Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Game of Thrones Season 7

(08-12-2017, 08:55 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 04:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: Have you read the books? I powered through the first 3 but I've been reading the 4th on and off for the last year almost.   

That'd make alot of sense. Do you think Jon and Damy get it on? I think they will and THEN find out they're related. Seems like something Martin would do. Then again it's not following his writing anymore.

I've read all the books in the series twice.  There are some significant differences between the books and show.  There was a point in the show were I was starting to wonder if Sansa and Jon might end up married once it's discovered they're cousins and not half-siblings.  That would make sense from the point of view of uniting the Targaryen and Stark families.

Incidentally, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Baratheon family was going to be important in the final outcome so expect Gendry to make it back on screen at some point.  In the books, Robert had a number of [BLEEP] that were still around, but Gendry, Edric, and Mya (daughter) all seemed to feature at certain points.

It would be nice for the baratheons to make a come back, Mya is one of my favorites from the books.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-12-2017, 06:21 PM)rollerjag Wrote: If Daenerys Targaryen fought Madison Clark, who would you root for?
Ah man, this made me laugh. Or more like a guffaw. I'd root for Dany. #becausedragons

Curious, how was Bronn able to fire the scorpion at the Dotharki when he opened the curtain of the wagon it was on? The bow was collapsed so how was there tension to fire the arrow?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-13-2017, 07:47 PM)copycat Wrote: Curious, how was Bronn able to fire the scorpion at the Dotharki when he opened the curtain of the wagon it was on?  The bow was collapsed so how was there tension to fire the arrow?

There was some sort of ratchet system on the rig to pull the bow back. I can't remember it exactly but I remember seeing it.

Hell, I'd go north of the wall with that lot.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

So, do we have to rename the Battle Of The Bastards now that we know Jon isn't a bastard? Or can we just leave it since everyone assumed he was when it took place?

Pretty cool to see Gendry and Jon teaming up like their "dad's" used to.

How in the heck do they plan on capturing a single WW without getting into an all out war with the army of the dead?

as a book reader I'm kind of annoyed at a couple things.

The whole way they involve Gendry in the story. So in the books there are three prominent Baratheon bastards Gendry, Edrick, and Mya. So Mya is in the Vale and easily could have been added as a 2-3 episode side character doing the role she has in the books of getting people up to the top of the Vale and back down. Edrick and Gendry have both been combined in the shows.

For non book readers Edrick is a known bastard at storms end and eventually Stannis captures him, does his blood leaching and then Davos smuggles him across the narrow sea for his story to die.

Gendry goes on the same trip with Arya but they get rescued/captured by the brotherhood without banners. Arya escapes/gets kidnapped with the Hound. Gendry ends up knighted by the BWB and rolls with them through the books.

The show did some things to combine those two characters but kind of threw a wrench into the overall character development of Gendry and did some bs nonsense to get him back on the screen that really doesn't make a whole lot of sense the more you think about it.

This also happened with Lady Stoneheart and Arya. As well as Ilyn Payne and Bronn.
Go Jags!

Hmm I think this happens to every show at some point but the way this is all being put together seems so off.

The plan for them to somehow capture one of the army of the dead is so dumb. Do they really think Cersei will care? The risk far outweighs the reward. I think there are way more creative ways you can set all of those guys to meet up. Granted that scene where you see The Hound, Thoros, Thormund, Jon Jorah etc etc all in the same place ready to [BLEEP] [BLEEP] up is pretty cool. For instance you could have had a small advance group of the dead on the way to attack eastwatch, Jon and his crew travel to help fight with the dragon glass. The hound and Thoros get released to help fight too. They end up barely surviving, and one of the army of the dead ends up getting captured in a cage of some kind.

The interplay between Littlefinger and Arya was odd too Better ways you can set up for Arya to read the fake Sansa letter from ages ago. Starting to think that Littlefinger meant for that dagger to go to Arya through giving it Bran. It kind of makes Bran's "chaos is a ladder" reference have double meaning, he uses it to let Littlefinger know he knows what he did but also that it had to happen.

It's still must watch TV because you have so much invested in it but everything from the storytelling, writing and conversation is off about this season. Feels a little like they just want this season out of the way so they can make the last season as epic as can be.

(08-14-2017, 10:28 AM)JackCity Wrote: It's still must watch TV because you have so much invested in it but everything from the storytelling, writing and conversation is off about this season. Feels a little like they just want this season out of the way so they can make the last season as epic as can be.

Probably what annoys me the most is they had plenty of time in seasons 4-6 to slow burn some of these things that feel rushed now
Go Jags!

Not sure why HBO insisted on announcing pulling the plug so soon. Now, it is a race against time and makes the experience somewhat less enjoyable.

How did Jaime manage to strip his armor and swim underwater far enough to where Dany couldn't just fly her dragon 100 feet and cook him?

(08-14-2017, 11:40 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not sure why HBO insisted on announcing pulling the plug so soon. Now, it is a race against time and makes the experience somewhat less enjoyable.

How did Jaime manage to strip his armor and swim underwater far enough to where Dany couldn't just fly her dragon 100 feet and cook him?

My first thought was, "there's thousands of enemies and not one of them notices two guys splashing around?"
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-14-2017, 11:40 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not sure why HBO insisted on announcing pulling the plug so soon. Now, it is a race against time and makes the experience somewhat less enjoyable.

He didn't even strip his armor, and also managed it with a hand made of gold.

[Image: got-1-jamie-alive2.jpg]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017, 03:19 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-14-2017, 02:58 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

He didn't even strip his armor, and also managed it with a hand made of gold.

That is a hell of a 300+ yard swim in full body armor. Not that I would never not watch this show, but the writers have gotten surprisingly sloppy.

(08-14-2017, 03:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 02:58 PM)rollerjag Wrote: He didn't even strip his armor, and also managed it with a hand made of gold.

That is a hell of a 300+ yard swim in full body armor. Not that I would never not watch this show, but the writers have gotten surprisingly sloppy.
haha I hadn't even realized they emerged on the other side of the lake.
Go Jags!

Agree with most of you over how sloppy things have become this season. Seems about 5 times per episode this season, I find myself questioning motives and/or actions.

The capture a wight plan just seems real dumb.

FWIW, regarding Jaime's swim, I have read that the body of water is supposed to be a river.

A lot of the actors are also not going to keep filming these episodes because they wanna move on to bigger and better things (movies).

(08-14-2017, 04:02 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Agree with most of you over how sloppy things have become this season. Seems about 5 times per episode this season, I find myself questioning motives and/or actions.

FWIW, regarding Jaime's swim, I have read that the body of water is supposed to be a river.

I think this is the first season where they are flying completely solo without any source material for inspiration and it shows.  True, Martin apparently gave the show runners the broad strokes of where some of the story lines where headed but the devil's in the details and you can tell the whole thing just feels thinner.

PS: I wonder if that river was supposed to be the Trident?  I can't recall if they said where it was, if so it was nothing like described in the books.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-14-2017, 09:00 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 04:02 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Agree with most of you over how sloppy things have become this season. Seems about 5 times per episode this season, I find myself questioning motives and/or actions.

I think this is the first season where they are flying completely solo without any source material for inspiration and it shows.  True, Martin apparently gave the show runners the broad strokes of where some of the story lines where headed but the devil's in the details and you can tell the whole thing just feels thinner.

PS: I wonder if that river was supposed to be the Trident?  I can't recall if they said where it was, if so it was nothing like described in the books.
Yep, agreed. 

It was Blackwater Rush I believe.