Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

I think Jags is tired of stepping on little turds lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2022, 07:49 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-27-2022, 01:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I think Jags is tired of stepping on little turds lolol

I’m tired of big dogs fed that Alpo crap and the owner not picking up the poo. The mower tires catch it, smushes it in and exfoliates this (only way to describe) high pitched aroma.  

But, this IS NOT what’s happening here boys.  I’m talking about a wild pack of animals.  These aren’t owned yorkies.  Smh.  I thought I spelled it out.  These are feral demon hellhounds running amuck causing mischief and the occasional mayhem.

(10-27-2022, 08:38 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-26-2022, 07:38 PM)Jags Wrote: I need to vent.  There’s been something happening in my neighborhood for the last few weeks and it’s driving us all a bit worried and concerned for public safety.  I have weapons if need be to ward off/dispatch any intruders, but it still brings a bit of unrest to my neighbors and myself that there seems to be a pack of feral Yorkies roaming the town, wreaking havoc, causing mischief and mayhem in their path  and sending utter fear into and up/down our spines.  Just the other day (caught on Ring camera) this pack of wild beasts were seen ripping apart a 12ft inflatable grim reaper.  These animals obviously don’t fear death itself.  Neighbors are all in panic mode.  Some buying “giggly wigglies” in the event they encounter them, in hopes to distract or thwart their evil intentions.  I was mowing a lawn in the hood and one ran upon me chasing me down and trying to bite the deck of the mower.  It was a nimble little [BLEEP] (I think it was a girl).  I have zero turn capability and this satanic beast somehow evaded my intent on mulching it up and doing the neighborhood a solid.  I’m not sure what we’ll do.  We’re all sleeping with one eye open.

I believe Josh Lambo is available if you need help getting rid of a few footballs... Smile

At the very least, if he kicks the Yorkies into your neighbors' yards, no longer your problem, right?

(10-26-2022, 10:05 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I'd recommend extra thick socks.  Ankle length is fine, they can't reach much higher than that.  Sorry about Mrs. Ferguson's pooch, but what useful function do Labradoodles really serve?

....Speed bump/chicane on my morning bike ride to work?

Dingbat went straight for my tires when I was on a downhill clip, Dunno if he caught my foot or my pedal (metal with spiky grips), all I heard was the growly bark, immediately followed by a yipe, and uh, pay attention, dog owner, if you know your dog is a moron.

In related news, I haven't seen dog or owner since then, hopefully they just adjusted their walk schedule, but I'm a lot more cautious now when I get around stupid dogs and their stupid owners.
They got you too!

Brings me to another trivial annoyance.  All the darned cyclists pedaling along major roadways around town.  I call them “blinker butts” since their butt appears to be blinking as we approach in the early morning hours.  But an enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine.  Sounds like you’ve been biking in my hood.  Keep it up.  Assuming (1) of (6) is injured or dead I encourage you to keep it up. I’m glad you made it out unscathed.  Once these damned yorkies are eliminated, I’ll deal with you cyclists.

(10-27-2022, 07:42 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 01:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I think Jags is tired of stepping on little turds lolol

I’m tired of big dogs fed that Alpo crap and the owner not picking up the poo. The mower tires catch it, smushes it in and exfoliates this (only way to describe) high pitched aroma.  

But, this IS NOT what’s happening here boys.  I’m talking about a wild pack of animals.  These aren’t owned yorkies.  Smh.  I thought I spelled it out.  These are feral demon hellhounds running amuck causing mischief and the occasional mayhem.

(10-27-2022, 08:38 AM)Mikey Wrote: I believe Josh Lambo is available if you need help getting rid of a few footballs... Smile

At the very least, if he kicks the Yorkies into your neighbors' yards, no longer your problem, right?

....Speed bump/chicane on my morning bike ride to work?

Dingbat went straight for my tires when I was on a downhill clip, Dunno if he caught my foot or my pedal (metal with spiky grips), all I heard was the growly bark, immediately followed by a yipe, and uh, pay attention, dog owner, if you know your dog is a moron.

In related news, I haven't seen dog or owner since then, hopefully they just adjusted their walk schedule, but I'm a lot more cautious now when I get around stupid dogs and their stupid owners.
They got you too!

Brings me to another trivial annoyance.  All the darned cyclists pedaling along major roadways around town.  I call them “blinker butts” since their butt appears to be blinking as we approach in the early morning hours.  But an enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine.  Sounds like you’ve been biking in my hood.  Keep it up.  Assuming (1) of (6) is injured or dead I encourage you to keep it up. I’m glad you made it out unscathed.  Once these damned yorkies are eliminated, I’ll deal with you cyclists.

