Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
McGregor mayweather tour press conferences

These are just becoming embarrassing. This fight has no business of happening. Honestly I would give half a months pay to watch these two brawl in a backyard. But in a boxing ring? No. boxing has become pure [BLEEP] and this is  just feeding the horse [BLEEP] sport.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm actually pretty stoked about this. I used to watch boxing more growing up but have really lost interest. It's been 20 years since I've made any kind of effort to watch one. Especially due to guys like Mayweather. I hate technical boxers and would rather see fighters. Always preferred the Mike Tyson type brawler instead of the Lennox Lewis type technician. And then on the otherside, I've always wanted to like MMA and UFC but never did because it seemed like the majority of fights I would see, the guys would end up rolling around on the ground, one guy would get his arm bent funny, and then he'd tap out. Maybe it was just bad luck but I never saw any great fights and gave up trying.

However this is the first time in a long time I've been interested in seeing either kind of fight. I haven't watched too many of the press conferences so I cant say whether these have started becoming embarrassing or not. I did see a clip of one press conference where McGregor was in Mayweather's face asking him if his brittle hands hurt in the cold. (Mayweather has had a history of hand problems). And then started telling him if this was a real fight, he'd drop in two seconds. Which is obviously true. McGregor would kill him. And it's probably the first time in Mayweather's life that someone has talked this kinda smack to him and he's gotta know it's true. And that's gotta get in his head.

I find myself rooting for McGregor. Boxers like Mayweather really turned me off on the sport. And it's this weird scenario where you know McGregor is the much better fighter, but he is actually the underdog because of the limitations of the rules. And I find myself rooting for underdogs when I have no other real interest.

Mike Tyson kinda ruined boxing for me, its hard to watch it now after seeing him dominate for that period of time.

July 8th was actually a really good fight between Yoel Romero vs. Robert Whittaker. Not a ton of ground stuff. Although if you watch ufc 1-8 you really start to appreciate the Ju Jitzu guys like Gracie.

With all that said I haven't been a big fan of UFC the last few years.

the first minute of the McGreggor Mayweather fight should be pretty fun, beyond that it'll probably just be floyd avoiding and jabbing the rest of the way.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

The promotional tour was awful. Basically 4 days almost back to back of two guys cursing at each other, and then riding with each other on the same private plane to London.

I'm guessing Floyd makes it an awful, boring fight and wins pretty easily, but I do think Conor can give him a go. I see all the boxing announcers/fighters saying Floyd will run away with it, and they better hope he does. If he doesn't, this even further delegitimizes boxing. In all honesty, MMA is becoming more prominent with kids in wrestling/jiu jitsu and boxing is going to continue to decline. If the best pound for pound boxer loses to an mma guy that the boxers continually say has no skill, boxing is dead.

I'd rather eat sand than watch a boxing match. But this one is pure entertainment and has nothing to do with boxing. This is pretty much a WWE event at this point. I do hope Floyd knocks him out though.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2017, 09:42 AM by TravC59.)

(07-22-2017, 01:00 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: These are just becoming embarrassing. This fight has no business of happening. Honestly I would give half a months pay to watch these two brawl in a backyard. But in a boxing ring? No. boxing has become pure [BLEEP] and this is  just feeding the horse [BLEEP] sport.

I am with you. I couldn't agree more.

(07-22-2017, 08:56 PM)realtorpat Wrote: Mike Tyson kinda ruined boxing for me, its hard to watch it now after seeing him dominate for that period of time.

July 8th was actually a really good fight between Yoel Romero vs. Robert Whittaker.  Not a ton of ground stuff.  Although if you watch ufc 1-8 you really start to appreciate the Ju Jitzu guys like Gracie.

With all that said I haven't been a big fan of UFC the last few years.

the first minute of the McGreggor Mayweather fight should be pretty fun, beyond that it'll probably just be floyd avoiding and jabbing the rest of the way.

