Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(03-07-2022, 08:15 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 07:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote: My wife leaves shoes everywhere.  I counted six pairs in various locations around the house this morning.

I can't imagine the grief I would take if I did something like that.

Do you still have a dog… Ninja
Sounds like he needs a puppy to chew all them damned shoes up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 09:00 PM by Jags. Edited 3 times in total.)

I’ll tell ya what.  May be more than trivial.  I had my alarm company scheduled to come out between 8-12 today.  A week after I needed it fixed. I send the kids off to work.  I get an email my tech is on the way at 730.  Sorry guys, gotta run!  I’m waiting around.  Around 8:30 am the hot sausages I cooked last night kicked in.  I’m mid dump, my dog starts barking.  Oh crap.  Let’s wipe! Doorbell goes off.  Dog is trying to kill him through the door and it’s messy.  More paper!  Doorbell rings again. I can’t have this dude leave.  Pull my britches up sadly, bypass the sink and hit the sanitizer.  To answer the door before he leaves. While he’s here, he decides my whole panel needed to be replaced. I walk away to do a proper hand washing.  Also, he decided he needed to replace the heat/smoke/carbon with a separate smoke and carbon sensor.  Round two is coming and this guy routinely needs me to enter my code in the panel.  He finally asks if he can open the garage overhead door and check that sensor. Yes!!  Let’s just say, I’d be surprised if he didn’t hear be blow out the master bathroom while he was checking.  Then of course, he wants to put the carbon sensor in the master bedroom after I kindly shut the bathroom door and master door to hide the stank.  I had to tell him to hang on a sec so I could spray some Lysol.  Yeah, I’m an [BLEEP] hole.

(03-07-2022, 08:15 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 07:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote: My wife leaves shoes everywhere.  I counted six pairs in various locations around the house this morning.

Do you still have a dog… Ninja

Yes.  Not sure what this is inferring though.  That the dog took the shoes out?  If so, it's a damn smart dog going around the house and putting the shoes neatly together.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-08-2022, 10:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 08:15 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Do you still have a dog… Ninja

Yes.  Not sure what this is inferring though.  That the dog took the shoes out?  If so, it's a damn smart dog going around the house and putting the shoes neatly together.

No silly goose! Let the pup get at one of her shoes, and she won’t leave them laying around everywhere anymore! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-08-2022, 12:15 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 10:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Yes.  Not sure what this is inferring though.  That the dog took the shoes out?  If so, it's a damn smart dog going around the house and putting the shoes neatly together.

No silly goose! Let the pup get at one of her shoes, and she won’t leave them laying around everywhere anymore! Laughing

Doesn't do that.  He prefers pulling stuff out of trash cans if he's getting into something.

(03-08-2022, 12:19 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 12:15 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: No silly goose! Let the pup get at one of her shoes, and she won’t leave them laying around everywhere anymore! Laughing

Doesn't do that.  He prefers pulling stuff out of trash cans if he's getting into something.

Put a dog bone inside of one.   Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Put one from each pair away.  The next time she wants to wear pair, they will be in different locations.  It will drive her crazy!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-08-2022, 12:39 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Put one from each pair away.  The next time she wants to wear pair, they will be in different locations.  It will drive her crazy!
I think he wants to stay married.

(03-08-2022, 12:44 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 12:39 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Put one from each pair away.  The next time she wants to wear pair, they will be in different locations.  It will drive her crazy!
I think he wants to stay married.

Correct, at my age I ain't doing this again.  I've already had one 'trial run'.

(03-07-2022, 08:57 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ll tell ya what.  May be more than trivial.  I had my alarm company scheduled to come out between 8-12 today.  A week after I needed it fixed. I send the kids off to work.  I get an email my tech is on the way at 730.  Sorry guys, gotta run!  I’m waiting around.  Around 8:30 am the hot sausages I cooked last night kicked in.  I’m mid dump, my dog starts barking.  Oh crap.  Let’s wipe! Doorbell goes off.  Dog is trying to kill him through the door and it’s messy.  More paper!  Doorbell rings again. I can’t have this dude leave.  Pull my britches up sadly, bypass the sink and hit the sanitizer.  To answer the door before he leaves. While he’s here, he decides my whole panel needed to be replaced. I walk away to do a proper hand washing.  Also, he decided he needed to replace the heat/smoke/carbon with a separate smoke and carbon sensor.  Round two is coming and this guy routinely needs me to enter my code in the panel.  He finally asks if he can open the garage overhead door and check that sensor. Yes!!  Let’s just say, I’d be surprised if he didn’t hear be blow out the master bathroom while he was checking.  Then of course, he wants to put the carbon sensor in the master bedroom after I kindly shut the bathroom door and master door to hide the stank.  I had to tell him to hang on a sec so I could spray some Lysol.  Yeah, I’m an [BLEEP] hole.

I thought guys didn't care about this sort of thing. The stink and noises.

