Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WWE

(12-22-2017, 10:40 AM)Brett Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 07:21 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: It was pretty awesome..

We had 3 matches prior to the show starting which were filmed for Main Event.. they included a 3 man tag match with the UK division guys.. plus Matt Hardy v Curt Hawkins which was Curt Hawkins' 118th straight loss.. (or something like that)..

We also had Samoa Joe v Finn Bálor which was the standout match and The Shield v Shamus and Césaro which was decent. All in all, a really good show put on by WWE.

Awesome man, glad you had a good time.  I still find myself going back to YouTube and watching the WWF Attitude era. The year 2000...OMG. Gold. That was my childhood when I was 13 years old.

Have you tried the WWE Network? I have had it for several years now and for $9.99 a month it's worth it to me.  I love being able to go back to watch the earlier PPVs and Raw shows.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-22-2017, 02:38 PM)Scarecrow Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 10:40 AM)Brett Wrote: Awesome man, glad you had a good time.  I still find myself going back to YouTube and watching the WWF Attitude era. The year 2000...OMG. Gold. That was my childhood when I was 13 years old.

Have you tried the WWE Network? I have had it for several years now and for $9.99 a month it's worth it to me.  I love being able to go back to watch the earlier PPVs and Raw shows.

I don't...not really sure I can justify spending the money every month especially now since I'm married. I don't really watch the WWE anymore...I'll watch some highlights from the shows on YouTube but honestly I think it is so bad now days...just my opinion. The promos are not good, the storylines are awful, etc. No offense!

I just love watching the old Attitude era and the cheapest way for me to do it is just watching stuff on YouTube. Man I wish I could go back to 2000 lol.

(12-22-2017, 02:51 PM)Brett Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 02:38 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: Have you tried the WWE Network? I have had it for several years now and for $9.99 a month it's worth it to me.  I love being able to go back to watch the earlier PPVs and Raw shows.

I don't...not really sure I can justify spending the money every month especially now since I'm married. I don't really watch the WWE anymore...I'll watch some highlights from the shows on YouTube but honestly I think it is so bad now days...just my opinion. The promos are not good, the storylines are awful, etc. No offense!

I just love watching the old Attitude era and the cheapest way for me to do it is just watching stuff on YouTube. Man I wish I could go back to 2000 lol.
Agree, I grew up watching wrestling and it sucks now compared to back in the day

(12-22-2017, 07:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 02:51 PM)Brett Wrote: I don't...not really sure I can justify spending the money every month especially now since I'm married. I don't really watch the WWE anymore...I'll watch some highlights from the shows on YouTube but honestly I think it is so bad now days...just my opinion. The promos are not good, the storylines are awful, etc. No offense!

Agree, I grew up watching wrestling and it sucks now compared to back in the day

Glad you agree with me and that I'm not the only one thinking it.

I am a fan of Enzo, really liked him and Big Cass but now he's just ok.

This is a visual representation of what we need to do to the 4 teams left as possible first round opponents of ours in the playoffs. The men in the ring represent the Ravens, Titans, Bills and Chargers.

We are represented in this video by Stone Cold:

(12-23-2017, 04:15 AM)ColoJag Wrote: I am a fan of Enzo, really liked him and Big Cass but now he's just ok.

I liked Enzo too. Not so much for his ring work, but his skills on the mic are fantastic. He entertains me just with a mic in his hand. It's really unfortunate what happened with him though. 

Also, the Royal Rumble was awesome this year. Both Rumble matches were great, though I'm a little disappointed at how the women's one turned out. Totally predictable Asuka was going to win, and then Ronda Rousey finally comes out to steal her spotlight. It got the sports world talking though and that's more $$$ for Vince. lol

(01-30-2018, 02:50 PM)Dark Passenger Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 04:15 AM)ColoJag Wrote: I am a fan of Enzo, really liked him and Big Cass but now he's just ok.

I liked Enzo too. Not so much for his ring work, but his skills on the mic are fantastic. He entertains me just with a mic in his hand. It's really unfortunate what happened with him though. 

