Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who will start September 10th?
This poll is closed.
Albert/Cann/Shatley/Linder/Parnell
2.04%
2 2.04%
Albert/Omameh/Linder/Cann/Parnell
4.08%
4 4.08%
Albert/Cann/Linder/Robinson/Parnell
6.12%
6 6.12%
Albert/Linder/Shatley/Parnell/Robinson
1.02%
1 1.02%
Robinson/Cann/Linder/Watford/Parnell
24.49%
24 24.49%
Albert/Watford/Linder/Cann/Parnell
3.06%
3 3.06%
Albert/Shatley/Linder/Cann/Parnell
1.02%
1 1.02%
Albert/Robinson/Linder/Cann/Parnell
46.94%
46 46.94%
Albert/Cann/Linder/Omameh/Robinson
11.22%
11 11.22%
Total 98 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Guess The Starting O-Line

Clearly there are many more options than afforded in the poll.
List your best guess if it's not there. 

Happy Dead Zone erruhbody!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How about:

Albert Robinson Bowanko Linder Parnell

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Albert-Robinson-Cann-Linder-Parnell

(06-22-2017, 11:53 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: How about:

Albert Robinson Bowanko Linder Parnell

Very possible.  I didn't put Bow up there on the list because the team seems to favor Shatley over him right now  - and he was originally selected to be a ZBS guy in the Fisch offense.  That may work against him in the Hackett offense that may be more power-run oriented up front. 

Since you brought him up here are the other guys "in the mix" that I did not include:

Luke Bowanko
Chris Reed
Avery Gennesy  (PS Candidate)
Nila Kasitati   (PS candidate)
Jeremiah Poutasi
Demetrious Rhaney
Josh Wells

Slight change as I've moved Omameh over Watford among my OLs. This makes my current OL prediction...
  • LT Albert
  • LG Cann <--I'd love to confirm/debunk that they are moving him from RG to LG
  • C Linder
  • RG Omameh
  • RT Cam
If Parnell beats out Cam, then I'd agree with Oesher's prediction, which is...
  • LT Albert
  • LG Cann
  • C Linder
  • RG Cam
  • RT Parnell

'02

(06-22-2017, 04:28 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Slight change as I've moved Omameh over Watford among my OLs. This makes my current OL prediction...
  • LT Albert
  • C Linder
  • RG Omameh
  • RT Cam
  • LT Albert
  • LG Cann
  • C Linder
  • RG Cam
  • RT Parnell

Oehser is predicting Robinson at LG actually, but he did say "guard" in a couple of his o-zone responses without actually specifying which side.

(06-22-2017, 04:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 04:28 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Slight change as I've moved Omameh over Watford among my OLs. This makes my current OL prediction...
  • LT Albert
  • C Linder
  • RG Omameh
  • RT Cam
  • LT Albert
  • LG Cann
  • C Linder
  • RG Cam
  • RT Parnell

Oehser is predicting Robinson at LG actually, but he did say "guard" in a couple of his o-zone responses without actually specifying which side.

Nope... he spelled it out in one of his Q&As where he had Cann at LG and Cam at RG.

Also, your poll seriously needs some options where Linder is the C and Robinson is the RT. I could even see Parnell sliding inside if he can beat out Omameh. That is...

• LT Albert
  • LG Cann
  • C Linder
  • RG Parnell
  • RT Cam

'02

(06-22-2017, 04:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 04:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oehser is predicting Robinson at LG actually, but he did say "guard" in a couple of his o-zone responses without actually specifying which side.

Nope... he spelled it out in one of his Q&As where he had Cann at LG and Cam at RG.

Also, your poll seriously needs some options where Linder is the C and Robinson is the RT. I could even see Parnell sliding inside if he can beat out Omameh. That is...

• LT Albert
  • LG Cann
  • C Linder
  • RG Parnell
  • RT Cam

I'll have to take your word for it. I remember the opposite being touted right after Albert finally reported. (Cam at LG) 
Either way - I do think Cam plays guard this year unless Parnell or Albert go down. 

I wasn't about to list 20 possible options in the poll. There are just too many possibilities to satisfy everyone's opinion on the line-up. And I'm lazy.

(i added one)

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2017, 11:27 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Well ain't this a lopsided poll. No disrespect. But the only combo that makes sense has Albert and Robinson on left side. If was more choices for middle and other. Maybe have different results.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(06-23-2017, 11:26 AM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: Well ain't this a lopsided poll.   No disrespect.  But the only combo that makes sense has Albert and Robinson on left side.   If was more choices for middle and other. Maybe have different results.

What are some combinations you think should be added.  I clearly stated that there were many unlisted and asked for opinions. Give me your ideas.

Has Cann been looking good in OTAs?

Based on last year's play I'd rather have Omameh or Reed.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2017, 05:43 PM by Jagwired.)

(06-23-2017, 11:26 AM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: Well ain't this a lopsided poll.   No disrespect.  But the only combo that makes sense has Albert and Robinson on left side.   If was more choices for middle and other. Maybe have different results.

If read post, see reason for not many choices. Instructions to list other combinations. You own choices should list. :idea:

I picked second to last option.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(06-23-2017, 05:41 PM)Jagwired Wrote:

If read post, see reason for not many choices. Instructions to list other combinations. You own choices  should list. :idea:

I picked second to last option.

