Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 Odds (Jags +4.5) o/u 42

Jags @ Texans -> I'm liking the UNDER 42 points  
- parlaying the Falcons -5.5 and under 50.5 @ Bears looks very enticing as well.

Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots (-7, 50)
New York Jets at Buffalo Bills (-6.5, 42)
Atlanta Falcons (-5.5, 50.5) at Chicago Bears
Jacksonville Jaguars at Houston Texans (-4.5, 42)
Philadelphia Eagles at Washington Redskins (-2.5, 48)
Arizona Cardinals at Detroit Lions (-2.5, 49.5)
Oakland Raiders (PK, 53.5) at Tennessee Titans
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Miami Dolphins (-2, 48)
Pittsburgh Steelers (-9.5, 47.5) at Cleveland Browns
Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (-1, 44)
Indianapolis Colts (-3.5, 48) at Los Angeles Rams
Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers (-2.5, 50.5)
Carolina Panthers (-4, 49) at San Francisco 49ers
New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys (-6, 50.5)
New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings (-4, 48)
Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos (-3.5, 44.5)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Holy Cow... why would they set the o/u there?
2 strong defenses with questions at QB position...

42 points??

Bahaha...I'll take the Jags and the under, yessir.
Not even cuz I feel confident in a Jaguars win, but that it'll be a close low scoring game, i.e. 17-14

Seems like a good number considering that they were 45 and 41 last year.

Why are the Cowboys -6 vs the Giants? 

Coughlin virtually always won opening day, but it's been a while. A win week one would be quite the statement game to kick things off.
'02

You have to take into account Bortles pick 6. Maybe even two of them. Go over. Borts might be sacked like 6 times with the combo of JJ/Clown/Merciles leading to strip sack TD as well. I'm thinking tinhorns 38-14.

It's week 2 of training camp.  I wouldn't bet on anything right now.  It's almost a "pick-em" bet as far as the win with the Jaguars slightly favored.  I would lean more towards the under given the Jaguars commitment to the run and the question at the QB position for the Texans.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 03:56 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-03-2017, 01:31 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Seems like a good number considering that they were 45 and 41 last year.

NEW FACTORS

Jags defense should improve dramatically with Campbell, Bouye, M. Jack, and another year of growth from some of our younger players 

Texans have JJ Watt back.

Coughlin & Marrone's emphasis on the ground game.

I'm thinking field goals ......  Houston 16 - Jags 13  (I'm not brave enough to pick the Jags in September yet considering we're 1-13 in the past 4 years in Sept)

(08-03-2017, 03:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's week 2 of training camp.  I wouldn't bet on anything right now.  It's almost a "pick-em" bet as far as the win with the Jaguars slightly favored.  I would lean more towards the under given the Jaguars commitment to the run and the question at the QB position for the Texans.

This is the time to jump on spreads that are solely based on public perception from prior years performance.

Yea 42 points is a lot considering the two QBs being fielded are a rookie and one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the league. this should be a very low scoring game unless we pull a Jaguars and the defense looks like a turd and houston hangs 30+ on us.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(08-03-2017, 03:54 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 01:31 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Seems like a good number considering that they were 45 and 41 last year.

NEW FACTORS

Jags defense should improve dramatically with Campbell, Bouye, M. Jack, and another year of growth from some of our younger players 

I'm thinking field goals ......  Houston 16 - Jags 13  (I'm not brave enough to pick the Jags in September yet considering we're 1-13 in the past 4 years in Sept)

(08-03-2017, 03:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's week 2 of training camp.  I wouldn't bet on anything right now.  It's almost a "pick-em" bet as far as the win with the Jaguars slightly favored.  I would lean more towards the under given the Jaguars commitment to the run and the question at the QB position for the Texans.

This is the time to jump on spreads that are solely based on public perception from prior years performance.

I am willing to take the over on 29 points if you're willing to take the under. =)

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 04:13 PM by Nurasyl.)

