Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(03-02-2020, 08:19 PM)Jags Wrote: The amount of people on TV that pour water in a glass/mug straight from the tap.  Really? No one is filtering this crap?   Enjoy.  Keep it real.  Use the fridge’s filtered water.  A pUr filter, a bottle of Zephyr hills.  Whatever.

My water is filtered, but still comes out of the tap. Much better filtration than the fridge, pUr, Brita or whatever.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-08-2020, 11:13 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 08:19 PM)Jags Wrote: The amount of people on TV that pour water in a glass/mug straight from the tap.  Really? No one is filtering this crap?   Enjoy.  Keep it real.  Use the fridge’s filtered water.  A pUr filter, a bottle of Zephyr hills.  Whatever.

My water is filtered, but still comes out of the tap. Much better filtration than the fridge, pUr, Brita or whatever.

I drank water out of the hose on my property this past weekend straight out of my well.  It's water.  It might have a few extra minerals, but it's water.  Why filter it?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-09-2020, 07:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 11:13 AM)rollerjag Wrote: My water is filtered, but still comes out of the tap. Much better filtration than the fridge, pUr, Brita or whatever.

I drank water out of the hose on my property this past weekend straight out of my well.  It's water.  It might have a few extra minerals, but it's water.  Why filter it?

Think how incredibly spoiled we are as a people that we not only have access to fresh water anytime day or night, but we get to complain about how some fresh water tastes and easily obtain an alternative that we prefer. So many annoyances in this thread are the result of having things for which we should be constantly grateful.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

....it's got electrolytes.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I've been drinking well water pumped from just outside the house for my whole life. Lots of calcium.  

City water always tastes strongly like chlorine to me, yuck.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 04:50 PM by Jags.)

As a kid I drank from hoses fast forward and I’ve been pampered and like my filtered water from my fridge.  But I do drink about a gallon of it daily.  Maybe less on weekends.  So I’ve grown used to its taste.  Straight tap or the sulfer water my wife had with her well, ugh.

The way they package kids toys. You’ve got a 9.99 or 19.99 doll. But you act like you don’t want the kids to actually play with it. Opening a Barbie for my daughter on her Bday, this thing had (I kid you not) zip ties, rubber bands, twine, tape and those plastic things that would hold a price tag on clothing. Seriously? I can’t say how many toys I had to open over the years like that. Well, while opening this thing, I pull out my knife and slice away. However ther was a “clothes tag plastic thing” holding a tiara on this Barbie. It was tight. How do I cut this without immediately enlisting Barbie into the marines? Well, I come this far with... my EDC gets used daily. Knowing it’s needing some honing and maybe a sharpening, I look at the counter where I have a knife that is sharp. Like the one you pinch the plastic piece with your fingers and just touch it and it’s free. Well, stupid me, decided the blade in hand will work. Just be careful. How bout I just stab my left ring finger. What a gusher. Wife is dishing up cake and ice cream. Can I get another paper towel? 20 minutes wrapped up. We’re good. Nope, gushing. Slept with gauze taped on it. Let’s hope I don’t bleed out or ruin your 200.00 sheets. Seemed to do the trick. Didn’t have butterfly bandages and forgot about super glue.

Well, today I sharpened my EDC. Just gotta do at least one manly thing each day in a world of estrogen.

Well, it opened back up again. Got it on the comforter. Thought I was good. Got yelled at, lol. Seriously, to dumb it down, I’ve got a stab wound. I’m getting yelled at for that? Thought I was good. Guess not yet. I mean, I mowed 25 lawns like this. I take my belt off and aggravated it. Gimme a break.

(03-10-2020, 08:32 PM)Jags Wrote: Well, it opened back up again. Got it on the comforter.  Thought I was good.  Got yelled at, lol.  Seriously, to dumb it down, I’ve got a stab wound.  I’m getting yelled at for that?  Thought I was good. Guess not yet.  I mean, I mowed 25 lawns like this.  I take my belt off and aggravated it.   Gimme a break.

Ouch!

Hope that wound starts healing up soon. 

...and stop bleeding all over everything!!

(03-10-2020, 09:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 08:32 PM)Jags Wrote: Well, it opened back up again. Got it on the comforter.  Thought I was good.  Got yelled at, lol.  Seriously, to dumb it down, I’ve got a stab wound.  I’m getting yelled at for that?  Thought I was good. Guess not yet.  I mean, I mowed 25 lawns like this.  I take my belt off and aggravated it.   Gimme a break.

Ouch!

Hope that wound starts healing up soon. 

...and stop bleeding all over everything!!

Thanks.  I think I was trying not to baby it.  Let it breathe after work.  Tried to carry on as normal.  I’ll be more careful with it.

Me and sharps have a bad relationship, your adventure in the previous post is me dang near every time I use a blade.

some of my adventures:
- as a teenager took the side of my pinky off with a meat slicer
- tried to pry a chunk of plywood out of a hole saw bit with my brand new pocketknife, ended up nearly losing the tip of my thumb
- was stupid enough to help someone put up a barbed wire fence a week before my wedding, I had cuts all over hands, arms, and somehow back?
- cut myself with a dang butter knife while washing dishes
- impaled my foot on a nail

Please don't share this info with my life insurance provider.

