Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(04-21-2021, 04:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Having the pleasure of getting stuck behind Mr. Bumper Rider meets Mr. Brake Checker.

Road rage.  I think we’ve all seen pretty much everything at this point.  Road rage is another TA of mine.  We’re all headed the same direction.  Let a guy in for Pete’s sake.  Don’t cut off 2 cars to be stuck behind the long line of cars ahead.  

In your scenario, I’d love to see 2 Teslas going at it.  With their (yes I know many other auto manufacturers have it) emergency braking systems (not to be confused with adaptive cruise control that many other manufacturers have as well) lane control (also on many manufacturers vehicles) and other safety features. That would be quite a show.  Almost like watching battle bots except these 2 can’t actually touch each other.  Like watching 2 magnets aligned in the same pole.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-21-2021, 04:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Having the pleasure of getting stuck behind Mr. Bumper Rider meets Mr. Brake Checker.

But it's fun to (unnecessarily) tap the brakes when some idiot is on your bumper.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-21-2021, 07:34 PM)Jags Wrote:

Road rage.  I think we’ve all seen pretty much everything at this point.  Road rage is another TA of mine.  We’re all headed the same direction.  Let a guy in for Pete’s sake.  Don’t cut off 2 cars to be stuck behind the long line of cars ahead.  

In your scenario, I’d love to see 2 Teslas going at it.  With their (yes I know many other auto manufacturers have it) emergency braking systems (not to be confused with adaptive cruise control that many other manufacturers have as well) lane control (also on many manufacturers vehicles) and other safety features. That would be quite a show.  Almost like watching battle bots except these 2 can’t actually touch each other.  Like watching 2 magnets aligned in the same pole.

Fair odds I'll die in a road rage incident one day.

(04-21-2021, 08:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

But it's fun to (unnecessarily) tap the brakes when some idiot is on your bumper.

Sure, it's a lot of fun right up to the point where he rear-ends you.

(04-22-2021, 05:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 08:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote: But it's fun to (unnecessarily) tap the brakes when some idiot is on your bumper.

I saw that coming.  Wait... does that make me the [BLEEP] hole??   Ninja

(04-22-2021, 05:56 AM)Jags Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 05:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sure, it's a lot of fun right up to the point where he rear-ends you.

I saw that coming.  Wait... does that make me the [BLEEP] hole??   Ninja

That makes him the pitcher and you the catcher, yes.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 06:55 AM by Jags.)

(04-22-2021, 06:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 05:56 AM)Jags Wrote: I saw that coming.  Wait... does that make me the [BLEEP] hole??   Ninja

That makes him the pitcher and you the catcher, yes.

I’m going to out out on a limb and assume (no pun intended) this topic (brake checking, etc.) hits home to you (also no pun intended). If you’ve lossed someone or had someone seriously injured due to road rage, I’m sorry.  But he and I obviously just messing around on a fun message board.  If that’s not the case, then relax a little.  You’ll feel better.

(04-22-2021, 12:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 07:34 PM)Jags Wrote: Road rage.  I think we’ve all seen pretty much everything at this point.  Road rage is another TA of mine.  We’re all headed the same direction.  Let a guy in for Pete’s sake.  Don’t cut off 2 cars to be stuck behind the long line of cars ahead.  

Fair odds I'll die in a road rage incident one day.

Is road rage that prevalent over there, or are you guilty of it?  

It’s The smaller things that irritate and piss me off, but the bigger things and even driving don’t affect me much.  Guess I’m backwards.

(04-22-2021, 06:52 AM)Jags Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 06:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That makes him the pitcher and you the catcher, yes.

I’m going to out out on a limb and assume (no pun intended) this topic (brake checking, etc.) hits home to you (also no pun intended). If you’ve lossed someone or had someone seriously injured due to road rage, I’m sorry.  But he and I obviously just messing around on a fun message board.  If that’s not the case, then relax a little.  You’ll feel better.

No, I've never been in any situation like that.  I just wanted to point out that if you brake-check when you are being tailgated, you are endangering your own car.

(04-22-2021, 07:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 06:52 AM)Jags Wrote: I’m going to out out on a limb and assume (no pun intended) this topic (brake checking, etc.) hits home to you (also no pun intended). If you’ve lossed someone or had someone seriously injured due to road rage, I’m sorry.  But he and I obviously just messing around on a fun message board.  If that’s not the case, then relax a little.  You’ll feel better.

No, I've never been in any situation like that.  I just wanted to point out that if you brake-check when you are being tailgated, you are endangering your own car.

I won't full-stop brake, but if someone is riding the bumper I am off the gas and slowing them down. Same reason, I don't want them to plow through the rear gate. back off a bit, and we'll get back to cruising through this trafffic.

