Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(12-15-2020, 08:10 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 08:03 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: RCA would be my preference as it stays out of the sound port processor, but it’s likely still molested by a DSP. After our discussion, I'm certain a soundbar is not for me. Nothing beats an analog signal from the TV into an all analog amplifier, in my opinion. 

Back to the optical, I assume you've tried a different cable. And if so, I would then assume you had the same problem. That cable and its connectors are fiber optic. Have you tried cleaning the connections on the TV and the soundbar?

You’d assume correctly.  I figured the cable was linked and broke since there is zero slack in it and the bar may have gotten moved to break it. Tried a new longer one.  Didn’t work. No, I haven’t tried cleaning the ports.  It just kinda dawned on me that the ports could be the issue once I typed that out.  And if we haven’t dealt with this 2 months after buying it all and having it professionally installed for just over a year now I’d care more.  But how do you clean those ports? Compressed air?? A-tips?

Tips with isopropyl alcohol. Use one tip with the alcohol, then another clean, dry one to finish.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2020, 08:26 PM by Jags.)

(12-15-2020, 08:14 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 08:10 PM)Jags Wrote: You’d assume correctly.  I figured the cable was linked and broke since there is zero slack in it and the bar may have gotten moved to break it. Tried a new longer one.  Didn’t work. No, I haven’t tried cleaning the ports.  It just kinda dawned on me that the ports could be the issue once I typed that out.  And if we haven’t dealt with this 2 months after buying it all and having it professionally installed for just over a year now I’d care more.  But how do you clean those ports? Compressed air?? A-tips?

Tips with isopropyl alcohol. Use one tip with the alcohol, then another clean, dry one to finish.

Thanks for the pro tips!   I’ll give it a shot.  But considering there are forums that cover my bar, and m fairly certain it’s just a Samsung bust.  Too many people are having the same issue.  It’s currently working.  And from what I gather, it’s working through the optical.  It’ll tell me the connection while adjusting the volume.  Once it stops or reverts to BT, I’ll just try the good ole reliable RCA route.  I do appreciate the info.

And truth be told, the only time I watch the damn thing is a jags game or evening news for the weather.  So as long as the wife is happy...   or ignorant to the situationSmile

(12-15-2020, 08:23 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 08:14 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Tips with isopropyl alcohol. Use one tip with the alcohol, then another clean, dry one to finish.

Thanks for the pro tips!   I’ll give it a shot.  But considering there are forums that cover my bar, and m fairly certain it’s just a Samsung bust.  Too many people are having the same issue.  It’s currently working.  And from what I gather, it’s working through the optical.  It’ll tell me the connection while adjusting the volume.  Once it stops or reverts to BT, I’ll just try to good ole reliable RCA route.  I do appreciate the info.

And truth be told, the only time I watch the damn thing is a jags game or even news for the weather.  So as long as the wife is happy...   or ignorant to the situationSmile

You're welcome and good luck.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 07:02 PM by Jags.)

I intentionally held off on this one because it was Christmas and I was more than happy to do it.  Mainly because of the glow in my daughter’s eye while patiently awaiting her new toy.  Since
It’s no longer Christmas...

The way these companies package kids toys!!! Holy [BLEEP]!  Do you want them to play with them or not? You’ve got my money now so you probably don’t give a [BLEEP].  Barbie.  You’re a pretty girl.  But how pretty will you be after Daddy takes a pair of diagonals to the plastic ( whatever they use to put price tags on shirts) that has zero clearance from that hair of yours to the plastic holding you in the box.  Nope, can’t cut it from behind and Daddy isn’t a surgeon.  Sorry ‘bout your luck there, kid, but Barbie now has a few less strands of hair.  That and there are zip ties, rubber bands, price tag plastic thing-a-ma-job-er-dos and tape holding this stuff to the box.

What's become of college basketball. I used to enjoy it, especially Kentucky basketball, but it's turned into one giant NBA developmental league. 'One and done' has absolutely gutted its character and competitiveness. No longer can you follow a player grow and improve over a four year period. They're there for less than a year and then gone.

(01-06-2021, 09:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What's become of college basketball. I used to enjoy it, especially Kentucky basketball, but it's turned into one giant NBA developmental league. 'One and done' has absolutely gutted its character and competitiveness. No longer can you follow a player grow and improve over a four year period. They're there for less than a year and then gone.

[Image: nba-basketball-money-betting.png]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-28-2020, 07:00 PM)Jags Wrote: I intentionally held off on this one because it was Christmas and I was more than happy to do it.  Mainly because of the glow in my daughter’s eye while patiently awaiting her new toy.  Since

The way these companies package kids toys!!! Holy [BLEEP]!  Do you want them to play with them or not? You’ve got my money now so you probably don’t give a [BLEEP].  Barbie.  You’re a pretty girl.  But how pretty will you be after Daddy takes a pair of diagonals to the plastic ( whatever they use to put price tags on shirts) that has zero clearance from that hair of yours to the plastic holding you in the box.  Nope, can’t cut it from behind and Daddy isn’t a surgeon.  Sorry ‘bout your luck there, kid, but Barbie now has a few less strands of hair.  That and there are zip ties, rubber bands, price tag plastic thing-a-ma-job-er-dos and tape holding this stuff to the box.

They act like the toys are prone to making an escape from their packaging when no one is looking!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-06-2021, 10:26 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 07:00 PM)Jags Wrote: I intentionally held off on this one because it was Christmas and I was more than happy to do it.  Mainly because of the glow in my daughter’s eye while patiently awaiting her new toy.  Since

They act like the toys are prone to making an escape from their packaging when no one is looking!