(03-08-2022, 02:40 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 08:57 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ll tell ya what.  May be more than trivial.  I had my alarm company scheduled to come out between 8-12 today.  A week after I needed it fixed. I send the kids off to work.  I get an email my tech is on the way at 730.  Sorry guys, gotta run!  I’m waiting around.  Around 8:30 am the hot sausages I cooked last night kicked in.  I’m mid dump, my dog starts barking.  Oh crap.  Let’s wipe! Doorbell goes off.  Dog is trying to kill him through the door and it’s messy.  More paper!  Doorbell rings again. I can’t have this dude leave.  Pull my britches up sadly, bypass the sink and hit the sanitizer.  To answer the door before he leaves. While he’s here, he decides my whole panel needed to be replaced. I walk away to do a proper hand washing.  Also, he decided he needed to replace the heat/smoke/carbon with a separate smoke and carbon sensor.  Round two is coming and this guy routinely needs me to enter my code in the panel.  He finally asks if he can open the garage overhead door and check that sensor. Yes!!  Let’s just say, I’d be surprised if he didn’t hear be blow out the master bathroom while he was checking.  Then of course, he wants to put the carbon sensor in the master bedroom after I kindly shut the bathroom door and master door to hide the stank.  I had to tell him to hang on a sec so I could spray some Lysol.  Yeah, I’m an [BLEEP] hole.

I thought guys didn't care about this sort of thing. The stink and noises.

Idk, I like my privacy while doing my duty.  And having a complete stranger in the house (that I should be keeping an eye on) felt like I was at a public restroom.  Which I won’t use those either. It was just…weird.

There's a person who posts on this message board, and their posts are just a meandering set of thoughts, that wind up in some random location. It's like they start typing, with no particular goal, and wherever they wind up, that's where they finish.

I won't say who it is, but I'd bet most people can guess.

(03-12-2022, 08:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: There's a person who posts on this message board, and their posts are just a meandering set of thoughts, that wind up in some random location.  It's like they start typing, with no particular goal, and wherever they wind up, that's where they finish. 

That sounds like that “Jags” guy.   I am guilty of that.

My wife was 'ready' to leave to go out for breakfast at 6:00 this morning, so I went out to the garage to start the truck. Three trips back into the house and ten minutes later we actually departed.

This is not an unusual occurrence.

(03-12-2022, 08:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: There's a person who posts on this message board, and their posts are just a meandering set of thoughts, that wind up in some random location.  It's like they start typing, with no particular goal, and wherever they wind up, that's where they finish. 

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2022, 02:07 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

This trend for self-conscious white people to pronounce the short a as “ah”. I just heard an announcer in basketball call an ally oop an “olly oop”. Really?

Last week some cracked out Alabama peckerwoods with no insurance demolished the rear quarter panel on my daughter's car, which also happens to be on my insurance policy. Just in time to put it in the shop while we all gather later this week down in Orlando for a little family Disney getaway. Since my daughter isn't 25 yet, it's easier for me to get the rental car and let her use my truck while the car is being repaired. So, last week arrangements were made with an Enterprise near my house for a rental pick up around noon. I show up only to be told that they don't have a car available and will call me this afternoon when one is. Since my daughter was already there after catching a ride from across town with her boyfriend, we drove back to my house where I relinquished my truck to her. Talk about insult to injury ($500 deductible for the car repair since cracked out Alabama peckerwoods with no insurance can't pay), my wallet is lighter and I'm without a vehicle. How do I get myself into these situations?

https://youtu.be/7wd_L3ejXIs

(03-12-2022, 02:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This trend for self-conscious white people to pronounce the short a as “ah”. I just heard an announcer in basketball call an ally oop an “olly oop”. Really?

You should ask your Aunt about the actual pronunciation.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Between last Wednesday through Saturday my area got 6.64 inches of rain. We had 6 landscaping jobs lined up this week (one of the last “off weeks” before weekly on the lawns in April). Have more jobs lined up for our last off week. Here it is Tuesday and we finally got last weeks lawns done. Annnnd the rains pop back up in the forecasts. Yay!! All but one is for existing clients. The two smallest jobs I have are asking what day it will be . All the others are happy/content/understanding with the “weather permitting” line along with our plans (the next day, duh) if we can’t due to weather. And no, I don’t ask for half down. So it’s not like they’re worried me running off with a partial payment. It’s always the small jobs or [BLEEP] lawns that are difficult. One lady as I got off the phone, I heard her say to someone “I should have called earlier “. There are still 4 jobs in front of you!!! Look out the freaking window, your oak tree is wearing floaties and is trying to swim away!

(03-15-2022, 04:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 02:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This trend for self-conscious white people to pronounce the short a as “ah”. I just heard an announcer in basketball call an ally oop an “olly oop”. Really?

You should ask your Aunt about the actual pronunciation.

She says alley oop.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.britannica.com%2F21...f=1&nofb=1]