Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should we make a run at Kirk Cousins?

Go get Romo.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why the hell would he leave Washington DC for dumpster fire Jacksonville? Not to mention he's surrounded by talented players, so its not like the move would benefit him. Unless we throw a massive amount of money at him, but he'd probably be the next Osweiler.

Quote:Go get Romo.
What makes you like this idea? I honestly think he'd get here and get blindsided, move to IR and we're out of the money. #BecauseJaguars

Quote:Go get Romo.
he has already said if he gets traded he wants to go to Den

Quote:he has already said if he gets traded he wants to go to Den
He didnt say anything that was just a rumor rapo posted.

Quote:What makes you like this idea? I honestly think he'd get here and get blindsided, move to IR and we're out of the money. #BecauseJaguars

I honestly think Romo would play well here He has the weapons. Hes a good quarterbak.

Quote:I honestly think Romo would play well here He has the weapons. Hes a good quarterbak.
His neck would break if he manages to take a snap behind our crap o-line. No thanks.

Quote:His neck would break if he manages to take a snap behind our crap o-line. No thanks.

Online has pass protected well.

Quote:Online has pass protected well.
LOL.

Quote:We don't really have much options.

A.) We stick with Bortles

B.) Gamble on another QB in the draft

C.) Trade for Romo, Cutler, McCarron, Hundley, etc.

D.) Sign a FA QB - Geno, Keenun, Hoyer, etc.
We have a QB on the roster that could be getting some playing time right now. Allen could be the answer, you just never know until he goes into live action. I want to see him play before the season ends. 

Quote:We have a QB on the roster that could be getting some playing time right now. Allen could be the answer, you just never know until he goes into live action. I want to see him play before the season ends. 

Keep dreaming. I agree with you, but As long as Gus is the head coach, that's not going to happen. 

Washington wont let him go. Teams dont let a QB with that kind of potential go. Even if they did, Im not one for trading a first for anyone that isnt already elite, much less two of them.

I do think this situation is so [BLEEP] that its easy to deal with;

Sign Vet QB from FA

Draft 3-5 rounder QB

Keep Bortles

After that, let them fight it out in camp.

Quote:Washington wont let him go. Teams dont let a QB with that kind of potential go. Even if they did, Im not one for trading a first for anyone that isnt already elite, much less two of them.

I do think this situation is so [BAD WORD REMOVED] that its easy to deal with;

Sign Vet QB from FA

Draft 3-5 rounder QB

Keep Bortles

There isnt going to be a good vet FA qb besides maybe romo. The 3-5th rounder might not even be any good. We didnt hit on a qb with the 3rd overall pick why would we do it 3-5 rounds in. Just because it worked for Dallas doesnt mean everyone can do it now.

Quote:Washington wont let him go. Teams dont let a QB with that kind of potential go. Even if they did, Im not one for trading a first for anyone that isnt already elite, much less two of them.

I do think this situation is so [BAD WORD REMOVED] that its easy to deal with;

Sign Vet QB from FA

Draft 3-5 rounder QB

Keep Bortles

Agree - no reason to over think it.  This is the obvious route.  FA, draft, and Bortles.

If we're staring at the same three QBs again next year... welp...

That wouldn't surprise me with Caldwell.  His QBs are on the roster.  Henne just re-signed for two years.  Bortles his golden pick.  Allen another draft pick.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dave doubles down and didn't change the landscape, though everything is screaming that he should.

That's what he's done with his HC.  Probably going to be just as stubborn at QB.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Matt Moore and Geno are the only interesting FA qbs

Quote:What makes you like this idea? I honestly think he'd get here and get blindsided, move to IR and we're out of the money. #BecauseJaguars

Because then he can say how stupid ownership was for going after an injury prone quarterback, once he gets hurt.

You've got to think ahead.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Matt Moore and Geno are the only interesting FA qbs

Matt Moore is decent, but I can't understand your fascination with Geno Smith. He's garbage. He can't even keep a starting job with the Jets and they're worse off at QB than we are. 

Quote:Matt Moore is decent, but I can't understand your fascination with Geno Smith. He's garbage. He can't even keep a starting job with the Jets and they're worse off at QB than we are.
agreed, its kinda odd

Quote:We don't really have much options.

A.) We stick with Bortles

B.) Gamble on another QB in the draft

C.) Trade for Romo, Cutler, McCarron, Hundley, etc.

D.) Sign a FA QB - Geno, Keenun, Hoyer, etc.

Anything but option A would be the best option. If I had to use process of elimination I would take out A, then take out D, and make a pick between B or C. I think we should go with C and B. Let the QB sit behind one of those guys we could trade for. 

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2016, 11:47 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:Matt Moore is decent, but I can't understand your fascination with Geno Smith. He's garbage. He can't even keep a starting job with the Jets and they're worse off at QB than we are.
Not sure how you got "fascination" from saying Geno is the best option out of a crop of mediocre FAs but ok.

Geno has played two seasons, has never had a decent set of weapons, or a good team for that matter. His last 8 games were the best run of his career so far, and he only lost his job because enampli broke his jaw. Todd Bowles showed a total lack of quarterback evaluation this whole season clamoring for a terrible Ryan fitzpatrick to come back to his team in the offseason and then not benching him during the chiefs game even though it was apparent he was total [BLEEP]. So if youre gonna rely on that guy to make a smart decision regarding starting qbs youre just misguided