Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So What Positions Will You Scout this fall?

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2017, 08:11 AM by Kane.)

(07-17-2017, 11:45 AM)David4499 Wrote: This team has to find a legitimate QB that doesn't turn the ball over. Bortles is not the answer. I would be ok with Henne starting the season. Bortles has done nothing to prove to me that he deserves to be under center. Play Bortles... go 6-10 if you're lucky... Play Henne... go 8-8.

6-10, 8-8
Same season... so why would you want 8-8 when 6-10 gets the better draft selection?
I'm really beginning to think that your avatar is a selfie.

On topic:
QB, TE, FS/SS are the main 3 positions I'll be keeping my eyes on. Now I wouldn't ignore OL, DL, LB, and WR... these position groups will need some depth additions and some insurance for contracts we just won't be able to resign. But immediate upgrades will be needed for TE, imo. And depending on Bortles, QB.
Also FS/SS if Gipson & Church turns out to be more stop gap signings than star signings.

As for QB, I'm excited to see how Luke Falk takes the next step as a QB. He did really well last year and decided to return for another year in Washington State's Air Raid attack. But that "Air Raid" attack is the knock... They haven't translated well in the NFL. NFL QBs to watch to see if the mold is breaking, Mahomes, Webb, & Goff. And I've always felt that a good QB is a good QB, no matter the system. I think Falk could be the first truly successful Air Raid guy, if Goff and Mahomes aren't.

At TE the pool of talent is smaller unless some star emerges this season.
I like Fumagalli as a 2nd round talent... middle round to late round guy Goolsby from UF (gotten a little better each year as a receiver).
Penn State has a guy who appeared out of nowhere last season and if he can continue his production of 600+ yards 5+ TDs, he could be an interesting target too.

For SS I like Derwin james and Ronnie Harrison. James sophmore season was cut short by injury but by all accounts was on his way to star status. If he can bounce back from a knee injury, watch out. Harrison is just another beast from a beastly program that just reloads on D like nobody else. Is it possible to go wrong when picking an Alabama prospect? Save for some over hyped running backs lol
At FS Whitehead is worth watching, he's actually switching from SS to FS this season because he has that all around skill set... which.. apparently the Jaguars like being able to switch swap their safeties from what I've read.

(06-26-2017, 09:26 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: 1) Given the recent high draft selections of Carson Wentz and Mitch Trubisky, I think I'll be paying more attention to Josh Allen QB Wyoming who will most likely be selected in the top 5 of the QB heavy draft class.

Here's why I don't like Josh Allen
Playing at Wyoming he didn't play against top notch talent. And he still struggled to perform sometimes...
As opposed to being a big fish in a little pond.. he's just a fish... in a pond... in Wyoming...

YPA is very good though, at 8.5
But comp % was under 60
28 TDs is decent, but 15 INTs is Bortles territory.
VS Nebraska it looked like he didn't belong. 1 TD 5 INTs, they got worked.
in 5 contests he threw for less than 200 yards and in 3 contests he threw 0 TDs

Maybe he has a different kind of season this year...but he has Iowa and Oregon in 2 of his first 3 matchups. Ouch.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So What Positions Will You Scout this fall? - by Kane - 07-21-2017, 08:00 AM