Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Should we make a run at Kirk Cousins?

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2016, 11:48 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:agreed, its kinda odd
This is the second time ive mentioned Geno on here so im not sure how this could be seen as odd.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There isnt going to be a good vet FA qb besides maybe romo. The 3-5th rounder might not even be any good. We didnt hit on a qb with the 3rd overall pick why would we do it 3-5 rounds in. Just because it worked for Dallas doesnt mean everyone can do it now.
It's pretty much reality man. Anything can happen, but I can almost guarantee we won't trade for a franchise QB.

Dallas has nothing to do with me wanting a QB in the mid rounds, although you might want to note the irony that Kirk Cousins was a mid round pick himself.

For one, Id rather take BAP than reach for a QB with a top pick in the first round. Secondly, I don't think it would be wise to cut bait with Bortles just yet. Not taking a mid round QB because "he might not even be good" isn't logical. No one is expecting a franchise QB to be available mid rounds, but that doesn't mean you throw out all of the QBs outside of the top prospects.

You take the FAs available to you. What other choice do you have? You can sit back and think of blockbuster trade deals all day, but they're nothing more than a shot in the dark.

All we can do is try to find a QB with the ones available. Bring in competition via the FA and rookie, which will hopefully make Bortles remove his head from his [BLEEP]. If not, use a high pick on a QB the year following.

Mike Glennon should definitely be on the FA radar.

I think people are just dying to see this team actually TRY to get better and not make people think they are doing this on purpose. This is the main catalyst for these "sign Romo, Cousin's" threads.

Quote:I think people are just dying to see this team actually TRY to get better and not make people think they are doing this on purpose. This is the main catalyst for these "sign Romo, Cousin's" threads.

We should land Romo tbh.

The fact that we are talking new QB midseason, tells us all we need to know about this team. We just need an average QB that doesn't have a wind up and doesn't throw pick 6's.

I can't believe after his record breaking year we wound up with this. Incredible.

Quote:Mike Glennon should definitely be on the FA radar.

For sure. He would at least push Bortles for the starting job.

Well Cousins is technically an UFA so he should be fair game if he doesn't sign before the opening.

I'd be happy with him, but I don't think Dave would do it anyway.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I'm glad I benched Blake for Cousins in fantasy though
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Washington will tag Cousin's.

Quote:Washington will tag Cousin's.

They'd have to pay 120% of this year's salary which would be outrageous.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Guy looks really solid.

Great stat line by cousins. Sign him Caldwell by any means necessary

Quote:They'd have to pay 120% of this year's salary which would be outrageous.

Something to the tune of 24 mil. Not too outrageous considering if he signs for what I think he will command on the open market, which should be around 21-23 mill per year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Cousins would easily top 25 mil a year if he were actually allowed to hit the open market, probably pushing 30 mil a year. Easily would be the highest contract in NFL history...at least by AAV.

But yes the Redskins will definitely tag him if they have to, even giving the exclusive tag without much hesitation I believe.

Crazy how much better Cousins is than RGIII.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

The idea of bringing in Romo is just silly.

This team needs a long term solution at QB, not a 37 year old guy with chronic back problems who is one hit away from retirement.

Quote:The idea of bringing in Romo is just silly.

This team needs a long term solution at QB, not a 37 year old guy with chronic back problems who is one hit away from retirement.
The team needs any solution at quarterback it can get because were destroying the development of our players by losing. Theres no downside to romo, if he doesnt get hurt youve got a good qb. If he does well then were exactly where we are already.

A 37 year old chronically injured QB isn't a solution to anything unless your goal is to waste your time and money.

Quote:A 37 year old chronically injured QB isn't a solution to anything unless your goal is to waste your time and money.
Whats the alternative