Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gameday Chatroom

Would it be possible to get a chatroom going on here during games?  I think its a fun environment that is more convenient than posting reply to reply (for me anyway).
Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I dig the idea. We will see what can be done!

(07-13-2017, 01:31 PM)Tornadosoul7 Wrote: Would it be possible to get a chatroom going on here during games?  I think its a fun environment that is more convenient than posting reply to reply (for me anyway).

This was one of the ideas that we tossed around when creating this board.  I'll attempt to work on it some more.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-13-2017, 01:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-13-2017, 01:31 PM)Tornadosoul7 Wrote: Would it be possible to get a chatroom going on here during games?  I think its a fun environment that is more convenient than posting reply to reply (for me anyway).

This was one of the ideas that we tossed around when creating this board.  I'll attempt to work on it some more.

Hiya mule..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(07-13-2017, 01:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Sounds good!

Instead of, or including a gameday thread?
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(07-14-2017, 03:01 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Instead of, or including a gameday thread?

As far as threads, that's up to the users.  A chat has been requested and thought about.  I'm still working on a solution.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-14-2017, 04:01 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 03:01 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Instead of, or including a gameday thread?

As far as threads, that's up to the users.  A chat has been requested and thought about.  I'm still working on a solution.

I'm in.. sounds good..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Personally I would hope that the chatroom does not replace the gameday thread. Content posted in the chatroom is gone forever after a few mins, so it's the kind of content that doesn't keep people around.

A monster gameday thread is fun to look back on later.

And hopefully the new boards are fast enough to keep up when everyone goes crazy on gamedays.

(07-15-2017, 12:49 AM)Superuser Wrote: Personally I would hope that the chatroom does not replace the gameday thread. Content posted in the chatroom is gone forever after a few mins, so it's the kind of content that doesn't keep people around.

A monster gameday thread is fun to look back on later.

And hopefully the new boards are fast enough to keep up when everyone goes crazy on gamedays.

Aren't there chat programs that are able to archive sessions?
'02

I am sure there are but I have found that the flow of chat rooms foes not lend itself well to archiving.

This comes from my experience with IRC servers and trying to use them for meeting or just creating archives to look back on to see how issues were solved. 

I will say we are trying out a modification that will live update threads when a new post is created, which will hopefully make things a bit more usable when things get busy around here.

Any chance we can get one going for the first preseason game?

We will have something nifty put together, at least as a test run. Smile

Thumbs Up 

Sweet!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Would love to have a chat for sure. Following the gameday thread was a pain.
My sig goes here!

(08-08-2017, 09:43 AM)Tornadosoul7 Wrote: Any chance we can get one going for the first preseason game?

Still putting one up for tonight?

Not a chat room. More likely a live thread so that it behaves similarly.

I think if you look at Ameliabot's ***Official*** game day thread, that should be how it will work.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Hoping for a chatroom still on gamedays, they definitely provide a different experience than the message board.  I can help find one if needed as well.