2 or 3 a day.

Yep.

If it's somebody that's legit and needs to talk to me they'll leave a message.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-16-2020, 11:17 AM)Jags Wrote: Pine pollen.  

Went fishing this morning. Caught nuthin'. Truck was covered in yellow afterward.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

When my wife is texting asking about projects that I have to do at home, while I'm at work.

(01-17-2020, 04:11 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 11:17 AM)Jags Wrote: Pine pollen.  

Went fishing this morning. Caught nuthin'. Truck was covered in yellow afterward.

That’s a double whammy.  Pollen and no fish.  

My truck is the same.  Went to Publix to get something for dinner.  Figured I’d grill.  After looking like a weirdo with this stupid and awkward grin on my face upon being asked “is plastic ok?” I walk out to the truck and it finally hit me. [BLEEP]!   Guess I’m cleaning the patio when I get back.  Forgot about the damn pollen.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2020, 06:37 PM by Jags.)

When you’re being lazy and cooking frozen foods for dinner and all of the stuff gets cooked at a different time and temperature.   Forcing you to cross multiply, and other math functions while drinking.  Screw it.  I’ll wing it.  Wasn’t expecting much anyway.  As long as my beer is cold.

(01-28-2020, 06:34 PM)Jags Wrote: When you’re being lazy and cooking frozen foods for dinner and all of the stuff gets cooked at a different time and temperature.   Forcing you to cross multiply, and other math functions while drinking.  Screw it.  I’ll wing it.  Wasn’t expecting much anyway.  As long as my beer is cold.

the beer is cold, and so is the inside of your salisbury steak!

Solicitors.

I'm not sure if this is actually trivial. But...the fact that airlines can change your itinerary on a whim but if you want to change your itinerary they charge you an arm and a leg.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 05:18 PM by americus 2.0.)

(02-04-2020, 02:53 PM)Rico Wrote: I'm not sure if this is actually trivial.  But...the fact that airlines can change your itinerary on a whim but if you want to change your itinerary they charge you an arm and a leg.

That's BS man. And they can bump you to the next flight if their idiot [BLEEP] overbooked the plane even though you are confirmed for your flight. The next time I have to go somewhere I'm driving. That's screwby. 

You want to know what else is BS? I got an MRI today. Cost me $186 and they're going to charge me another $60 copay when the results are read. But not to me, they're just being "read" into my chart and I'll be charged another $60 Friday when I see my ortho surgeon to actually get my results. They're going to nickel and dime me to debt. This didn't happen four years ago when I went through this for my first shoulder surgery.

(01-30-2020, 06:26 PM)Jags Wrote: Solicitors.

Yes! Especially the Spectrum guys who come around every six months to talk about switching to them. I tell them if their weekly junk mail littering my mailbox hasn't convinced me yet I'm pretty sure they can't.

Poor Marty.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11987542]