Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles bashed by Sherman/Jordan (merged)

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2017, 11:19 PM by haveaseat.)

Quote:“Blake Bortles has shown you enough to where you don’t think Kaep would be a solid fit?” Sherman added. “Kaep has won games.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...534922001/

Quote:Jordan on facing Brees: It helps the defense. Its not like we're going against Blake Bortles. Its not like Drew is giving picks away #Saints

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/saint...rew-brees/

Damn.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, the only way to change that is for Blake to get better, or the team has to make a change at QB this off season. I think we all know Blake is less than great, he has terrible mechanics, and decision making is a serious question mark when you are at the top in the turnovers department. He is a turnover machine, nothing they said was necessarily wrong.

Kaepernick sure has alot of handlers. Kaep didn't win crap, it was the cast around him. I mean this dude was benched for Blaine Gabbert...GABBERT! As far as Cam, meh.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

The people who think kaepernick is a good qb are black. Its a black thang.

(08-02-2017, 11:36 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: The people who think kaepernick is a good qb are black.  Its a black thang.

No. 

It's a desperate thing. Don't be a tool and make this a race issue. 
-------------------------

For a less ignorant perspective:

2014-2016 Wins by QB:

Bortles: 11
Kaepernick: 12

If Blake can carry over what he has been doing, he can shut both of these guys up this year.

But if you poop your pants, you're gonna carry the stink around with you for a while. He is what he is until he shows he is something else.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(08-02-2017, 11:36 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: The people who think kaepernick is a good qb are black.  Its a black thang.

More so because he's better than every backup and better than some starting QBs.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 06:32 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

It's not a "black thing", it's not a white thing... There is, however, this massive mass of grey area
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(08-03-2017, 06:18 AM)JackCity Wrote:

More so because he's better than every backup and better than some starting QBs.

If he was that good then he wouldn't be unemployed? Kaep is overrated but ya'll want to act like he's warren moon base on his statistics in garbage time in the last 3 years. lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 12:37 PM by I am Yoda. Edit Reason: spelling )

(08-03-2017, 07:58 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 06:18 AM)JackCity Wrote: More so because he's better than every backup and better than some starting QBs.

If he was that good then he wouldn't be unemployed? Kaep is overrated but ya'll want to act like he's warren moon base on his statistics in garbage time in the last 3 years. lol.

The whole sports media establishment is campaigning for him to be on a roster.  It's just so much virtue-signaling.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot shall we?  Take a mirror opposite case.  A white ginger qb with long hair, beard and copious numbers of confederate flags and "don't tread on me" tattoos starts for a bottom-dwelling NFL team.  In his first two seasons, his team is really good because it's stacked with talent and has a good coach, but mismanagement has left the roster in disrepair. He sits or takes a knee during the national anthem to protest black on white violent crime for several games last season.  He's cut in the off-season and still remains unsigned even though he won 12 games over the last three seasons.  So do the media campaign for him to be on a roster and potentially start on another team, making claims of racism and blackballing if he is not?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

If SF would rather have Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley than Kaepernick, why would anyone else want him?

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 08:51 AM by Jagwired.)

He does not have a job because of the kneeling, period. It's not because he kneeled, it's because he was stupid enough to do it. Nobody wants to employ folks that are that stupid. That was a new level of stupid.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Are men allowed to use the phrase "throwing shade"?
Huh

After reading that, screw Sherman. He makes it about race in the interview. He states " On the field we are adversaries, off the field we are cordial". I guess because of his race that they are cordial?. His three examples are all happen to be white QB's. Hmmmmmm.

I mean really. Out of the thousands of ways that idiot could have put his views on display he chooses to disrespect our flag at the very instance the entire stadium, league, various first responders, military members and entire viewing audience, etc. are honoring it? He has to be some kind of stupid.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-03-2017, 12:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

No. 

2014-2016 Wins by QB:

It's definitely a race thing, that's what Sherman is saying in that whole article.

(08-03-2017, 09:31 AM)Jagwired Wrote: After reading that, screw Sherman. He makes it about race in the interview. He states " On the field we are adversaries, off the field we are cordial". I guess because of his race that they are cordial?. His three examples are all happen to be  white QB's. Hmmmmmm.

