Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gene Smith vindicated

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-07-2017, 11:12 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap300000...f-all-time

[quote] 
  • [Image: 7-johnny-hekker_pg_600.jpg]
    Rick Scuteri/Associated Press7. Johnny HekkerSt. Louis/Los Angeles Rams, 2012-Present» Voted to three Pro Bowls, First Team All-Pro three times» Has averaged 46.9 yards per punt throughout his career
  • [Image: 6-bryan-anger_pg_600.jpg]
    Rick Scuteri/Associated Press6. Bryan AngerJacksonville Jaguars, 2012-2015; Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2016-Present» Has averaged 46.7 yards per punt throughout his career

Anger is above this guy how again? Hekker averaged .3 more than Anger and has 3 pro bowl and all pro appearances....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(07-07-2017, 11:36 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 11:12 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap300000...f-all-time

Quote: 
  • [Image: 7-johnny-hekker_pg_600.jpg]
    Rick Scuteri/Associated Press7. Johnny HekkerSt. Louis/Los Angeles Rams, 2012-Present» Voted to three Pro Bowls, First Team All-Pro three times» Has averaged 46.9 yards per punt throughout his career
  • [Image: 6-bryan-anger_pg_600.jpg]
    Rick Scuteri/Associated Press6. Bryan AngerJacksonville Jaguars, 2012-2015; Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 2016-Present» Has averaged 46.7 yards per punt throughout his career

Anger is above this guy how again? Hekker averaged .3 more than Anger and has 3 pro bowl and all pro appearances....
Obviously anger must be better, after all he was drafted earlier.

(07-07-2017, 11:36 AM)knarnn Wrote:

I'm not sure you're taking into account the sound the ball makes when leaving Anger's foot.

Anger wouldn't deal and left for the Bucs, so we got the next best guy with the Panthers punter Brad Nortman... but you know what... I really think Nortman is better. Maybe his average isn't quite as high... Anger's carreer average is 46.7 ...Nortman's is 45.5 but with the Jaguars he's averaged 46.6 so mabye it's the heat. ...but from what I've seen at least, Nortman's ball placement is better. Caldwell may have just landed a guy who is both better and cheaper than Anger.
'02

Anger would constantly outkick coverage and couldn't get proper hang time on the ball. He also wasn't nearly as good as Nortman pinning teams near their own endzone. Good riddance

(07-07-2017, 02:14 PM)areed018 Wrote: Anger would constantly outkick coverage and couldn't get proper hang time on the ball. He also wasn't nearly as good as Nortman pinning teams near their own endzone. Good riddance

Maybe during his time here, but Anger was far better last season. Over half of his punts were inside the 20, 17% better than Nortman. His return average was just over 5 yards, 7 yards better than Nortman. His net average was also 3 yards more than Nortman. Nortman last year wasn't far off from Anger's stats while he was here, maybe slightly better. Maybe it'll end up being an anomaly for Anger, but last season was really good for him.

Punters are people too.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(07-07-2017, 01:48 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Anger wouldn't deal and left for the Bucs, so we got the next best guy with the Panthers punter Brad Nortman... but you know what... I really think Nortman is better. Maybe his average isn't quite as high... Anger's carreer average is 46.7 ...Nortman's is 45.5 but with the Jaguars he's averaged 46.6 so mabye it's the heat. ...but from what I've seen at least, Nortman's ball placement is better. Caldwell may have just landed a guy who is both better and cheaper than Anger.

Thing about Anger is that he was perfectly fine punter that caught nothing but crap here because he was drafted in the third round. Even if the team was behind him 100% I don't blame for him for getting away from a toxic environment like that.

(07-07-2017, 06:18 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 01:48 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Anger wouldn't deal and left for the Bucs, so we got the next best guy with the Panthers punter Brad Nortman... but you know what... I really think Nortman is better. Maybe his average isn't quite as high... Anger's carreer average is 46.7 ...Nortman's is 45.5 but with the Jaguars he's averaged 46.6 so mabye it's the heat. ...but from what I've seen at least, Nortman's ball placement is better. Caldwell may have just landed a guy who is both better and cheaper than Anger.

Thing about Anger is that he was perfectly fine punter that caught nothing but crap here because he was drafted in the third round. Even if the team was behind him 100% I don't blame for him for getting away from a toxic environment like that.

I agree. The guy got hammered for something that wasn't even his doing. They drafted him and he showed up and did his job. Why would he want to stay?