Also, the Royal Rumble was awesome this year. Both Rumble matches were great, though I'm a little disappointed at how the women's one turned out. Totally predictable Asuka was going to win, and then Ronda Rousey finally comes out to steal her spotlight. It got the sports world talking though and that's more $$$ for Vince. lol

I thought Enzo was amazing on the mic when it was him and Cass.. towards the end as a solo competitor, it became drawn out and boring.. he seemed to go on and on and on..

I think Rousey stealing Asuka's spotlight was harsh on Asuka, but very very clever by WWE.. potential feud brewing?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

So... WrestleMania, I thought, was very good.. not great, but very good.

NXT TakeOver, however, was excellent.. especially the ladder match.

Here are my thoughts on Mania:

Finn Balor v The Miz v Seth Rollins - Intercontinental Championship Match: Very good opener, 3 decent competitors. The Miz does his best to portray a wimpy guy, but he's actually excellent in the ring when called upon. Rollins and Balor are both excellent, too. I'm a huge Balor fan, but I think Rollins was the rightful winner. He is now a Grand Slam winner and a worthy one. This could have easily been later on the card.

Charlotte v Asuka - SmackDown Women's Championship Match: What a great match this was. 2 incredible athletes.. sad to see Asuka's streak come to an end, but Charlotte really did deserve it. One of the best matches of the night, for me. A really nice and respectful ending, too. As with the previous match, this could have easily been later on the show.

Randy Orton v Bobby Roode v Jinder Mahal v Rusev - United States Championship Match: Personally, I'm more of a RAW guy than SmackDown and this match had a 'thrown together' feel to it. Parts were OK, but by and large, this was a filler match that could have easily slipped onto the pre-show. For me, anyway. I'm not a fan of Jinder Mahal, either, so the outcome all felt a bit 'meh' to me.

Kurt Angle & Ronda Rousey v HHH & Stephanie McMahon: What. A. Match. Rousey was sensational (and a babe). This was my match of the night. Starting with HHH & Angle slugging it out (to what my wife described as 'a couple of dads having a scrap'). They built the suspense with Steph pulling Rousey off the apron a couple of times and Kurt missing a few hot tags.. when Rousey entered the fray she exploded into life and the roof lifted off. I can't speak highly enough of this match or Rousey's performance, this was epic.

The Usos v The Bludgeon Brothers v The New Day - SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match: Again, a bit 'meh' to me. WWE are showing they are, again, leaning toward power and brutality with the outcome of this match. That's literally all I can say about it. Again, this had a feeling of 'filler', to me.

John Cena v The Undertaker - The Most Pointless Match of The Evening: This is, to me, a way of shoehorning John Cena into WrestleMania with no active or interesting storyline on-going. I'm a huge John Cena fan, but if he has no part to play in the event, don't include him, it's that simple. The fact that the match lasted less time than The Undertaker's entrance is laughable. It worries me, ever-so-slightly where this leaves John Cena's legacy. I mean, with his long history of Championships and honours, he looked scared stiff of a guy who's not wrestled in a year (yes all storyline, but still). I get that this was to give Taker 'a last hurrah', but for what? The streak is over, and beating Cena certainly isn't going to reignite a career that dragged on longer than it should have, anyway. This match would have been excellent in 2008, but not in 2018. Pointless.

Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon v Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens - Career Match: This is an odd one for me. I was so excited to hear that Daniel Bryan was cleared to wrestle once again. This match started off promising but wound down to a damp squib. The outcome was predictable. It will be interesting to see what direction they take KO/SZ and also where Daniel Bryan ends up..

Alexa Bliss v Nia Jax - Raw Women's Championship Match: A good solid match, Jax was a worthy winner. I think she'll hold the title for a while until Ronda Rousey is in a position to beat her and have an extensive title run. As for this match? Nothing spectacular and nothing poor.. overall solid and entertaining.

AJ Styles v Shinsuke Nakamura - WWE Championship Match (SmackDown): Overall a decent match, as with the Bliss/Jax match, nothing during the match of note, but nothing too disappointing. Solid enough but interesting that this was the last of the SmackDown matches leaving 2 RAW matches to close the show. I like AJ more than I like Nakamura but the heel turn at the end was interesting and, for me, the highest point of this bout.