That's because no one at the time even heard the words jiu-jitsu, let alone defend it.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Both fighters have been embarrassing idiots but this should be a lopsided victory for Mayweather. I wouldn't pay more than 5 bucks to watch this fight.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I like boxing. I like MMA. But this whole thing is just a big money-grab. McGregor has no chance. It's boxing. If it was MMA, Mayweather would have no chance. The whole thing is pointless. Anyone who pays for this is a sucker.

This goes 12 rounds snoozer. Mayweather has no knock out power. He'll dance, do his shoulder roll, connect on a weak jabs and dance out. McGregor will wiff, he'll hug, he'll chase, maybe hit his head on maymeather's head to cut his eye. Boring.

... just another step along the way to Dumbing Down the World.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 06:26 PM by jaglyn.)

I got a kick out of reading this article

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/9/161...g-pictures

Quote:“I said, ‘this guy is just a piece of s**t, I can’t deal with this. His team is a bunch of s**t cheerleaders. They’re not improving, they’re not getting any better. They’re telling him he’s doing good even when they’re not.

“I don’t need to be around these people, it’s not like they brought me in for anything tactical like everybody thought they would. They’re doing the tactical stuff, and all the tactical stuff is, is cheerleading,” he said.

(08-09-2017, 06:25 PM)jaglyn Wrote: I got a kick out of reading this article

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/9/161...g-pictures

Quote:“I said, ‘this guy is just a piece of s**t, I can’t deal with this. His team is a bunch of s**t cheerleaders. They’re not improving, they’re not getting any better. They’re telling him he’s doing good even when they’re not.

“I don’t need to be around these people, it’s not like they brought me in for anything tactical like everybody thought they would. They’re doing the tactical stuff, and all the tactical stuff is, is cheerleading,” he said.

Everything he is saying may be true, but the fact he wont shut up just shows how much he is begging for attention.  We've heard your story, now shut up and fade away.  You've been knocked out 3 of your last 6 fights.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 09:06 AM by The Real Marty.)

Okay, I've been thinking, how can MacGregor win the fight.

And the thought occurs to me, really great technicians who don't punch hard often have a problem with opponents who are unorthodox.

Muhammad Ali vs George Chuvalo or vs Ken Norton. Unorthodox fighters. Ali could easily dominate a conventional opponent, but when he went in there with someone who had a really weird style, and he often had problems.

So, Mayweather can easily dominate a guy like Oscar Delahoya. But I don't know how he will do with someone with a really weird style- a non-boxer like MacGregor.

Really, that's the only chance I see of MacGregor winning. I've seen it happen before.

Also why pros don't tend to spar with ams

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(08-12-2017, 09:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Okay, I've been thinking, how can MacGregor win the fight.  

And the thought occurs to me, really great technicians who don't punch hard often have a problem with opponents who are unorthodox.  

Muhammad Ali vs George Chuvalo or vs Ken Norton.  Unorthodox fighters.   Ali could easily dominate a conventional opponent, but when he went in there with someone who had a really weird style, and he often had problems.  

So, Mayweather can easily dominate a guy like Oscar Delahoya.   But I don't know how he will do with someone with a really weird style- a non-boxer like MacGregor.  

Really, that's the only chance I see of MacGregor winning.   I've seen it happen before.
Not to mention I don't think MacGregor is going to be trying to score points.   I can see him gladly walking into a barrage of fluffy mayweather punches just to throw a few haymakers and Drill him a few times. If he's not stupid, he will understand he has no chance of Out scoreing Mayweather but a ko is a real possibility.

McGregor sparring video ..... OMG lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcHVsZGyZOw

Looks like they have considered using 8 oz gloves. I found it funny that some boxer friends I know were trying to say how this would favor Mayweather. Boxing fans will say whatever they can to try to prop up their fighter even when Mcgregor fans will say their guy is a massive underdog.

Anyone watching this fight tonight?

Thank God, this sham of a fight will be over soon.

Mayweather should easily win.
No Fun