(03-11-2020, 09:33 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Me and sharps have a bad relationship, your adventure in the previous post is me dang near every time I use a blade.

some of my adventures:
- as a teenager took the side of my pinky off with a meat slicer
- tried to pry a chunk of plywood out of a hole saw bit with my brand new pocketknife, ended up nearly losing the tip of my thumb
- was stupid enough to help someone put up a barbed wire fence a week before my wedding, I had cuts all over hands, arms, and somehow back?
- cut myself with a dang butter knife while washing dishes
- impaled my foot on a nail

Please don't share this info with my life insurance provider.

I pretty much fileted my thumb with a tire iron.  28 internal and external stitches total.  Was trying to pry a bicycle like tire off of a yard cart and was pulling towards me rather than pushing away.  You can guess the outcome.

Okay the wire fence is funny. 

Your back?!?!?  Laughing

(03-11-2020, 02:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Okay the wire fence is funny. 

You're back?!?!?  Laughing

Who does your tats man, that barbed wire tattoo looks REAL!!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 05:40 PM by Jags.)

So a few months ago I take on a client in my hood.  He wants biweekly service.  Ok.  Well one visit the following month, I get a text asking why I didn’t mow it.  I explained in a professional manner that it simply didn’t need it.  Oh, he’s a per visit customer.  No contract.  He thanks me for being honest and such. Ok cool.  I’m at his house today,  and it was iffy, overall it looked like crap due to leaves and weeds throughout.  Based off the history with this guy I was on the fence.  I decided if I had a lawn guy and my place looked like that when I got home I’d be upset.  We go the extra mile and clean up the oak leaves and did the full mowing.  I should’ve taken before/after.  Looked so much better.  I get a text asking why I did it and it didn’t need it.  Smh.  Damned if I do damned if I don’t.

Aside from the fact you hired me to do it on a schedule.  You don’t want service, text or call.  Jeez. 

Dealing with the public...

(03-11-2020, 09:33 AM)Mikey Wrote: - was stupid enough to help someone put up a barbed wire fence a week before my wedding, I had cuts all over hands, arms, and somehow back?

I was stupid enough to play a quick 9 holes the morning of my wedding.  Barely made it to the church on time and caught a lot of grief for it.  

If only I had played a full 18, I would have missed the ceremony completely and saved myself years of agony.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-11-2020, 05:35 PM)Jags Wrote: So a few months ago I take on a client in my hood.  He wants biweekly service.  Ok.  Well one visit the following month, I get a text asking why I didn’t mow it.  I explained in a professional manner that it simply didn’t need it.  Oh, he’s a per visit customer.  No contract.  He thanks me for being honest and such. Ok cool.  I’m at his house today,  and it was iffy, overall it looked like crap due to leaves and weeds throughout.  Based off the history with this guy I was on the fence.  I decided if I had a lawn guy and my place looked like that when I got home I’d be upset.  We go the extra mile and clean up the oak leaves and did the full mowing.  I should’ve taken before/after.  Looked so much better.  I get a text asking why I did it and it didn’t need it.  Smh.  Damned if I do damned if I don’t.

Aside from the fact you hired me to do it on a schedule.  You don’t want service, text or call.  Jeez. 

Dealing with the public...

Are you supposed to drive over and visually inspect his yard before deciding each week? Tell that fool to chill!

(03-11-2020, 09:23 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 09:33 AM)Mikey Wrote: - was stupid enough to help someone put up a barbed wire fence a week before my wedding, I had cuts all over hands, arms, and somehow back?

I was stupid enough to play a quick 9 holes the morning of my wedding.  Barely made it to the church on time and caught a lot of grief for it.  

If only I had played a full 18, I would have missed the ceremony completely and saved myself years of agony.

Good one, enjoyed it.

I was in the party of a wedding once and we did the same thing, all of us showing up at the church after everyone was seated. The Gloom and the BM headed around the side as I led the usher parade up the stairs to be greeted by one of the bridesmaids who just wanted to kill all 4 of us.

When she was done yapping, I just told her to let it go as it wasn't her party and there were other things that happened that she wasn't aware of and to put her happy face on. I spent the whole wedding trying to think of those other things. To her credit, she just let it all go (but the Gloom heard about it for years).
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-12-2020, 08:33 AM)PF* Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 09:23 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I was stupid enough to play a quick 9 holes the morning of my wedding.  Barely made it to the church on time and caught a lot of grief for it.  

Good one, enjoyed it.

I was in the party of a wedding once and we did the same thing, all of us showing up at the church after everyone was seated.  The Gloom and the BM headed around the side as I led the usher parade up the stairs to be greeted by one of the bridesmaids who just wanted to kill all 4 of us.

When she was done yapping, I just told her to let it go as it wasn't her party and there were other things that happened that she wasn't aware of and to put her happy face on. I spent the whole wedding trying to think of those other things. To her credit, she just let it all go (but the Gloom heard about it for years).

Holy Freudian typo, Batman!   Big Grin

The overuse and misuse of literal.  I've probably got a post on the is in this thread already.

Do people know what literal means?  I just read one in the football section that I won't repeat, and shook my head....literally.   Rolleyes