Braun Stroman & Nicholas v The Bar - RAW Tag Team Championship Match: What you see is what you get with Braun Strowman. A big brute doing big brute things. Better as a loner than teamed up. So that's seemingly why he teamed up with what appeared to be 'some kid' from the audience. Strowman pummelled both Shamus & Cesaro, tagged Nicholas in to enter the ring and swiftly get back on the apron once again. Rumours surrounded the internet as to whether Nicholas was a 'Make A Wish' kid, which for me would have been justified.. but then it actually came out that he was 'just' the referee's son.. average match, average storyline, obvious outcome.

Roman Reigns v Brock Lesnar - Universal Championship Match (RAW): F5 - near fall, F5 - near fall, F5 - near fall, F5 - near fall, F5 - near fall, F5 - win. Did we expect anything else? Well yes, actually. With Dana White (UFC President) coming out last week with what seemed to be a feax pas and stating that Lesnar would imminently return to UFC, we all thought that he would drop the title and pack his bags. Not the case, unfortunately. 374 days with the belt.. but hardly ever on the live shows. As much as I'm coming round to liking Lesnar, his storyline gets old, quickly. I say this as a huge Roman Reigns fan, though. I genuinely thought that Reigns would have the belt. The way that he entered the arena, I'd guess that he only just found out that he wasn't to win the title minutes before his music hit. Thus causing him to say something to Lesnar for Lesnar to retaliate causing the injuries that Reigns suffered during the match. It certainly seemed 'off script' and all a little odd. Then we find out that Lesnar has re-signed with the WWE. I'm fascinated to see where this storyline goes, especially with another PPV in under 3 weeks.

All-in-all, I felt that this WrestleMania was decent enough, a solid B+ but no more. It missed the cut scenes and promos. It missed the celebrity appearances. It just seemed to me Match-Match-Match-Match. That's not a huge issue, but the promos and appearances are what make WrestleMania so different from ALL of the other WWE PPV's.

Can't wait until Takeover: Chicago. Gargano v. Ciampa in a street fight is going to be nuts.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-17-2018, 02:40 PM)Dimson Wrote: Can't wait until Takeover: Chicago. Gargano v. Ciampa in a street fight is going to be nuts.

NXT really is embarrassing the main roster at this point.

Apart from my girl Ronda, of course.

Will that happens when Vince is not allowed to have any influence on a roster. The right people get over and great matches happen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

(05-18-2018, 02:20 PM)Dimson Wrote: Will that happens when Vince is not allowed to have any influence on a roster. The right people get over and great matches happen.

Oh absolutely, and the fact that the WWE has no real direct competition.. it goes stale.

I still love it, though.

NJPW is gaining momentum and ALL IN proved you don't have to be WWE to sell out arenas.

(05-18-2018, 02:30 PM)Dimson Wrote: NJPW is gaining momentum and ALL IN proved you don't have to be WWE to sell out arenas.

I absolutely agree.. but I mean in terms of mainstream media.

Nothing will ever become as big as the WWE, or not for a while, at least..

When the WWE had WCW to feud with, that's when Wrestling was at it's absolute peak. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening again.

Right now I think everyone is just holding out hope that Vince will croak soon and HHH can finally take over.

(05-18-2018, 02:34 PM)Dimson Wrote: Right now I think everyone is just holding out hope that Vince will croak soon and HHH can finally take over.

Or at least step down.. get rid of Road Dogg, his storylines are terrible..

I think with HHH in charge, we'll see the Women's Division really thrive too..

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2018, 02:54 PM by Dimson.)

(05-18-2018, 02:38 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 02:34 PM)Dimson Wrote: Right now I think everyone is just holding out hope that Vince will croak soon and HHH can finally take over.

Or at least step down.. get rid of Road Dogg, his storylines are terrible..

You mean you didn't like the double nut shot double 10 count finish???

(05-18-2018, 02:51 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 02:38 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Or at least step down.. get rid of Road Dogg, his storylines are terrible..

You mean you didn't like the double nut shot  double 10 count finish???

Haha... oddly, no.... Big Grin

Well, there's a "Myles Jack wasn't down" sign at RAW.