Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

Restaurants that have 'birthday songs'. What the [BLEEP] is wrong with"Happy Birthday"?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-10-2020, 06:21 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Restaurants that have 'birthday songs'.  What the [BLEEP] is wrong with"Happy Birthday"?

It used to be copyrighted. Now they’re sticking with their thang.

(10-10-2020, 06:21 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Restaurants that have 'birthday songs'.  What the [BLEEP] is wrong with"Happy Birthday"?

Along those lines, love to finally be able to go on a date with my wife, the first time we've been able to enjoy calm, quiet conversation in months, and here comes a parade of clapping servers to the table next to us.

Just end me, please.

Reese’s take 5 fun size can’t bars. Absolutely nothing to [BLEEP] about. Except that it’s fun size and I eat 3 of them then get yelled at for eating the candy I bought for trick-or-treaters. I’ll replace them... Maybe a bit lesser of a candy, but still.

Waiting on inspection for 3 days now. Just end me.

(10-15-2020, 08:50 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Waiting on inspection for 3 days now. Just end me.

Isn’t there a time limit on crops?

(10-15-2020, 09:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 08:50 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Waiting on inspection for 3 days now. Just end me.

Isn’t there a time limit on crops?

When I used to do juice concentrate I'd know within 24 hours how things went. I'm sure it's similar for fresh market crops as well. Dried fruit and tree nuts, they'll take their sweet time, a week or so isn't uncommon.

It's a long wait to straddle between you've made or lost money.

I tell my wife I wanted to cook steaks this afternoon. Yesterday she brings a couple of them home that look nice. What do I find out she did with them? Put them in the freezer. 

Wallbash

(10-18-2020, 01:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I tell my wife I wanted to cook steaks this afternoon. Yesterday she brings a couple of them home that look nice. What do I find out she did with them? Put them in the freezer. 

Wallbash

Noooooooooooo, why????? 1 day?

(10-18-2020, 02:18 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 01:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I tell my wife I wanted to cook steaks this afternoon. Yesterday she brings a couple of them home that look nice. What do I find out she did with them? Put them in the freezer. 

Wallbash

Noooooooooooo, why????? 1 day?

I threw my hands up in exasperation.

Wallbash

That definitely sucks.

Wallbash

My late father in law only cooked his steaks frozen, and they were the best steaks I’d ever eaten!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-18-2020, 06:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Wallbash

My late father in law only cooked his steaks frozen, and they were the best steaks I’d ever eaten!

Did he cook them while still frozen?

I cooked our steaks tonight, and while they tasted good (because I cooked them), they were a little tough.

(10-18-2020, 08:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 06:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: My late father in law only cooked his steaks frozen, and they were the best steaks I’d ever eaten!

I cooked our steaks tonight, and while they tasted good (because I cooked them), they were a little tough.

Is it true that Floridians don't eat tri-tip?

(10-18-2020, 10:15 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Did he cook them while still frozen?

You don't see it at meat counters here. It may be possible to go to a butcher and get that cut of meat, but no one I know has ever heard of it. They just don't know what they're missing.

There was a small place in Armona called Frank's Market that had a meat counter which sold the tastiest hunk of marinated tri-tip I ever had. I can still smell and taste it along with a side of beans, seasoned potatoes and salad. Or on a tortilla with pico and a cold beer.

See what you started?

(10-18-2020, 10:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 10:15 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Is it true that Floridians don't eat tri-tip?

You don't see it at meat counters here. It may be possible to go to a butcher and get that cut of meat, but no one I know has ever heard of it. They just don't know what they're missing.

There was a small place in Armona called Frank's Market that had a meat counter which sold the tastiest hunk of marinated tri-tip I ever had. I can still smell and taste it along with a side of beans, seasoned potatoes and salad. Or on a tortilla with pico and a cold beer.

See what you started?

Haha that's wild.

(10-18-2020, 10:15 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Did he cook them while still frozen?

Last week I had a nice tri-tip from a local restaurant.

My Publix here in Jax will have tri-tip every now and then but not often.

(10-19-2020, 11:06 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: My Publix here in Jax will have tri-tip every now and then but not often.

Well it’s encouraging to hear tri-tip is available in some places. It’s a wonderful cut of meat that’s absolutely wonderful marinated and grilled.

In the Central Valley of California where SF is, it’s a staple.

(10-18-2020, 08:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 06:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: My late father in law only cooked his steaks frozen, and they were the best steaks I’d ever eaten!

Completely frozen!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???