Maybe for Christmas, just don't shoot your eye out lolol
[Image: s-l500.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2022, 08:41 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-27-2022, 08:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 07:42 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m tired of big dogs fed that Alpo crap and the owner not picking up the poo. The mower tires catch it, smushes it in and exfoliates this (only way to describe) high pitched aroma.  

They got you too!

Maybe for Christmas, just don't shoot your eye out lolol

Well, I’m not trying to hurt these things.  I’m trying to eradicate them.  And I’ve got plenty in the safe that will more than handle them.  That is, unless I need silver bullets.  Checked TargetSports, Midway, cabellas, you name it.  Can’t find silver bullets in stock for the supernatural anywhere.

Maybe I just need a light as a feather stiff as a board bicycle that cost 10k like Mikey.

(10-27-2022, 08:38 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Maybe for Christmas, just don't shoot your eye out lolol

Well, I’m not trying to hurt these things.  I’m trying to eradicate them.  And I’ve got plenty in the safe that will more than handle them.  That is, unless I need silver bullets.  Checked TargetSports, Midway, cabellas, you name it.  Can’t find silver bullets in stock for the supernatural anywhere.

Maybe I just need a light as a feather stiff as a board bicycle that cost 10k like Mikey.

[Image: 9a9b10d6e8a9afd9d4130378d04a6c8d.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-27-2022, 08:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Maybe for Christmas, just don't shoot your eye out lolol

We passed by a huge Cabellas up in Pennsylvania on our way from Carlisle to Bangor. That place looks MASSIVE.. My cousin went in a few times, said they have a huge restaurant at top of the building and you can order almost any kind of game meat from around the globe. 

I bet one of the better tasting is wild caught yorkie lolol

Ugh, y’all still don’t get it. This is a litter that must have been abandoned, evaded the moccasins and other predatory species, happened their way upon a crossroads, made a deal, now causing chaos in its wake.

Yorkies are cute! That’s manning up right there. They’re adorable. But not when they’re hell sent, possessed, man eating gremlins. Maybe Josh Gates will do an episode of “Expedition Unknown” about it and y’all believe me. These things aren’t cute!

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2022, 08:41 AM by Mikey.)

(10-27-2022, 07:42 PM)Jags Wrote: They got you too!

Oh buddy, Ain't no chance I put the bike on the roadway with these drivers. Still don't understand why people are in a hurry to get to work.

If I had a car, I'd be 10 MPH under the speed limit just to put off the inevitable workday.

(and yeah, my butt blinks, as does my front)

Thinking about getting a train horn installed on the bike for all the people that have no chance of turning at an intersection but insist on stopping in the crosswalks. Or the idiots that don't even look the other way for pedestrian traffic when approaching one-way roads. Dang near been hit a few times because of that, and then they curse at me.

Oh, honey.

I got heavy as a trucker, cheap as a chinese knockoff ol bike. I'm thinking if I take the brakes off, I might be able to shave a pound or so off the weight, those hills are awful to climb first thing in the morning.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2022, 08:47 AM by Mikey.)

(10-27-2022, 08:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:38 PM)Jags Wrote: Well, I’m not trying to hurt these things.  I’m trying to eradicate them.  And I’ve got plenty in the safe that will more than handle them.  That is, unless I need silver bullets.  Checked TargetSports, Midway, cabellas, you name it.  Can’t find silver bullets in stock for the supernatural anywhere.

We passed by a huge Cabellas up in Pennsylvania on our way from Carlisle to Bangor. That place looks MASSIVE.. My cousin went in a few times, said they have a huge restaurant at top of the building and you can order almost any kind of game meat from around the globe. 

I bet one of the better tasting is wild caught yorkie lolol

they probably have the Yorkies processed into frankfurters Wink

(10-27-2022, 09:05 PM)Jags Wrote: Ugh, y’all still don’t get it.  This is a litter that must have been abandoned, evaded the moccasins and other predatory species, happened their way upon a crossroads, made a deal, now causing chaos in its wake. 

Yorkies are cute!  That’s manning up right there.  They’re adorable.  But not when they’re hell sent, possessed, man eating gremlins.  Maybe Josh Gates will do an episode of “Expedition Unknown” about it and y’all believe me. These things aren’t cute!

Sounds like you need some birds of prey in the area, or a bear or cougar to help thin the herd.

Or, just stop feeding the real dogs everyone in the neighborhood have as pets. Yorkies are like chicken nuggets to a Rott

Hey Ronnie, word of advice, use the height and width tags to restrict the life-sized photos. Also, links will do, no need to post that mess around here.

If folks are that genuinely interested, they'll click through.

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2022, 06:34 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-27-2022, 08:23 PM)Ronster Wrote: Spider bites are soooo annoying...

So are Ronster bites.

(10-28-2022, 08:37 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 07:42 PM)Jags Wrote: They got you too!

Oh buddy, Ain't no chance I put the bike on the roadway with these drivers. Still don't understand why people are in a hurry to get to work.