LOL.  It's called inventory shrinkage and Barbie always has an accomplice.

(01-06-2021, 10:49 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:26 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: They act like the toys are prone to making an escape from their packaging when no one is looking!

LOL.  It's called inventory shrinkage and Barbie always has an accomplice.

She is a trifling heifer!

(01-06-2021, 10:59 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:49 PM)Sneakers Wrote: LOL.  It's called inventory shrinkage and Barbie always has an accomplice.

She is a trifling heifer!
What else would you expect to find in Walmart......a Ken doll?

(01-06-2021, 11:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:59 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: She is a trifling heifer!
What else would you expect to find in Walmart......a Ken doll?

I’m sure she found that whole not being anatomically correct a total bummer.

(01-06-2021, 11:55 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote: What else would you expect to find in Walmart......a Ken doll?

I’m sure she found that whole not being anatomically correct a total bummer.

By next Christmas we'll probably see a transgender Barbie set.  She and Ken will have interchangeable parts!

(01-09-2021, 12:30 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:55 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’m sure she found that whole not being anatomically correct a total bummer.

By next Christmas we'll probably see a transgender Barbie set.  She and Ken will have interchangeable parts!

Cry

Sometimes those toys need to get out by themselves.

https://youtu.be/2ayyDpV8l04

(01-09-2021, 12:30 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:55 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’m sure she found that whole not being anatomically correct a total bummer.

There is a handicap Barbie.  Idk if that’s what they officially call it or not.  She’s in a wheelchair.     Wouldn’t be surprised in the least if they made a Barbie with an opposable/removable wiener.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 12:54 PM by WingerDinger.)

(01-11-2021, 08:46 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 12:30 AM)Sneakers Wrote: By next Christmas we'll probably see a transgender Barbie set.  She and Ken will have interchangeable parts!

There is a handicap Barbie.  Idk if that’s what they officially call it or not.  She’s in a wheelchair.     Wouldn’t be surprised in the least if they made a Barbie with an opposable/removable wiener.

Octogender Barbie/Bert/Shim
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

3 days now trying to get a damn prescription from Publix. Tell me they’d have it today. I come in at 200 and wait in the 3 person line for 15 minutes. they say they’re still working on it. Give them 20 minutes. Can I use the 15 I spent waiting on people picking up? Why the hell does it take so long to pick it up? I had no other shopping. So I go home and went back at 345. There’s 4 people in line so I had to wait 20 minutes. Yay! My turn! I walk up and the same girl that told me 20 minutes says “ I’m sorry I’m going to help him next” [BLEEP]?!? I just left. Been working all week with a torn rib muscle what’s another day. Maybe the doctor can send it to another pharmacy?? Idk if they can do that or not.

(01-21-2021, 05:15 PM)Jags Wrote: 3 days now trying to get a damn prescription from Publix.  Tell me they’d have it today.  I come in at 200 and wait in the 3 person line for 15 minutes.  they say they’re still working on it.  Give them 20 minutes.  Can I use the 15 I spent waiting on people picking up?  Why the hell does it take so long to pick it up?  I had no other shopping. So I go home and went back at 345.  There’s 4 people in line so I had to wait 20 minutes.  Yay! My turn!  I walk up and the same girl that told me 20 minutes says “ I’m sorry I’m going to help him next” [BLEEP]?!?   I just left.  Been working all week with a torn rib muscle what’s another day.  Maybe the doctor can send it to another pharmacy?? Idk if they can do that or not.

They can transfer the prescription to CVS, who will send you a text conformation when it's ready for pick up.

(01-21-2021, 06:44 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 05:15 PM)Jags Wrote: 3 days now trying to get a damn prescription from Publix.  Tell me they’d have it today.  I come in at 200 and wait in the 3 person line for 15 minutes.  they say they’re still working on it.  Give them 20 minutes.  Can I use the 15 I spent waiting on people picking up?  Why the hell does it take so long to pick it up?  I had no other shopping. So I go home and went back at 345.  There’s 4 people in line so I had to wait 20 minutes.  Yay! My turn!  I walk up and the same girl that told me 20 minutes says “ I’m sorry I’m going to help him next” [BLEEP]?!?   I just left.  Been working all week with a torn rib muscle what’s another day.  Maybe the doctor can send it to another pharmacy?? Idk if they can do that or not.

They can transfer the prescription to CVS, who will send you a text conformation when it's ready for pick up.

I meet a guy behind the Popeye's on Moncrief. He sends texts too.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 07:01 PM by Jags.)

(01-21-2021, 06:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 06:44 PM)Sneakers Wrote: They can transfer the prescription to CVS, who will send you a text conformation when it's ready for pick up.

I meet a guy behind the Popeye's on Moncrief. He sends texts too.

I actually turned down the pain meds.  I just wanted the lidocaine patches.  Which the doctor said I could use OTC if insurance didn’t pay for it.  I bought the OTC ones she recommended.  Since Publix didn’t have the full RX a few days ago.  

Here’s my other annoyance about this whole thing.  The box of patches state “improved adhesion” on the box.  I can only assume the previous adhesion technology was licking the damn thing and plastering  it on the ribs.  This “improved adhesion” is about on par with taking a wet washcloth and putting it on your side.  Sure it’ll stay there.  Until you blink, fart  or verbally cuss the thing out.  I was hoping, besides the extra strength, the prescription ones used some sort of alien technology to hold it in place, like a band-aid does.  It could be wasted money.  I may just have to gorilla tape it on.

There was a third RX for some breathing thing to blow into as well that I declined to have filled.  I can’t imagine blowing that thing while  reading these magazines I’m getting in the mail.