Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gary Barnidge to work out for Jags (MERGED)

Was cut by the Browns today, I wonder if we take a look at him to pair with Marcedes?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Would be worth a shot. Especially if we take a guy like Butt and let him heal up a year

Quote:Would be worth a shot. Especially if we take a guy like Butt and let him heal up a year
this would be a perfect scenario for present and future for our TE position.
<p style="text-align:center;">[Image: 0mbt2.jpg]

I just can't with Butt.  The bad jokes would never end.  They would make all the lame ice cream jokes seem genius.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I'm hesitant to sign someone the Browns cut...

Was it a money decision?

Quote:I'm hesitant to sign someone the Browns cut...

Was it a money decision?

Look how the Falcons did with guys the Browns didn't war to resign.

Very doubtful it was a money decision

Man what a great pick announcement by Pearson

Barnidge to possibly visit Jaguars. He was great a couple of season ago. Not much going on last season, but it was the Browns. Any reason why he can't/shouldn't  replace any of the other TE's in our depth chart?

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/0...rs-jaguars

He will be a nice pick up, him and Rivera can compete for that starting pass catching TE

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

40 yard dash times:

Gary Barnidge, 4.61

Neal Sterling, 4.62

Caleb Bluitt, 4.69

Alex Ellis, 4.70

Ben Koyak, 4.76

Mychal Rivera, 4.81

Marcedes Lewis, 4.8...years ago

Barnidge has the speed advantage, and has been a dominant TE on a lesser football team. I think we had a goal of getting a TE in the draft, and it just didn't work out for us. Actually, Cleveland moved up to take our TE just before we did. I like the idea of signing him if possible. 

Yes please.

I didn't realize Barnidge was local (Middleburg)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I would be totally fine with signing him to a short term deal (a couple years). The guy is productive, and has been doing it with much worse than what we have at QB.

Guess this account is the one now? Rip HR86 2010-2017.

I really hope we get this signing.  He's a better pass receiving tight end than anything we have.

I think something is up with him. They cut him, then drafted his replacement. And now he's just sitting pretty, waiting on a phone call.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to bring him in for a visit. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I can't think of a reason not to sign him. We have boatloads of money and he fills a need. Win now, no?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-the...-barnidge/

Pretty interesting how he is a really good pass blocker but poor run blocker

Quote:I think something is up with him. They cut him, then drafted his replacement. And now he's just sitting pretty, waiting on a phone call.
He said he was gonna wait til after the weekend to start back making visits, its just tuesday, he is suppose to visit the Panthers and maybe us. He is not in a rush, mini camp doesnt start until June

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Does anyone know if he actually visited the Jags yet?