(04-22-2021, 07:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 06:52 AM)Jags Wrote: I’m going to out out on a limb and assume (no pun intended) this topic (brake checking, etc.) hits home to you (also no pun intended). If you’ve lossed someone or had someone seriously injured due to road rage, I’m sorry.  But he and I obviously just messing around on a fun message board.  If that’s not the case, then relax a little.  You’ll feel better.

Yeah, physics is Rad! I tend to gravitate towards myself.   My wife is the polar opposite, though.  We certainly don’t want to have a collision.  I apologize if I created friction between us.

(04-22-2021, 05:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 08:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote: But it's fun to (unnecessarily) tap the brakes when some idiot is on your bumper.

[Image: 2-F1-C18-D6-1-CF4-418-C-BC9-D-AF68-BC6897-BF.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-22-2021, 06:52 AM)Jags Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 06:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That makes him the pitcher and you the catcher, yes.

(04-22-2021, 12:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Fair odds I'll die in a road rage incident one day.

It’s The smaller things that irritate and piss me off, but the bigger things and even driving don’t affect me much.  Guess I’m backwards.

Guilty as charged. 

Fresno is nowhere near as bad as LA or even SF. But am still avoid whole areas of the city based on the traffic/crowds. 

If someone ever tries to convince you to drive through LA, don't. It will take 15 years off your life.

I feel the same about Atlanta. Driving there should include hazardous duty pay.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 07:09 PM by Jags.)

(04-22-2021, 04:36 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Guilty as charged. 

Fresno is nowhere near as bad as LA or even SF. But am still avoid whole areas of the city based on the traffic/crowds. 

If someone ever tries to convince you to drive through LA, don't. It will take 15 years off your life.
I think we’ve all seen enough about LA on tv or the movies about their traffic.  I4 is it?  You can’t pay me enough to drive on that.  If what I’ve seen is half of what you’ve dealt with, I get it!!rage on my my friend!

(04-22-2021, 04:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I feel the same about Atlanta. Driving there should include hazardous duty pay.

Holy crap, Atlanta does suck!  Maybe not as much as SF’s area.  But that was hectic indeed.  Numerous trips through there while my MIL was on her death bed.  I’m not sure who had it worse.  Her or me. (I’m kidding Marty as well as others that have been taking it up the [BLEEP], I mean too seriously.

recent annoyance has been trying to agree on a color to paint the house.

wifey's first statement "I don't want to live in a blue house"
okay, I get chips of tans, ochres, earthy greens
"I don't want to live in a brown house"
She gets to browsing around, and suggests blue as a house color.
I give up, just pick a color, I am just the help.
We spent more time today worried about what color to paint the front door than what color the house should be.
Maybe we should just leave it alone for another five years.

(04-28-2021, 10:43 AM)Mikey Wrote: recent annoyance has been trying to agree on a color to paint the house.

wifey's first statement "I don't want to live in a blue house"
okay, I get chips of tans, ochres, earthy greens
"I don't want to live in a brown house"
She gets to browsing around, and suggests blue as a house color.
I give up, just pick a color, I am just the help.
We spent more time today worried about what color to paint the front door than what color the house should be.
Maybe we should just leave it alone for another five years.
Oh boy, can I relate!   Our anniversary was the other day.  We’re not a “sappy” couple.  So I was looking at the humorous cards.  There was one I was going to get that said “which color do you like?” He picks that didn’t match the couch.  Picks another, that didn’t go with something else.  Finally picks the last one.  I didn’t get that card because it turned out to be “from” others to a couple having an anniversary.  Would’ve been perfect.  

Speaking of cards and annoyances.  Seeing card slots labeled “anniversary Husband-husband”.  I had my daughter with me too.  I won’t go into that one further.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2021, 06:32 PM by Jags.)

So I’ve had about 8 or so hours to simmer down.  So I suppose it’s now trivial.   I’ve got a client.  I won’t name his name.  But his name should be known by all on this board.  Probably the most revered name we’ve heard on the board.  I can only hope this dude was at the gym or grocery store, anywhere but home.  Like...my lawn guy is expected let’s send him a text.  As it so happened, we were taking care of his and 4 of his neighbors lawns in one stop.  My area got abundant rain starting at 9 this morning.  This guys lawn is last to get done at the stop.  It was a downpour.  One of the downpours that usually we all just get in the truck.  I had 2 guys blowing off the other 4 and I was halfway through this [BLEEP] lawn. It was a game of which crew member would give in first but none of us did.  We were all soaking wet head to toe.  I get a text halfway through mowing this lawn.  Considering the radar, I’m convinced it’s my dad asking if we got rained out and press on, while freezing my [BLEEP] off.  I get done finally while the others are still blowing off.  I stand outside of the truck in the rain as a sign of solidarity and respect for the others still out in it.  I check my phone.... it’s this [BLEEP] yard asking if I’ll do extra work today?!?!??,   Duck the loving [BLEEP] out of you.  Like seriously, [BLEEP] off!!   Idc, I really , really don’t, who the heck you were.  Have some freaking respect.  This wasn’t any rain that you wouldn’t see looking out the window.  This was rain that if you weren’t looking out, you’d still know it was raining.  That’s why I am hoping he wasn’t home (he usually is).  