If I had a car, I'd be 10 MPH under the speed limit just to put off the inevitable workday.

(and yeah, my butt blinks, as does my front)

Thinking about getting a train horn installed on the bike for all the people that have no chance of turning at an intersection but insist on stopping in the crosswalks. Or the idiots that don't even look the other way for pedestrian traffic when approaching one-way roads. Dang near been hit a few times because of that, and then they curse at me.

(10-27-2022, 08:38 PM)Jags Wrote: Well, I’m not trying to hurt these things.  I’m trying to eradicate them.  And I’ve got plenty in the safe that will more than handle them.  That is, unless I need silver bullets.  Checked TargetSports, Midway, cabellas, you name it.  Can’t find silver bullets in stock for the supernatural anywhere.

Oh, honey.

I got heavy as a trucker, cheap as a chinese knockoff ol bike. I'm thinking if I take the brakes off, I might be able to shave a pound or so off the weight, those hills are awful to climb first thing in the morning.
Serious suggestion, I’ve seen this done on my coolest(and probably richest clients bike) he mounted truck nuts that lit up just under the seat!!!   Of course, they were blue in color.

Damnit mikey! You replied to so much. Would love for a hawk to come down and swoop at least one of these little possessed Oompa Loompa dogs away.

I like you as a poster, and am sure I’d like you as a person. But I have a BIG dislike to men riding their bicycles in the road with traffic. If you’re not the spandex dude, hit the sidewalk. I see guys on mountain bikes and street clothes in the bike lane. I understand I need to share the road. I also understand that (I personally would never ride my bike on a major roadway) teenage drivers text and drive, adults reach into the back seat to accommodate a little one, or simply aren’t paying attention. Any mishap at the wrong time will end both the bicyclist’s and driver’s life as they know it. These bikers are risking life because “they’re allowed to”. I get the law, I think it’s stupid. Let’s make a whole line of traffic go 20-25 on a road that’s 45 with no bike lane. Drivers aggressively pass in situations they would never had if not for passing a bike. I don’t agree but it’s a safety thing. Maybe they pass you only to hit that curve and head on collide with. another vehicle. I agree with the “late people”. They are afraid of their boss and will cut off, speed, run any light. There’s common ground here. Smile. But I’ve seen my fair share (majority of cyclists) not adhere to the rules of the road that they should. It’s like seeing a bumper sticker that says “watch out for motorcycles” but see one drive down the center line or shoulder to get past a traffic jam.

(10-27-2022, 09:05 PM)Jags Wrote: Ugh, y’all still don’t get it.  This is a litter that must have been abandoned, evaded the moccasins and other predatory species, happened their way upon a crossroads, made a deal, now causing chaos in its wake. 

Yorkies are cute!  That’s manning up right there.  They’re adorable.  But not when they’re hell sent, possessed, man eating gremlins.  Maybe Josh Gates will do an episode of “Expedition Unknown” about it and y’all believe me. These things aren’t cute!

More like a Stephen King movie. "Hounds from Hell" maybe?

Demon dogs terrorizing a suburban neighborhood, gnawing on patio furniture and digging up lawns.  Enter "Jags" the hero who saves the day.[Image: tenor.gif]

(10-28-2022, 06:58 PM)Jags Wrote: Damnit mikey! You replied to so much.  Would love for a hawk to come down and swoop at least one of these little possessed Oompa Loompa dogs away. 

I like you as a poster, and am sure I’d like you as a person.  But I have a BIG dislike to men riding their bicycles in the road with traffic.  If you’re not the spandex dude, hit the sidewalk.  I see guys on mountain bikes and street clothes in the bike lane.  I understand I need to share the road.  I also understand that (I personally would never ride my bike on a major roadway) teenage drivers text and drive, adults reach into the back seat to accommodate a little one, or simply aren’t paying attention.  Any mishap at the wrong time will end both the bicyclist’s and driver’s life as they know it.  These bikers are risking life because “they’re allowed to”.  I get the law, I think it’s stupid. Let’s make a whole line of traffic go 20-25 on a road that’s 45 with no bike lane.  Drivers aggressively pass in situations they would never had if not for passing a bike.  I don’t agree but it’s a safety thing.  Maybe they pass you only to hit that curve and head on collide with. another vehicle.  I agree with the “late people”.  They are afraid of their boss and will cut off, speed, run any light.  There’s common ground here.  Smile.  But I’ve seen my fair share (majority of cyclists) not adhere to the rules of the road that they should.  It’s like seeing a bumper sticker that says “watch out for motorcycles” but see one drive down the center line or shoulder to get past a traffic jam.

