Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QBs - I think they carry 2 with Henne gone

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 12:51 PM by FreeAgent01.)

(08-03-2017, 09:54 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Why is Henne considered a game manager and protector of the ball when he actually 58 TDs vs 63 INTs ? During his tenure with the Jags he's thrown 27 TDs and 26 INTs.

Bottom line, Henne doesn't even take risks and he still throws a ton of INTs (vs TDs) for an NFL QB.

For their careers, Henne has thrown interceptions at a 13% higher rate than Blake Bortles. I'm sure he didn't have as many fluky interceptions as Blake had last year either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Marrone saying Henne is #2 goes against everything we know about the two quarterbacks. I'm starting to think it's a smokescreen comment meant to disguise how well Allen is actually doing.
'02

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 02:22 PM by FreeAgent01.)

(08-03-2017, 01:39 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Marrone saying Henne is #2 goes against everything we know about the two quarterbacks. I'm starting to think it's a smokescreen comment meant to disguise how well Allen is actually doing.

Why would they smokescreen that? Allen is some secret weapon that will change game outcomes from the backup quarterback position? If they didn't waive Allen last year to put him on the practice squad, why would they this year? Especially if he is supposedly outplaying Henne.

Tannehill just went down in non contact re-injuring his left knee. Think the dolphins would take Henne back?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(08-03-2017, 09:54 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Why is Henne considered a game manager and protector of the ball when he actually 58 TDs vs 63 INTs ?   During his tenure with the Jags he's thrown 27 TDs and 26 INTs.  

Bottom line, Henne doesn't even take risks and he still throws a ton of INTs (vs TDs) for an NFL QB.

At the risk of sounding like I actually think Henne is a good QB, he's never played with the talent on offense that Bortles has. Listen, I'd love to replace him with someone more talented if we actually had access to someone more talented, but if we did, that person would probably be starting!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I'd take Shaun Hill over Henne.

(08-03-2017, 09:40 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: I'd take Shaun Hill over Henne.

Well, if a lot of Jags fans agree with you, that explains *a lot*.

(08-03-2017, 09:42 PM)hb1148 Wrote:

Well, if a lot of Jags fans agree with you, that explains *a lot*.

I've always liked Hill as a backup QB.

(08-03-2017, 09:34 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 09:54 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Why is Henne considered a game manager and protector of the ball when he actually 58 TDs vs 63 INTs ?   During his tenure with the Jags he's thrown 27 TDs and 26 INTs.  

At the risk of sounding like I actually think Henne is a good QB, he's never played with the talent on offense that Bortles has. Listen, I'd love to replace him with someone more talented if we actually had access to someone more talented, but if we did, that person would probably be starting!

You really should look up the dolphins rosters during his time. Anyone that thinks he didn't have talent around him isn't properly informed.

(08-03-2017, 09:46 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 09:34 PM)hb1148 Wrote: At the risk of sounding like I actually think Henne is a good QB, he's never played with the talent on offense that Bortles has. Listen, I'd love to replace him with someone more talented if we actually had access to someone more talented, but if we did, that person would probably be starting!

You really should look up the dolphins rosters during his time. Anyone that thinks he didn't have talent around him isn't properly informed.

The Jags roster this year and last is so much more talented than the Dolphins rosters in '09 and '10 it's ridiculous. If Henne DID start this year he'd be playing with the most talent around him he's ever had.  Period, paragraph.

That's a no-brainer. Hill is one of the better backups in the league.

(08-03-2017, 10:03 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 09:46 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: You really should look up the dolphins rosters during his time. Anyone that thinks he didn't have talent around him isn't properly informed.

The Jags roster this year and last is so much more talented than the Dolphins rosters in '09 and '10 it's ridiculous. If Henne DID start this year he'd be playing with the most talent around him he's ever had.  Period, paragraph.

Eh, Henne might not be the worst per say but I'd still rather have these guys over him and maybe even Bortles in some cases.. Even as a the 4th (even if it's just for that competition the Jags keep pounding their chests about.)