Oh, I did the extra work.  Hoping for our first ever tip from this millionaire, while the others blew off.   I did it out of “spite”, if that makes sense??

Lmao.  I see the autocorrect.  That’s funny.

(05-06-2021, 06:26 PM)Jags Wrote: So I’ve had about 8 or so hours to simmer down.  So I suppose it’s now trivial.   I’ve got a client.  I won’t name his name.  But his name should be known by all on this board.  Probably the most revered name we’ve heard on the board.  I can only hope this dude was at the gym or grocery store, anywhere but home.  Like...my lawn guy is expected let’s send him a text.  As it so happened, we were taking care of his and 4 of his neighbors lawns in one stop.  My area got abundant rain starting at 9 this morning.  This guys lawn is last to get done at the stop.  It was a downpour.  One of the downpours that usually we all just get in the truck.  I had 2 guys blowing off the other 4 and I was halfway through this [BLEEP] lawn. It was a game of which crew member would give in first but none of us did.  We were all soaking wet head to toe.  I get a text halfway through mowing this lawn.  Considering the radar, I’m convinced it’s my dad asking if we got rained out and press on, while freezing my [BLEEP] off.  I get done finally while the others are still blowing off.  I stand outside of the truck in the rain as a sign of solidarity and respect for the others still out in it.  I check my phone.... it’s this [BLEEP] yard asking if I’ll do extra work today?!?!??,   Duck the loving [BLEEP] out of you.  Like seriously, [BLEEP] off!!   Idc, I really , really don’t, who the heck you were.  Have some freaking respect.  This wasn’t any rain that you wouldn’t see looking out the window.  This was rain that if you weren’t looking out, you’d still know it was raining.  That’s why I am hoping he wasn’t home (he usually is).  

Oh, I did the extra work.  Hoping for our first ever tip from this millionaire, while the others blew off.   I did it out of “spite”, if that makes sense??

What was the extra work?

(05-06-2021, 09:39 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 06:26 PM)Jags Wrote: So I’ve had about 8 or so hours to simmer down.  So I suppose it’s now trivial.   I’ve got a client.  I won’t name his name.  But his name should be known by all on this board.  Probably the most revered name we’ve heard on the board.  I can only hope this dude was at the gym or grocery store, anywhere but home.  Like...my lawn guy is expected let’s send him a text.  As it so happened, we were taking care of his and 4 of his neighbors lawns in one stop.  My area got abundant rain starting at 9 this morning.  This guys lawn is last to get done at the stop.  It was a downpour.  One of the downpours that usually we all just get in the truck.  I had 2 guys blowing off the other 4 and I was halfway through this [BLEEP] lawn. It was a game of which crew member would give in first but none of us did.  We were all soaking wet head to toe.  I get a text halfway through mowing this lawn.  Considering the radar, I’m convinced it’s my dad asking if we got rained out and press on, while freezing my [BLEEP] off.  I get done finally while the others are still blowing off.  I stand outside of the truck in the rain as a sign of solidarity and respect for the others still out in it.  I check my phone.... it’s this [BLEEP] yard asking if I’ll do extra work today?!?!??,   Duck the loving [BLEEP] out of you.  Like seriously, [BLEEP] off!!   Idc, I really , really don’t, who the heck you were.  Have some freaking respect.  This wasn’t any rain that you wouldn’t see looking out the window.  This was rain that if you weren’t looking out, you’d still know it was raining.  That’s why I am hoping he wasn’t home (he usually is).  

What was the extra work?

Knocking down a bunch of stuff HE let get overgrown. Nothing that we are paid to do on a monthly basis.  I consider “extra work” to anything not set up in the contract.  Truth be told, more often than not we don’t charge for that extra work since we’re just so nice Rolleyes

Has anyone heard the radio commercial by that scumbag who promises to get people out of their timeshares? This guy spent years selling timeshares and now makes money getting them out from underneath them.

Brilliant, really, but immoral as hell.