Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(09-12-2021, 05:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 02:51 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Why did fedoras ever have to come into fashion????  Wallbash

I guess because some of us have to wear a hat.  In my case, Doctor's orders.

Mine too Marty, exactly my lament.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like beanies, panamas, fedoras and those Josh Gates style hats. But sadly, I can only pull off a normal hat. At least, IMO. Though, I’m growing the hair out and have an almost year old beard. Perhaps I can rock a duster and an Indians jones/Gates hats (in black) and ride a Harley across the nation picking up bounties. Pretty sure no one has ever don’t that not named Lorenzo.

I wear an Australian soaker hat when the sun is overhead and I’m out working or golfing. The air flow is wonderful, if any air is moving at all on those sweltering days.

(09-12-2021, 05:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 02:51 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Why did fedoras ever have to come into fashion????  Wallbash

I guess because some of us have to wear a hat.  In my case, Doctor's orders.

As long as it's not a baseball hat backwards.  Behind the plate is OK, anywhere else is just a stupid look.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

The word “sorry” being used instead of “excuse me”. Earlier I was on our weekly grocery trip.. some lady approached me and to lean in front of me to get what she wanted (where I was also getting something and was there first) she said “ooh.. sorry” not in an apologetic way, but as a justification for getting in my way.. also, “sorry?” being used instead of “pardon?”

Maybe they’re very British things to get annoyed at, but they really do get on my nerves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(09-14-2021, 12:59 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: The word “sorry” being used instead of “excuse me”. Earlier I was on our weekly grocery trip.. some lady approached me and to lean in front of me to get what she wanted (where I was also getting something and was there first) she said “ooh.. sorry” not in an apologetic way, but as a justification for getting in my way.. also, “sorry?” being used instead of “pardon?”

Maybe they’re very British things to get annoyed at, but they really do get on my nerves.

That happens across the pond here too. I think it’s slang for “I’m an [BLEEP], but would like to not come off as one”.  Fake people.  If I’m going to be an [BLEEP], I sure as hell am not going to apologize for it.

(09-14-2021, 12:59 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: The word “sorry” being used instead of “excuse me”. Earlier I was on our weekly grocery trip.. some lady approached me and to lean in front of me to get what she wanted (where I was also getting something and was there first) she said “ooh.. sorry” not in an apologetic way, but as a justification for getting in my way.. also, “sorry?” being used instead of “pardon?”

Uh-oh.  I do that all the time.  I don't mean getting in front of people who were there first, I mean saying "sorry" instead of "excuse me."   It just rolls off the tongue easier than "excuse me."

I prefer a 'sorry' to someone just crawling over me, my kids, or my stuff to get to something. If you indicate in any way that you need something where I am, I am happy to make room. If you just assume that the store is your personal warehouse, though, you're gonna get all the passive aggression and condescension.

This goes for everything, though, merging in traffic, boarding planes, shopping, whatever. I am happy to extend courtesy when others are being courteous as well. If they want to act selfishly, I will be happy to stoop down to their level of pigheadedness.

Should have told her to take her spotted dick and shove it.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 07:29 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-14-2021, 09:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I wear an Australian soaker hat when the sun is overhead and I’m out working or golfing. The air flow is wonderful, if any air is moving at all on those sweltering days.

As far as working and airflow, the best hats I’ve ever worn have been given to me by my brother.  The army digital camo booney (or is it boonie) hats.  At first he gave me regular hats.  They were awesome.  But then he started sending me his old ones or extras  from on tour.  Had his rank embroidered on it.  I have 2 now that I refuse to wear since I never served.  I have a 1st or 2nd LT one and a Captain one now.  He’s currently a Major.  I told him I loved the hats but refuse to wear it because I never served. And I didn’t fee right “posing” as if I earned it.  He told me if anyone questioned it, to tell them he said to go [BLEEP] themselves. Since he went to Afghanistan to get it.  I still don’t wear them. But do love  the the GI booney hats. They are great to work in

(09-15-2021, 09:16 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I prefer a 'sorry' to someone just crawling over me, my kids, or my stuff to get to something. If you indicate in any way that you need something where I am, I am happy to make room. If you just assume that the store is your personal warehouse, though, you're gonna get all the passive aggression and condescension.

This goes for everything, though, merging in traffic, boarding planes, shopping, whatever. I am happy to extend courtesy when others are being courteous as well. If they want to act selfishly, I will be happy to stoop down to their level of pigheadedness.

Oh I get that.. a sorry is better than getting in my way.. but it makes me shudder as I think people say sorry in order to justify actually getting in my way..

It’s like when someone starts with “no disrespect, but…” then proceeds to disrespect you!

If she had been smoking hot and wearing a halter top, would you still be annoyed?

(09-15-2021, 07:27 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I wear an Australian soaker hat when the sun is overhead and I’m out working or golfing. The air flow is wonderful, if any air is moving at all on those sweltering days.