I mean really. Out of the thousands of ways that idiot could have put his views on display he chooses to disrespect our flag at the very instance the entire stadium, league, various first responders, military members and entire viewing audience, etc. are honoring it? He has to be some kind of stupid.

And don't forget the pig socks and commie t-shirts. The guy is molten lava to 80% of the NFL base.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-03-2017, 09:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 12:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: No. 

2014-2016 Wins by QB:

It's definitely a race thing, that's what Sherman is saying in that whole article.

Sherman tried to make it a race thing. 'Cause he's a toolbag. 
Same with the poster I responded to earlier in the post you quoted.

But Kap not being hired right now is most assuredly not a race thing. 

There are GMs that won't hire him because his activism rubs them, others in their front office, or a large % of their fanbase the wrong way from a patriotism standpoint. (disrespecting the flag/anthem)

Then there are others that won't hire him because they are convinced he won't do anything to help their football team. 

For many it's both of these. 

There isn't an NFL team out there not hiring someone because he's African-American or has been outspoken about issues affecting the African-American community. 

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  That would immediately eliminate dozens of NFL players that are currently employed and many of them are star players.

Jags QB Blake Bortles gets blindsided by Cam Jordan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...cam-jordan

Saints defensive end Cam Jordan took a jab at Jacksonville quarterback Blake Bortles while explaining how Drew Brees helps the New Orleans defense.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 11:15 AM by Caldrac.)

It's funny because it's hard to argue against anything they've said. Bortles has 11 wins under his belt. His completion percentage is 58%. His turnovers are up there and they're some of the most costly throughout the NFL.

I don't care about Colin's political stance. Doesn't bother me that he exercised his right to peacefully protest. Regardless of how I personally feel about it.

Bottom line. Even if you think he's not better than Bortles. He's certainly better than Henne and Allen. And at this point you may not have to pay him a big one year deal to get him in here since apparently nobody seems to want him. At the very minimum I would kick the tires this pre-season with him, and RGIII. I would have already brought both of them in here to compete with Henne at the minimum.

This team is more than likely going to have a strong ground game and stout defense this year. That's something Colin is familiar with. People like to say his play suffered. Of course it did. The entire team suffered. Tomsula failed. Kelly failed. It's a dysfunctional team being ran by a young and foolish owner.

He's just now figuring it out by locking up Lynch and Shanahan for a five year commitment. But, again, back to our team. 11 wins in the last few years under Bortles. Mistakes after mistakes made. This team can't afford to be picky and choosey at the QB position. And nobody on this board can tell me otherwise or convince me that at the MINIMUM, Colin or RGIII offers some form of upgrade or potential over Henne and Allen at this position.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 11:01 AM by Bullseye.)

(08-02-2017, 11:18 PM)haveaseat Wrote:
Quote:“Blake Bortles has shown you enough to where you don’t think Kaep would be a solid fit?” Sherman added. “Kaep has won games.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...534922001/

Quote:Jordan on facing Brees: It helps the defense. Its not like we're going against Blake Bortles. Its not like Drew is giving picks away #Saints

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/saint...rew-brees/

Damn.

1.  Sherman has a point.  People are dismissing Kaepernick when he actually managed to take a talented team to the Super Bowl.  Alex Smith had the same team and didn't do it.  None of the other free agent QBs on the market did so, either.

2.  Jordan, on the other hand, doesn't have much room to talk.  No, Bortles is NOT Drew Brees.  But Jordan will never be mistaken for Richard Dent. Jordan was invisible that game. The Saints defense hasn't been mistaken for the '85 Bears any time since Jordan has been there.  In fact, when Bortles last played the Saints with Jordan there, he threw for 368 yards, 4 TDs and 2 picks.  Before you mention garbage time, only one of the TDs were thrown in the 4th QTR.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Jordan is an idiot and their defense has been bad ever since they got busted for trying to kill Favre and others.

Sherman is a loud mouth fool. Always has been.

Jordan is just "throwing shade" Sherman is making some political statement.
Hey Sherman... why didn't YOUR team sign him, eh? eh??

Forget these fools.