Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles bashed by Sherman/Jordan (merged)

It's Colin Kaepernick, his career is based on football and sidelined by politics. To not talk about politics here is a bit of a stretch. Same old same old here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have no problem separating the two. He's a decent enough quarterback to be brought to this team. He was 25 - 14 as the starter before York ran off Harbaugh and all the talent either retired, left or aged up.

His last two years were tough but as pointed out earlier. That entire team fell apart. The defense was trash last season.

His completion percentage isn't any worse than Blake's. He's won playoff games. He's been in a Superbowl. He's got a lot of ability with his legs.

At the minimum here if you give him a top ten defense and top ten rushing offense with the players we have on the outside he might actually be a solid game manager.

Since the team seems stronger now around Bortles. It's his job to lose this season. But if he does flounder. As a football fan I would feel better seeing a QB like Kaepernick out there over the likes of Henne and Allen.

And what's this team got to lose by signing him to a one year deal anyway? That money doesn't carry over on the salary cap.

People are chicken [BLEEP] about it. I am not. What if we bring him in and he pulls a Michael Vick like he did for the Eagles?

Take a chance...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Sherman has a point, but he shouldn't be naming names.
Cam is out of line
Current players should not be bashing others.
This should not be tolerated by the fans
Twitter brigade get to work

I haven't read all 3 pages because I read the first page. Don't wanna go there. So I'll go a different route.

Hopefully with the hate and criticism Blake has been getting lately, he'll use it to his advantage and play with a chip on his shoulder. Prove them wrong. Blake isn't stupid. He knows he needs to perform. With the job on the line and haters, he sure has plenty of motivation.

god people really hate Bortles

For fun here are Bortles, Kaep, and Brees stats their first few years in the league.

Kaep 69g 58gs 1011 1692 59.8% 12271yards 72tds 30int
Bortles 46g 45gs 1003 1706 58.8% 11241yards 69tds 51int
Brees 59g 58gs 1125 1809 62.2% 12348yards 80tds 53int

despite 13 less games started he has only 1000-1100 less yards, a similar amount of tds. Now the biggest problem is all his interceptions. It should be noted that both Brees and Kaep had an above average running game for the majority of that time period depicted here.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Statement of the obvious...He just isn't good enough for an owner to alienate a portion of the fan base, which he would do whether people think its right or wrong.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 07:36 AM by Bullseye.)

The more things change... sigh.

Shaking my head in dismay.

Wallbash Rolleyes

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 08:01 AM by TearExtractor.)

I'd love for Kap to come here. 2 year contract(with stipulations if he starts), and a "sthu and play football" clause. Wink

He is easily better than Allen and Henne, and more than likely Bortles too.

I'm not sure why RG3 hasn't at least received a tryout. He's out of job and had a workout for the Chargers not too long ago. He's obviously just looking for a job. Not only that did we bring in any UDFA QB's? It seems as though this year is all about Bortles and they don't want him to feel like anyone is breathing down his neck.

Bortles is terrible and Kaepernick is just as bad.... you don't replace something broken with something broken.
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(08-04-2017, 11:20 AM)David4499 Wrote: Bortles is terrible and Kaepernick is just as bad.... you don't replace something broken with something broken.

Just curious, where does Alex Smith lie on the talent spectrum?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!