As far as working and airflow, the best hats I’ve ever worn have been given to me by my brother.  The army digital camo booney (or is it boonie) hats.  At first he gave me regular hats.  They were awesome.  But then he started sending me his old ones or extras  from on tour.  Had his rank embroidered on it.  I have 2 now that I refuse to wear since I never served.  I have a 1st or 2nd LT one and a Captain one now.  He’s currently a Major.  I told him I loved the hats but refuse to wear it because I never served. And I didn’t fee right “posing” as if I earned it.  He told me if anyone questioned it, to tell them he said to go [BLEEP] themselves. Since he went to Afghanistan to get it.  I still don’t wear them. But do love  the the GI booney hats. They are great to work in

As a veteran I can assure you that you only honor him when you wear the covers he bestowed upon you. He wouldn't give them to someone he didn't respect enough to wear them.
Wear them with pride. If asked about them tell the story of your warrior brother.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-17-2021, 12:16 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 07:27 PM)Jags Wrote: As far as working and airflow, the best hats I’ve ever worn have been given to me by my brother.  The army digital camo booney (or is it boonie) hats.  At first he gave me regular hats.  They were awesome.  But then he started sending me his old ones or extras  from on tour.  Had his rank embroidered on it.  I have 2 now that I refuse to wear since I never served.  I have a 1st or 2nd LT one and a Captain one now.  He’s currently a Major.  I told him I loved the hats but refuse to wear it because I never served. And I didn’t fee right “posing” as if I earned it.  He told me if anyone questioned it, to tell them he said to go [BLEEP] themselves. Since he went to Afghanistan to get it.  I still don’t wear them. But do love  the the GI booney hats. They are great to work in

As a veteran I can assure you that you only honor him when you wear the covers he bestowed upon you. He wouldn't give them to someone he didn't respect enough to wear them.
Wear them with pride. If asked about them tell the story of your warrior brother.

He said pretty much the same as you.  But there’s two problems.  I don’t feel ive earned the right to wear it, and I would literally tell someone to go [BLEEP] themselves (with or without the hat).   I do appreciate your input.  I look up to, admire and am thankful for what the vets and what they have done. I don’t really feel worthy of wearing it.  Thank you though for your service.

Amazon orders not coming in on the day guaranteed. I understand there is a labor issue. But don’t guarantee it if you literally “can’t deliver” on your promise. I ordered a bunch of crap over the weekend. About 200 dollars worth of frisbees (trust me, I have a somewhat valid excuse for that, and even then I understood how overboard I went) and a log splitter. The log splitter shows it’s being delivered by 10pm. What lumberjack is (uses a log splitter) lumberjacking off his wood at that unGodly time of night? And 2, it doesn’t even show out for delivery! Damn it man, and two ladies… (maybe 3 if we include the Mikesez confused one) I’ve got my beard grown out and flannel on queue and no log splitter. I was excited about that. I’ve got a few rounds ready to part ways with itself. I was really hoping today was the day I’d do it without manually swinging the maul.

(09-20-2021, 05:44 PM)Jags Wrote: Amazon orders not coming in on the day guaranteed.  I understand there is a labor issue.  But don’t guarantee it if you literally “can’t deliver” on your promise.  I ordered a bunch of crap over the weekend.  About 200 dollars worth of frisbees (trust me, I have a somewhat valid excuse for that, and even then I understood how overboard I went) and a log splitter.  The log splitter shows it’s being delivered by 10pm.  What lumberjack is (uses a log splitter) lumberjacking off his wood at that unGodly time of night? And 2, it doesn’t even show out for delivery!  Damn it man, and two ladies… (maybe 3 if we include the Mikesez confused one) I’ve got my beard grown out and flannel on queue and no log splitter.  I was excited about that. I’ve got a few rounds ready to part ways with itself.  I was really hoping today was the day I’d do it without manually swinging the maul.

Perhaps they didn't realize you have a regular schedule for this activity.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 06:10 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-20-2021, 05:58 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 05:44 PM)Jags Wrote: Amazon orders not coming in on the day guaranteed.  I understand there is a labor issue.  But don’t guarantee it if you literally “can’t deliver” on your promise.  I ordered a bunch of crap over the weekend.  About 200 dollars worth of frisbees (trust me, I have a somewhat valid excuse for that, and even then I understood how overboard I went) and a log splitter.  The log splitter shows it’s being delivered by 10pm.  What lumberjack is (uses a log splitter) lumberjacking off his wood at that unGodly time of night? And 2, it doesn’t even show out for delivery!  Damn it man, and two ladies… (maybe 3 if we include the Mikesez confused one) I’ve got my beard grown out and flannel on queue and no log splitter.  I was excited about that. I’ve got a few rounds ready to part ways with itself.  I was really hoping today was the day I’d do it without manually swinging the maul.

Perhaps they didn't realize you have a regular schedule for this activity.

Well, yeah… when the wife and kid ain’t home!! When else do I get the free time?

Just so we’re clear, it’s a real log splitter, not a fleshlight or anything.  I’ve heard about those contraptions from the interwebs.

(09-16-2021, 03:53 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

If she had been smoking hot and wearing a halter top, would you still be annoyed?

What do you take me for?….. hehehe..

I got to imagine that the FedEx crews are drawing straws to see which unlucky driver is gonna be the one stuck delivering a log splitter instead of a few Blu-Rays. LOL

I just had to ask for a refund after a vendor on their site "shipped" a package to us in early August and it still hadn't arrived. It was just a kids' lunch box, but like farts was I going to wait another month for them to try again with a shipment. Wifey learned a lesson there, always choose the "prime eligible" box when browsing.

(09-21-2021, 09:39 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I got to imagine that the FedEx crews are drawing straws to see which unlucky driver is gonna be the one stuck delivering a log splitter instead of a few Blu-Rays. LOL

I just had to ask for a refund after a vendor on their site "shipped" a package to us in early August and it still hadn't arrived. It was just a kids' lunch box, but like farts was I going to wait another month for them to try again with a shipment. Wifey learned a lesson there, always choose the "prime eligible" box when browsing.

Always go prime!   If not, make sure to read the reviews of the seller.  

I’m with you on the delivery guy.  Once I heard the ring chime in my earbuds, I knew it was delivered today.  I kid you not, I queued up my cameras just to see the unload then bring it up to the door.  I was curious if the weight was why it was held up.  It was a two man job.  Then I asked an employee if I could help him carry a package from my front door to the backyard after work.  You gotta test these kids these days! He said “of course”.  I said, I’ve got a dolly if it’ll help you.