Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nintendo Switch

Quote:Pre-ordered the Switch along with Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I'll let you know.

same.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Seems like the perfect gift for my kids

I picked up my Nintendo Switch last night. I haven't gotten a lot of time to play the game I picked up (Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild), so I'll just comment on my initial thoughts about the console / handheld hardware itself. The first thought that came when I opened it is that it is a good looking piece of hardware. The tablet is thin, the screen is big and then when you realize that the entire console is within that thin half inch tablet you are left impressed. The "Joy-Cons" are small and do take some getting used to, but I think that just comes with familiarity. The docking station is neat, and does what it is supposed to do. The quick "switch" between handheld and console mode are impressive. 

I only have three real annoyances and all deal with the Kickstand. First, the kickstand feels flimsy. Secondly, it is difficult to open, though that is probably just a personal issue as anyone with even small fingernails could unlatch it. Finally, the USB-C charging port is located on the bottom of the Switch, so you can't charge the Switch while in "Kickstand" mode. Speaking of the battery, I haven't tested the battery life yet, so I'll fill you guys in when I have more information on that.

I showed it off at work this morning, and everyone was very interested in playing it. There were comments on wanted to get multiple Switches together to connect and play games like Bomberman, Mario Kart, et cetera. It clearly isn't designed to be in competition with the X-Box and PS4, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

Quote:I picked up my Nintendo Switch last night. I haven't gotten a lot of time to play the game I picked up (Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild), so I'll just comment on my initial thoughts about the console / handheld hardware itself. The first thought that came when I opened it is that it is a good looking piece of hardware. The tablet is thin, the screen is big and then when you realize that the entire console is within that thin half inch tablet you are left impressed. The "Joy-Cons" are small and do take some getting used to, but I think that just comes with familiarity. The docking station is neat, and does what it is supposed to do. The quick "switch" between handheld and console mode are impressive. 

I only have three real annoyances and all deal with the Kickstand. First, the kickstand feels flimsy. Secondly, it is difficult to open, though that is probably just a personal issue as anyone with even small fingernails could unlatch it. Finally, the USB-C charging port is located on the bottom of the Switch, so you can't charge the Switch while in "Kickstand" mode. Speaking of the battery, I haven't tested the battery life yet, so I'll fill you guys in when I have more information on that.

I showed it off at work this morning, and everyone was very interested in playing it. There were comments on wanted to get multiple Switches together to connect and play games like Bomberman, Mario Kart, et cetera. It clearly isn't designed to be in competition with the X-Box and PS4, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
sweet so now that you have it can you show us a picture of it with you holding it please? also if you have a WiiU take a picture of the switch tabelt next to Wiiu controller. I'm hopeing to get one either for my birthday or Christmas. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:sweet so now that you have it can you show us a picture of it with you holding it please? also if you have a WiiU take a picture of the switch tabelt next to Wiiu controller. I'm hopeing to get one either for my birthday or Christmas.

....? Do you not believe he has one?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

no its not that,i just really want to see the look of it,and the smile on his face. I would've gotton one to when it first came out but don't have money for it at this time. by seeing someone else happy with it i can be happy for him until i can get mine.  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  

P.S there is a better chance ill get a Switch by the end of this year then Jags makeing the Super Bowl. winning teams are not built that quick.

playing zelda on wiiu its pretty awesome.  Huge world interesting weapon changes.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:sweet so now that you have it can you show us a picture of it with you holding it please? also if you have a WiiU take a picture of the switch tabelt next to Wiiu controller. I'm hopeing to get one either for my birthday or Christmas.

I'm sorry, I am not going to post a picture of it. There are plenty of comparison articles out their showing pictures next to all of the systems imagionable. If you have questions I will be happy to answer, though.

I got around to playing Breath of the Wild last night. It is a beautifully fun game. Haven't gotten far, but it is on pace to being one of my favorite Zelda games, and I have played A LOT of Zelda games.
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

I'll probably buy one eventually. Still waiting for more games to be released on it first. 

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2017, 10:28 PM by realtorpat.)

Breath of the wild is going to be game of the year

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I just entered a contest to win a nintendo switch. it would be awsome if i won.

so here is a question. Why buy a Nintendo Switch,and then turn around,and sale it online? when you do something like that to me it makes you look all you want is the money for it,and could care less about playing the system.  even if your rich it still wouldn't make sense to do that. you can just buy one off ebay or amzon if your rich. I'm just saying. 

Quote:so here is a question. Why buy a Nintendo Switch,and then turn around,and sale it online? when you do something like that to me it makes you look all you want is the money for it,and could care less about playing the system. even if your rich it still wouldn't make sense to do that. you can just buy one off ebay or amzon if your rich. I'm just saying.

You answered your own question. They want money. A lot of people don't care about Nintendo at all. But they know they can pre order it and then make another $100 or more selling it because they're hard to find. People do the same with cell phones, iPads, etc.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I really wanted to get Switch when it came out,but something told me to just wait until Christmas. With it being sold out everywere right now im wondering something. did i make right choice to wait until Christmas? should i have already gotton it? or i was smart to wait because gives them a chance to fix all the major bugs?

So would you say your chances of getting a Switch are about even with the Jaguars win a Super Bowl?  You love making digs at the Jags.

With that said, I'm hoping to get one of for Christmas, if not earlier.  The negatives that DangerousBoy posted are the ones I've seen online, but all in all I think most people are happy with it.  I do hope Nintendo replaces the charging station, if not everyone will have to figure out a fix at home.  You would think they would have thought of that ahead of time.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2017, 03:52 PM by Achilles.)

Quote:I really wanted to get Switch when it came out,but something told me to just wait until Christmas. With it being sold out everywere right now im wondering something. did i make right choice to wait until Christmas? should i have already gotton it? or i was smart to wait because gives them a chance to fix all the major bugs?

there will be more on the shelves of stores in about a month if you really wanna buy one wolfie. mario kart 8 deluxe comes out at the end of april too and i definitely plan on grabbing that. 

right now the only game ive been interested in playing on the switch is breath of the wild. it might not hurt to wait until more games are available. 

there will likely be limited edition designs and different color options as time passes too. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I really wanted to get Switch when it came out,but something told me to just wait until Christmas. With it being sold out everywere right now im wondering something. did i make right choice to wait until Christmas? should i have already gotton it? or i was smart to wait because gives them a chance to fix all the major bugs?

It never hurts to wait. There may be some sales or bundles come holiday season and some the tech issues that currently exist (left joy-con de-syncing) will likely be gone by then.

Quote:So would you say your chances of getting a Switch are about even with the Jaguars win a Super Bowl?  You love making digs at the Jags.

With that said, I'm hoping to get one of for Christmas, if not earlier.  The negatives that DangerousBoy posted are the ones I've seen online, but all in all I think most people are happy with it.  I do hope Nintendo replaces the charging station, if not everyone will have to figure out a fix at home.  You would think they would have thought of that ahead of time.

no i would say my chances of getting a Switch are 100 times better then Jags winning a super bowl this year.  People keep thinking champions are built quickly. they are not it takes time espailley if you have a struggleing qb. I ussalley get what i want for Christmas when i ask. 

I caved and bought one....

I was at Best Buy looking at TVs and decided to check the gaming aisle. No switches there, but I happened to ask an employee if they had any there. Apparently one of the employees had the last one stashed hoping that no one would ask about the stock. Grabbed Zelda and downloaded Splatoon, but I have to head to work soon.

well let me know how it is after you had chance to play it at home,and on the go. Don't be takeing it to work with you,and playing it there.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: