Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
McGregor mayweather tour press conferences

I'm actually pretty stoked about this. I used to watch boxing more growing up but have really lost interest. It's been 20 years since I've made any kind of effort to watch one. Especially due to guys like Mayweather. I hate technical boxers and would rather see fighters. Always preferred the Mike Tyson type brawler instead of the Lennox Lewis type technician. And then on the otherside, I've always wanted to like MMA and UFC but never did because it seemed like the majority of fights I would see, the guys would end up rolling around on the ground, one guy would get his arm bent funny, and then he'd tap out. Maybe it was just bad luck but I never saw any great fights and gave up trying.

However this is the first time in a long time I've been interested in seeing either kind of fight. I haven't watched too many of the press conferences so I cant say whether these have started becoming embarrassing or not. I did see a clip of one press conference where McGregor was in Mayweather's face asking him if his brittle hands hurt in the cold. (Mayweather has had a history of hand problems). And then started telling him if this was a real fight, he'd drop in two seconds. Which is obviously true. McGregor would kill him. And it's probably the first time in Mayweather's life that someone has talked this kinda smack to him and he's gotta know it's true. And that's gotta get in his head.

I find myself rooting for McGregor. Boxers like Mayweather really turned me off on the sport. And it's this weird scenario where you know McGregor is the much better fighter, but he is actually the underdog because of the limitations of the rules. And I find myself rooting for underdogs when I have no other real interest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: McGregor mayweather tour press conferences - by rfc17 - 07-22-2017, 05:36 PM