Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(07-14-2021, 02:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 01:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Can you call your card company and tell them you need to make a large purchase? Or can you buy ebay gift cards with your different payments?

Dang, you sound like a pro.

I’m a girl…shopping is my cardio! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-14-2021, 01:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 12:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Presently annoyed that eBay won't let you use multiple forms of payment for large purchases.
Trying to buy commercial equipment for 9K and my CC only allows max 8K purchase.  The offer for 9K is about to expire and return to a 12K price.

Can you call your card company and tell them you need to make a large purchase? Or can you buy ebay gift cards with your different payments?

If it were my AMEX, I could and they'd approve it straightaway.  But it's a card my boss wants to use to collect hotel/vacation points - and they don't have the same level of customer service.

(07-14-2021, 04:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 01:12 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Can you call your card company and tell them you need to make a large purchase? Or can you buy ebay gift cards with your different payments?

If it were my AMEX, I could and they'd approve it straightaway.  But it's a card my boss wants to use to collect hotel/vacation points - and they don't have the same level of customer service.

Must be a helluva kegrator, party at NYCs!

(07-14-2021, 08:54 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 04:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If it were my AMEX, I could and they'd approve it straightaway.  But it's a card my boss wants to use to collect hotel/vacation points - and they don't have the same level of customer service.

Must be a helluva kegrator, party at NYCs!

Did somebody say beer?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

So I had one of those spam text messages that asked if I wanted to put a Mountain Dew sticker on my truck, car or motorcycle for some dollar amount I can’t remember. Annoying yes. Even more annoying it was sent in a group text to me along with 9 or so other people with very similar phone numbers. The most annoying part was getting a [BLEEP] tons of reply texts from the group “no” “stop” “stop”… I almost wanted to reply to tell the other [BLEEP] they were on a group text and to just delete the [BLEEP].

(07-16-2021, 10:43 PM)Jags Wrote: So I had one of those spam text messages that asked if I wanted to put a Mountain Dew sticker on my truck, car or motorcycle for some dollar amount I can’t remember.  Annoying yes.  Even more annoying it was sent in a group text to me along with 9 or so other people with very similar phone numbers.  The most annoying part was getting a [BLEEP] tons of reply texts from the group “no” “stop” “stop”… I almost wanted to reply to tell the other [BLEEP] they were on a group text and to just  delete the [BLEEP].

TextKiller! Check it out.

Why do people back into parking spaces?

(07-20-2021, 03:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Why do people back into parking spaces?

To annoy the hell out of me! Laughing

(07-20-2021, 03:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Why do people back into parking spaces?

To avoid maneuvering and cross traffic when leaving. When I drove a humongous Yukon XL, I backed into a parking space if possible.

(07-20-2021, 03:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

To avoid maneuvering and cross traffic when leaving. When I drove a humongous Yukon XL, I backed into a parking space if possible.

So is maneuvering and cross traffic non existent while backing in?

It's actually illegal to back into spaces in a parking garage in Florida from what I was told.. Your tag has to be visible for police cars driving by..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(07-20-2021, 03:27 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 03:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: To avoid maneuvering and cross traffic when leaving. When I drove a humongous Yukon XL, I backed into a parking space if possible.

So is maneuvering and cross traffic non existent while backing in?

Do cars drive across parking spaces? I’m backing into a known space without worrying about people or cars darting in back of me. I also don’t have to worry about another long vehicle parking  across from me making maneuvering backwards that much more difficult. It’s much simpler to leave moving forwards than backwards.

Deal with it, lady! :p

(07-20-2021, 03:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 03:27 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: So is maneuvering and cross traffic non existent while backing in?

Do cars drive across parking spaces? I’m backing into a known space without worrying about people or cars darting in back of me. I also don’t have to worry about another long vehicle parking  across from me making maneuvering backwards that much more difficult. It’s much simpler to leave moving forwards than backwards.

Deal with it, lady! :p

No, but you have to deal with people pulling into your spot while you pulled past it to back into it. Seen that happen more than a few times.

I do it all the time at work.  The area where I park is kind of tight to get out of in the afternoons.  I drive an F-150 and it's much easier to get out moving forward rather than backing.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-20-2021, 03:48 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I do it all the time at work.  The area where I park is kind of tight to get out of in the afternoons.  I drive an F-150 and it's much easier to get out moving forward rather than backing.

It was actually a requirement at my last job.  

They were huge on safety and a study showed that the vast majority of accidents when parking/leaving a parking spot occur when someone is backing out of a parking spot.

(07-20-2021, 03:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: It's actually illegal to back into spaces in a parking garage in Florida from what I was told.. Your tag has to be visible for police cars driving by..

So is it illegal to close the garage door? Lol

A lot of Laws are stupid.

(07-20-2021, 03:56 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 03:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: It's actually illegal to back into spaces in a parking garage in Florida from what I was told.. Your tag has to be visible for police cars driving by..

So is it illegal to close the garage door? Lol

A lot of Laws are stupid.

The only time it's illegal is if it is posted as illegal.  At least from what I see on the Google machine.

(07-20-2021, 03:48 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Not just that, but trucks and other long wheelbase vehicles are easier and safer to park in reverse.  If you try to make a right turn into a space between a couple cars at your average strip mall with perpendicular spaces, it's gonna take a while and a lot of back-and-forth.

(07-20-2021, 04:19 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 03:48 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I do it all the time at work.  The area where I park is kind of tight to get out of in the afternoons.  I drive an F-150 and it's much easier to get out moving forward rather than backing.

Not just that, but trucks and other long wheelbase vehicles are easier and safer to park in reverse.  If you try to make a right turn into a space between a couple cars at your average strip mall with perpendicular spaces, it's gonna take a while and a lot of back-and-forth.

Absolutely.    Some places have parking spaces that are way too small that it's easier to park further away and walk a few extra yards to get to the store.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

In the Army we always backed in to parking spaces. Humvees, deuce-and-a-halfs and 5-ton trucks are not known for their tight turn radius. Lol. It became a habit after awhile. Plus, as others have said, it's easier to park a truck or SUV by backing in and safer for everyone when we're pulling out of the spot.

Also, if I have to get somewhere quickly it's easier and faster to pull forward.