Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should we make a run at Kirk Cousins?

Kirk Cousins is quickly becoming one of the better QB's in the NFL with arguably less talent than we have at the receiver position. He will be an UFA at the end of the season and Washington will likely slap him with the franchise tag. That would cost us 2 first round picks and a high salary, but we have the money to spend. It would also mean the QB position would likely be fixed. We wouldn't have to gamble on if Blake turns things around or that we'd have to take a chance on another rookie QB. What are your opinions? Personally, I don't see a better options out there, especially with this weak QB crop in the upcoming draft.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Washington isn't going to let him go.  He'll get a contract this off season before it comes to the point where they need to tag him. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 10:10 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

You can't just go and poach a franchise QB having a great career in another city.

KC does throw a pretty ball though. 2 first round picks for him would be insanity. Heck, 1 first round pick would be crazy.

HELL NO, there is no way I would give up two 1st round picks for him. 

He has been a very good QB but no way does he garner that much value in my opinion.

Plus, most QBs would crumble behind this offensive line anyways.

So what are our options? It sounds to me like you guys are ready to stick with Bortles for another year, because there are no other free agent options who would be significant upgrades and this year's QB class is pretty much garbage.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 11:28 AM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:So what are our options? It sounds to me like you guys are ready to stick with Bortles for another year, because there are no other free agent options who would be significant upgrades and this year's QB class is pretty much garbage.
We don't really have much options.

A.) We stick with Bortles

B.) Gamble on another QB in the draft

C.) Trade for Romo, Cutler, McCarron, Hundley, etc.

D.) Sign a FA QB - Geno, Keenun, Hoyer, etc.

Quote:We don't really have much options.

A.) We stick with Bortles

B.) Gamble on another QB in the draft

C.) Trade for Romo, Cutler, McCarron, Hundley, etc.

D.) Sign a FA QB - Geno, Keenun, Hoyer, etc.

B and D aren't even options for me. I actually think that makes us worse, because of the lack of talent there. Romo and Cutler are out, because Romo is a "delicate flower" and would die behind this O-Line and Cutler is worse than Bortles. McCarron is interesting and the Bengals would probably be willing to part with him since his contract is up soon, but I live outside of Cincinnati and they fully expect to get a 1st rounder and something else for him. That seems too high. I'm not a fan of Hundley either. To me, that leaves option A.

Quote:B and D aren't even options for me. I actually think that makes us worse, because of the lack of talent there. Romo and Cutler are out, because Romo is a "delicate flower" and would die behind this O-Line and Cutler is worse than Bortles. McCarron is interesting and the Bengals would probably be willing to part with him since his contract is up soon, but I live outside of Cincinnati and they fully expect to get a 1st rounder and something else for him. That seems too high. I'm not a fan of Hundley either. To me, that leaves option A.

I pretty much see eye-to-eye with you. I've said before that I'd like to see us go after McCarron. McCarron has one year left on his deal and has said he wants to be a starter so that may take some leverage away from Cinci.

I personally would offer them Brandon Allen and a mid round pick to Cinci for AJ. We should keep building talent all over the team and then let Blake and AJ battle to be our QB going forward. The loser of the battle then walks after next season.

Quote:Kirk Cousins is quickly becoming one of the better QB's in the NFL with arguably less talent than we have at the receiver position. He will be an UFA at the end of the season and Washington will likely slap him with the franchise tag. That would cost us 2 first round picks and a high salary, but we have the money to spend. It would also mean the QB position would likely be fixed. We wouldn't have to gamble on if Blake turns things around or that we'd have to take a chance on another rookie QB. What are your opinions? Personally, I don't see a better options out there, especially with this weak QB crop in the upcoming draft.

I'd love to, but I doubt David Caldwell is ready to give up on Bortles, that's one of the reasons why I'm an advocate for firing David Caldwell but that's story for another day. Cousins is already playing on the franchise tag this year, it would cost the Redskins in insane amount of money to franchise tag him againso I don't see that being an option. Ultimately, they'll try to work out a long term deal, but if it falls through the Jags would be wise to pounce, this is a 10-12 win team with a guy like Cousins on it.

I'd give up two 1st round picks for him. He's 28 years old with a fresh arm.

Oh yeah I'd pull the trigger quick.

Quote:I'd give up two 1st round picks for him. He's 28 years old with a fresh arm.

Oh yeah I'd pull the trigger quick.

I think you could get a better QB for 2 first round picks. Especially where the Jags are picking!

Who?

Quote:Who?

It is all speculation. You could get Romo for way less than that and Romo is a better QB.

Since we are speaking in all speculation, any organization willing to give up 2 first rounders for a QB should fire their GM immediately and just wing it.

Nah, he's got a weak arm and he's not gonna take the Redskins to the Super Bowl.

Yea I'm sure he will leave a playoff team in DC to come play for a perennial loser in Jacksonville.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:It is all speculation. You could get Romo for way less than that and Romo is a better QB.

Romo is so fragile, if you look at him sideways, he goes on I.R. He'd be a waste of money. His body just won't hold up anymore.

Quote:Yea I'm sure he will leave a playoff team in DC to come play for a perennial loser in Jacksonville.
you post like blake bortles plays football

Kirk isnt going anywhere

Quote:you post like blake bortles plays football

You post like bobblehead Gus coaches football.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!