Colin Kaepernick
Zach Mettenberger
Aaron Murray
Keith Wenning

... all currently available

(08-04-2017, 07:55 AM)TheAll22 Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 10:03 PM)hb1148 Wrote: The Jags roster this year and last is so much more talented than the Dolphins rosters in '09 and '10 it's ridiculous. If Henne DID start this year he'd be playing with the most talent around him he's ever had.  Period, paragraph.

Eh, Henne might not be the worst per say but I'd still rather have these guys over him and maybe even Bortles in some cases.. Even as a the 4th (even if it's just for that competition the Jags keep pounding their chests about.)

Colin Kaepernick
Zach Mettenberger
Aaron Murray
Keith Wenning

No to Kaepernick for all kinds of reasons.  He may be better in terms of pure athletic talent but is he really a guy you want on the bench?

The other guys, meh.  Mettenberger maybe but he's a lot less experienced.  I'm all for replacing Henne if you can get a significant upgrade but if not, what's the point?

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 11:14 AM by Jay Carter 904.)

(08-03-2017, 03:49 PM)knarnn Wrote: Tannehill just went down in non contact re-injuring his left knee. Think the dolphins would take Henne back?

Oh lord yes!! Please!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

(08-04-2017, 09:04 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 07:55 AM)TheAll22 Wrote: Eh, Henne might not be the worst per say but I'd still rather have these guys over him and maybe even Bortles in some cases.. Even as a the 4th (even if it's just for that competition the Jags keep pounding their chests about.)

Colin Kaepernick
Zach Mettenberger
Aaron Murray
Keith Wenning

No to Kaepernick for all kinds of reasons.  He may be better in terms of pure athletic talent but is he really a guy you want on the bench?

The other guys, meh.  Mettenberger maybe but he's a lot less experienced.  I'm all for replacing Henne if you can get a significant upgrade but if not, what's the point?

I say replace Henne at all cost.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

We drafted Allen, so we must have seen something in the kid. Personally, I was a fan of his coming out of Arkansas. I don't understand why we keep handcuffing the kid by sitting him behind Henne. You can't really tell how good he is just by watching him in practice. He needs some game time experience, yet every preseason Henne gets 3/4 of the snaps. Change it up and start Allen in the preseason and let's see what we have. We know Henne's limitations, but we know nothing about Allen. Isn't it time to find out?

(08-04-2017, 12:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We drafted Allen, so we must have seen something in the kid. Personally, I was a fan of his coming out of Arkansas. I don't understand why we keep handcuffing the kid by sitting him behind Henne. You can't really tell how good he is just by watching him in practice. He needs some game time experience, yet every preseason Henne gets 3/4 of the snaps. Change it up and start Allen in the preseason and let's see what we have. We know Henne's limitations, but we know nothing about Allen. Isn't it time to find out?

[Image: applause-o.gif]
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(08-04-2017, 10:42 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 09:04 AM)hb1148 Wrote: No to Kaepernick for all kinds of reasons.  He may be better in terms of pure athletic talent but is he really a guy you want on the bench?

Even if you're not improving the position?  Makes no sense.  Do you have something personal against the guy?

(08-04-2017, 04:33 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 10:42 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:

Even if you're not improving the position?  Makes no sense.  Do you have something personal against the guy?

He doesn't like the cut of Henne's jib.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-04-2017, 12:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We drafted Allen, so we must have seen something in the kid. Personally, I was a fan of his coming out of Arkansas. I don't understand why we keep handcuffing the kid by sitting him behind Henne. You can't really tell how good he is just by watching him in practice. He needs some game time experience, yet every preseason Henne gets 3/4 of the snaps. Change it up and start Allen in the preseason and let's see what we have. We know Henne's limitations, but we know nothing about Allen. Isn't it time to find out?

I wouldn't mind seeing Allen start a game. I keep hearing about great passes he's having in practices, and whenever I do see him throw, he's throwing beautiful passes. I know he had an INT the other day, but so far that's the only one I've heard of. I feel like the coaches know he's better than they're letting on.
'02

I'm afraid that Henne will be a Jag for as long as he wants to be a Jag. He might go if Blake does however.