Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL teams most likely to improve -- and decline -- in 2017

Our Jags number 1 on most likely to improve and the Texans number 2 on the list for teams most likely to decline.  Hopefully he is right.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20199...xpectation

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-01-2017, 08:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Our Jags number 1 on most likely to improve and the Texans number 2 on the list for teams most likely to decline.  Hopefully he is right.

While I definitely see us improving greatly on the defensive side of the football, I think everything depends on how well Bortles does this year and how he will handle the complete instability on the O-Line. We go as far as he takes us. As for the Texans, I definitely see them taking a step backwards. Their O-Line is not very good and they will likely be dealing with a rookie QB by mid season. I thought the Colts would be much improved, but with questions surrounding Andrew Luck's health, they could fall way back if he misses time during the regular season. Right now, Tennessee has an early leg up on the rest of the division. They made some excellent moves in the offseason.

(08-02-2017, 10:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-01-2017, 08:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Our Jags number 1 on most likely to improve and the Texans number 2 on the list for teams most likely to decline.  Hopefully he is right.

While I definitely see us improving greatly on the defensive side of the football, I think everything depends on how well Bortles does this year and how he will handle the complete instability on the O-Line. We go as far as he takes us....

I agree. 

How the line shakes out and whether Bortles actually shows measurable improvement will determine if there is a major change in the W/L column for the Jags. 

Marrone and Hackett alone will mean the Jags pull out two or three more wins than the last staff, but for this team to actually compete for the division at all, noticable improvement will have to come from #5 and the O-Line.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2017, 02:03 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

Nice find. I agree pretty much entirely with his assessment of Bortles, this team and the past couple of seasons. We'll see if the prediction of improvement holds true. I believe we'll see some level of improvement this year, I'm just hoping it shows up in the win column and that we're in contention in December.

Well... when you're expected to be somewhat good and a dark horse pick, and you come out as complete crap...as we did last season.
certainly there's only one way to go.
Tinhorns have been better than they should have been on defense alone for too long. I'd love to see them stumble to 6-10.

Mwahahahahaha

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Shouldn't be too hard for the Jags to improve.

-New Coach
-New Top 5 pick Running Back
-New 2nd Round Left Tackle (could have gone in the 1st)
-Defensive players with extra experience
-Most significant loss probably a Tight End with less than 300 receiving yards last year

We could really use a TE, and probably an upgrade at QB unless Bortles improves. But it'd be pretty hard not to be better than last year. Unless Cam Robinson and Leonard Fournette both bust, Bortles doesn't get back on track, Marrone can't get the job done, and our Defense Coordinator shows gus wasn't the only problem. Which if that happens, then we'll probably be looking at QB's in the first or second round next year. And probably at a new coach within another year.

At the end of the day, those who say it's all on Bortles to determine where this team goes are absolutely right. If we can get him back to being an effective passer with limited mental errors, we should improve significantly. The running game will be better, and the defense is going to be a strength when all is said and done. So, as long as he doesn't do anything to derail the team, the future is bright.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]