While that is true. It would not count as an actual action. Only a opinion.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(06-23-2017, 11:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

What are some combinations you think should be added.  I clearly stated that there were many unlisted and asked for opinions. Give me your ideas.

It's a bit late, but he's probably getting out how you have four nearly identical OLs with only one of the G's changing name. That is, you have LT Albert, RG or LG Cann, C Linder , RT Parnell ... and then just change the name of the other G including one where you have Shatley at G???? No way Shatley is starting unless he's at C.

What the poll needs, like I sad above, is more options with Linder at C and Robinson at RT. I'm glad you finally added the one option with Omameh at G. The last one I mentioned with Parnell playing RG and Robinson playing RT is a very real possibility. Robinson is a natural LT who may struggle to get low at G but would probalby instantly dominate at RT whereas word is Parnell is getting regularly schooled by Campbell on the edge.

'02

(06-23-2017, 07:03 PM)You Jags02 Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 11:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: What are some combinations you think should be added.  I clearly stated that there were many unlisted and asked for opinions. Give me your ideas.

It's a bit late, but he's probably getting out how you have four nearly identical OLs with only one of the G's changing name. That is, you have LT Albert, RG or LG Cann, C Linder , RT Parnell ... and then just change the name of the other G including one where you have Shatley at G???? No way Shatley is starting unless he's at C.

What the poll needs, like I sad above, is more options with Linder at C and Robinson at RT. I'm glad you finally added the one option with Omameh at G. The last one I mentioned with Parnell playing RG and Robinson playing RT is a very real possibility. Robinson is a natural LT who may struggle to get low at G but would probalby instantly dominate at RT whereas word is Parnell is getting regularly schooled by Campbell on the edge.
Parnell at guard was debunked by Caldwell on local radio weeks ago and Shatley at guard is an option because he started two games at LG in 2016. That makes him a candidate in my eyes even if it's a bit of a long shot.

The choices I listed are not random.

BTW - the rough paraphrase of Caldwell on Parnell was basically:
"There are guys up front that have body types which allow them to be more versatile than others. We like Jeremy's length and size on the outside."
This was during a segment with Mike Dempsey on 1010XL.
Also- when asked about the LG spot specifically prior to OTAs Caldwell rattled off several names that might compete there. Shatley was one of them.

(06-22-2017, 04:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 04:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oehser is predicting Robinson at LG actually, but he did say "guard" in a couple of his o-zone responses without actually specifying which side.

It seems I was definitely wrong about the LG prediction from Oehser.

Here's his latest take FwIW:

Quote:Just doing some quick calculations. With eight offensive linemen on the roster and five positions to fill, there are 6,720 combinations assuming all players can fill in at all positions. By my calculations, there are still 6,700 more times fans can ask who the starting lineup will be. By the way, if we have nine linemen, then the risk combination is 23,490. That should be enough to keep you busy the rest of the dead zone.

John: I have no idea of your calculations are correct, and I don’t care if I ever do know. Assuming you are correct – and I have learned it’s safe to assume all readers are always correct – that is a lot of combinations and I imagine I will get a question about one of them most days between now and late August. That’s when I figure the starting offensive line will be determined. I continue to believe this is the most likely combination of the 6,720: Branden Albert at left tackle, Cam Robinson at one guard, Brandon Linder at center, A.J. Cann at the other guard and Jermey Parnell at right tackle. Multiply it however you like, but that’s the projection that makes the most sense as of late June.

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2017, 04:18 PM by HERO OF THE DAY.)

(06-24-2017, 11:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 04:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Nope... he spelled it out in one of his Q&As where he had Cann at LG and Cam at RG.

It seems I was definitely wrong about the LG prediction from Oehser.

Here's his latest take FwIW:

Quote:Just doing some quick calculations. With eight offensive linemen on the roster and five positions to fill, there are 6,720 combinations assuming all players can fill in at all positions. By my calculations, there are still 6,700 more times fans can ask who the starting lineup will be. By the way, if we have nine linemen, then the risk combination is 23,490. That should be enough to keep you busy the rest of the dead zone.

John: I have no idea of your calculations are correct, and I don’t care if I ever do know. Assuming you are correct – and I have learned it’s safe to assume all readers are always correct – that is a lot of combinations and I imagine I will get a question about one of them most days between now and late August. That’s when I figure the starting offensive line will be determined. I continue to believe this is the most likely combination of the 6,720: Branden Albert at left tackle, Cam Robinson at one guard, Brandon Linder at center, A.J. Cann at the other guard and Jermey Parnell at right tackle. Multiply it however you like, but that’s the projection that makes the most sense as of late June.

I have 

Albert Cann Linder Robinson Parnell

The right side would be so nasty this way..
Albert and Cann are solid options on the left..

Plus Fournette will take advantage of the right side..

Does anyone agree..

Robinson/Linder/Bowanko/Cann/Albert
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(06-25-2017, 03:56 PM)HERO OF THE DAY Wrote: I have 

Albert Cann Linder Robinson Parnell

The right side would be so nasty this way..
Albert and Cann are solid options on the left..

Plus Fournette will take advantage of the right side..

Does anyone agree..

If Cann rebounds a bit from a so-so year in '16 that could be a very good line.

Going with:

LT - Albert
LG - Omameh
C - Linder
RG - Parnell
RT - Robinson
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."