It’ll called a sideWALK.  As little as you like it, a bicycle is a vehicle.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 07:32 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-29-2022, 06:22 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-28-2022, 06:58 PM)Jags Wrote: Damnit mikey! You replied to so much.  Would love for a hawk to come down and swoop at least one of these little possessed Oompa Loompa dogs away. 

I like you as a poster, and am sure I’d like you as a person.  But I have a BIG dislike to men riding their bicycles in the road with traffic.  If you’re not the spandex dude, hit the sidewalk.  I see guys on mountain bikes and street clothes in the bike lane.  I understand I need to share the road.  I also understand that (I personally would never ride my bike on a major roadway) teenage drivers text and drive, adults reach into the back seat to accommodate a little one, or simply aren’t paying attention.  Any mishap at the wrong time will end both the bicyclist’s and driver’s life as they know it.  These bikers are risking life because “they’re allowed to”.  I get the law, I think it’s stupid. Let’s make a whole line of traffic go 20-25 on a road that’s 45 with no bike lane.  Drivers aggressively pass in situations they would never had if not for passing a bike.  I don’t agree but it’s a safety thing.  Maybe they pass you only to hit that curve and head on collide with. another vehicle.  I agree with the “late people”.  They are afraid of their boss and will cut off, speed, run any light.  There’s common ground here.  Smile.  But I’ve seen my fair share (majority of cyclists) not adhere to the rules of the road that they should.  It’s like seeing a bumper sticker that says “watch out for motorcycles” but see one drive down the center line or shoulder to get past a traffic jam.

Under law, you’re correct.  Under common sense and not playing in the  street, not correct.  Remember playing in the street and someone would yell “car!”   Why as full [BLEEP] grown adults are they riding their bicycles in the street?  They’re just asking for a teen to run them over.  Makes no sense in my mind.  Lawful or not.  I now assume you rode  a bicycle down 2209 under construction with no bike lane.

I also said “spandex”wearing/street clothed.  Meaning street clothed peeps should be on the walk. But let’s forget that to make me look like the [BLEEP] not on the news for getting ran over by mom trying to feed animal crackers to her brat kid that won’t shut the hell up.   

What the [BLEEP] do I know.  Everyone should play in the streets.  Please do! Makes it easier for the rest of us.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 07:34 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Also, do you drive in your driveway? Or park? Do you park on the parkway? I don’t care what it’s called. People either stay alive and make babies as nature intended or not.

(10-29-2022, 07:33 PM)Jags Wrote: Also, do you drive in your driveway? Or park? Do you park on the parkway? I don’t care what it’s called. People either stay alive and make babies as nature intended or not.

Of course, I drive in the driveway.  How else would I get the car into the garage.  I also drive out the driveway.  Just about as often, as a matter of fact.  

I've done the in and out in both the driveway and the garage.  I can't say for sure if a baby was ever made during any specific driving incident

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 08:29 PM by Jags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(10-29-2022, 08:15 PM)ISneakers Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 07:33 PM)Jags Wrote: Also, do you drive in your driveway? Or park? Do you park on the parkway? I don’t care what it’s called. People either stay alive and make babies as nature intended or not.

Of course, I drive in the driveway.  How else would I get the car into the garage.  I also drive out the driveway.  Just about as often, as a matter of fact.  

I've done the in and out in both the driveway and the garage.  I can't say for sure if a baby was ever made during any specific driving incident

We’re talking semantics here, let’s be honest with ourselves.  

As far as the babies are concerned, I think the key is to put it in park while you’re running out of gas. If you’re not wanting kids, you pull out the driveway and park it in the upper stories of the garage. Each roadway is different with their twists, turns, bumps and such. Gotta feel the road and give it what it needs.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2022, 11:40 AM by Mikey.)

I stay off the main roads, drivers are too loony. Even if there's a bike lane. You're preaching to the choir about bikers adhering to rules too, had one of them spandex guys cross on red, and my first thought was "if you don't play by the rules, how can we expect the behemoths to play by them, too?"

And no, ain't nobody wanna see this frame in spandex. The hills are improving the glutes, though, so maybe in a year or two.  I'll send a photo if I'm a convert Big Grin

(10-29-2022, 10:39 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

More like a Stephen King movie. "Hounds from Hell" maybe?

Demon dogs terrorizing a suburban neighborhood, gnawing on patio furniture and digging up lawns.  Enter "Jags" the hero who saves the day.[Image: tenor.gif]

The Lawnmower man sequel we needed!

(10-29-2022, 06:22 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

The sidewalks here are extra wide and deemed "multi-use"

But, just like cars on the roadway with bikes, bikers on sidewalks must keep their awareness up and defer/accomodate foot traffic. (at least that's how I approach both scenarios)

A car is not a car once it turns into a driveway

(10-31-2022, 11:41 AM)Mikey Wrote:

A car is not a car once it turns into a driveway

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bh8dv72nv11jlelr8o9...y.gif&ct=g]