Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If you could change one sporting event in history which would it be?

This was interesting question I saw posed on Twitter so I bring it here and ask you all. What would it be for you all. Of course this being a Jag board I know it will be heavy Jag related but I'm sure there are others you wish had different outcomes.

Mine of course Jag related: Wish music city miracle had never happened. Jags get Bills in AFC title game. Throttle them then beat Rams in Super Bowl.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-19-2017, 06:24 PM)no1jag Wrote: This was interesting question I saw posed on Twitter so I bring it here and ask you all. What would it be for you all. Of course this being a Jag board I know it will be heavy Jag related but I'm sure there are others you wish had different outcomes.

Mine of course Jag related: Wish music city miracle had never happened. Jags get Bills in AFC title game. Throttle them then beat Rams in Super Bowl.

I still don't think our D would have stopped the Greatest Show on Turf in that SB.

I'd probably change their 2nd biggest loss to a win... in JDR and Garrard's final years, the Jaguars visited Seattle and got whooped. I'd change it only because I was at that game, and it would have been so much more awesome if they won. 

'02

(07-19-2017, 07:14 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 06:24 PM)no1jag Wrote: This was interesting question I saw posed on Twitter so I bring it here and ask you all. What would it be for you all. Of course this being a Jag board I know it will be heavy Jag related but I'm sure there are others you wish had different outcomes.

I still don't think our D would have stopped the Greatest Show on Turf in that SB.

I'd probably change their 2nd biggest loss to a win... in JDR and Garrard's final years, the Jaguars visited Seattle and got whooped. I'd change it only because I was at that game, and it would have been so much more awesome if they won. 

the game would have been a shootout.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

I would have changed the MCM as well. Being that I was living in Rochester at the time and most of my childhood friends are Bill's fans, it would have been even more sweet to beat Buffalo to get to the SB.

After that I would change either of the last two Pat's lucky SB wins. God I hate them.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Ray Finkle's missed FG in Super Bowl XIX.

Maybe Northcutt, Jones, and possibly Williams (I don't remember) not dropping those Td passes in the playoffs vs the pats in 08. Idk if we could have beat them even with that, but if we could sneak by them and somehow get to the superbowl I feel like we would have matched up well vs the Giants.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Great question.

1. The Red Sox loss in Game 6 of the 1986 WS to the Mets. My Dad never saw them win a WS and that loss was a crusher.

2. The Pirates loss to the Braves in the 1992 NLCS (Francisco Cabrera game). I had tix to the first 2 WS games in Pittsburgh and the car was running.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

"Sporting Event" ---> 1972 Olympics held in Munich Germany -- Munich Massacre in which the Palestinians held 11 Israeli Olympic team members hostages and killed them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_massacre

2003 NFL Draft -- Jags select Terrell Suggs (instead of Leftwich). This ultimately results in getting Roethlisberger in 2004 and going on to win 2 Super Bowls.

1990 World Cup semi final - if England has won the penalty shoot out I think they would have gone on to beat Argentina in the final.

And a more obscure one - 2008 Championship playoff final. If Bradley Orr hadn't gone off injured, forcing a reorganisation of Bristol City's team we could have gone on to beat Hull City and I would have been able to enjoy a few seasons of watching my team play in the Premier League.

(07-20-2017, 12:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ray Finkle's missed FG in Super Bowl XIX.

Post of the month!
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

The Jags drafting Tom Brady with the 196th pick in the 2000 NFL draft instead of Emanuel Smith. Imagine that!

(07-20-2017, 12:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ray Finkle's missed FG in Super Bowl XIX.

That was all Marino's fault. Now Finkle is Einhorn.

"Laces out", Dan
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

UCLA defeats Dayton in 1967 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Game. Surprised some of you aren't picking UCLA/JU Championship.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 10:05 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(11-02-2017, 12:38 AM)newporttom Wrote: UCLA defeats Dayton in 1967 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Game.  Surprised some of you aren't picking UCLA/JU Championship.

I was 4 years old living in Pittsburgh at that time so I really wasn't paying attention.  I think I was watching Tennessee Tuxedo that night.

My 1st real memories of watching college basketball was with my favorite player Butch Lee and the Marquette Warriors coached by Al McGuire.

... kind of hard to believe JU and Dayton were championship type caliber teams in the past (Dayton is a lot more believable than JU considering Dayton's success in the recent past). I'm still pissed Pitt didn't go after former Dayton Coach, Archie Miller (who was born and raised in Beaver Falls. PA) when we fired Jamie Dixon

Dayton had a lot of success in the 50,60', and 70s. JU's was more of a one time deal when Gilmore was there.

Non handball call against Germany Vs USa in 2002 WC Quarterfinals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg3psAYfOv8
[Image: giphy.gif]

Shoot... I'd go back and give Northcutt and Jones hands so they can make some catches.....

we could have been the ones to upset the Pats on their road to perfection instead of the G-Men.
Not sure if we woulda beat the G-Men.... but that would have been a nice SB to been a part of.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 08:57 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

I understand that, but the Tacks still had to beat the Colts on their way to Jacksonville. We should keep it in perspective.

[quote pid='1005572' dateline='1500507373']
(07-19-2017, 07:14 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I still don't think our D would have stopped the Greatest Show on Turf in that SB.

The game would have been a shootout.
[/quote]

We did not have a "basketball on grass" offense to match The Greatest Show On Turf."

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 09:21 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Anyway, my non-Jaguars pick is Malcom Butler's interception. Pete Carroll was unable to come up with a satisfactory response to the complaints about his decision to throw on the 1. God I hate the Patriots.