I don't think it will be a high scoring affair, we're going to run the ball and control that clock. I look forward to deshawn, 30 interceptions in 2 years, Watson meet Jalen Ramsey and AJ Bouye. If we can control the clock and limit Bortles opportunities to give the game away, we will win this game. Pass Rush + Elite Corners + rookie qb = Fumbles and Interceptions.

Jaguars win 17-14 on a last minute Jason Myers FG.
Fournette- 140 yards on 27 carries and a score.

The bet to take is to find a prop bet for Bortles PICK 6.

(08-03-2017, 03:54 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

NEW FACTORS

I wouldn't jump on a 4.5 spread after 1 week of training camp.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-03-2017, 12:56 PM)Kane Wrote: Holy Cow... why would they set the o/u there?

42 points??

Not even cuz I feel confident in a Jaguars win, but that it'll be a close low scoring game, i.e. 17-14

Last year: 
Week 9: 45 Points
Week 16: 41 Points

I honestly can't get a read on how good or how bad the 2017 Jaguars will be. Ask me in a month
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 06:59 PM by leopold332002.)

(08-03-2017, 04:39 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: The bet to take is to find a prop bet for Bortles PICK 6.

i would say something mean but i don't want to get a warning so i'll pass on it.

(08-03-2017, 04:12 PM)Nurasyl Wrote: I don't think it will be a high scoring affair, we're going to run the ball and control that clock. I look forward to deshawn, 30 interceptions in 2 years, Watson meet Jalen Ramsey and AJ Bouye. If we can control the clock and limit Bortles opportunities to give the game away, we will win this game. Pass Rush + Elite Corners + rookie qb = Fumbles and Interceptions.  

Jaguars win 17-14 on a last minute Jason Myers FG.
Fournette- 140 yards on 27 carries and a score.

What game has he given away for us as a franchise and if anyone say this statement base on him making turnovers then that's a false narrative because i know plenty of qb's that have turnovers and still won in this league. Are we saying the same thing about Phillip Rivers who had more turnovers in the last 3 years than blake? Shocking right but true or do we say this about Jamesis Winston who has 32 turnovers in 2 years or andrew luck and Matthew Stafford who are turnover qb as well? My point is this is a team game and other players need to do their part instead of putting and blaming everything on blake because he's just one man.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Actually, I would say that River's interceptions last year did give away a few games. I catch SD games where I am, he tossed 4 interceptions in the 4th quarter against the Dolphins, so yeah--I do blame him for giving the game away. There is concern about Winston's picks too but he is improving, Bortles has declined.

Sure it is a team sport and other things contribute to losses but our poor QB play and turnovers is the prime reason we haven't been winning, to try and pass off that blame onto the rest of the team is Gus Bradley thinking. Too many times our defense was put in terrible positions because of his turnovers. His mechanics and decision making are indefensible.

(08-04-2017, 12:39 AM)Nurasyl Wrote: Actually, I would say that River's interceptions last year did give away a few games. I catch SD games where I am, he tossed 4 interceptions in the 4th quarter against the Dolphins, so yeah--I do blame him for giving the game away. There is concern about Winston's picks too but he is improving, Bortles has declined.  

Sure it is a team sport and other things contribute to losses but our poor QB play and turnovers is the prime reason we haven't been winning, to try and pass off that blame onto the rest of the team is Gus Bradley thinking. Too many times our defense was put in terrible positions because of his turnovers. His mechanics and decision making are indefensible.
Let's also add that punt returns and lack of running game put the defense in a bad position at times because it made the office overall very predictable. There's no such thing as good turnovers at all turnovers are bad but my point is if the defense can create turnovers as well it will put the offense in better field position instead of trying to manufacturing offense down the field throughout the game. The team was bad overall not just him but he's the scapegoat based on not meeting others expectations last year.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 10:26 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-03-2017, 05:13 PM)TheAll22 Wrote:

42 points??

Last year: 

Last Year
No JJ Watt
No Calais Campbell

Both defenses should be improved in week 1

(08-03-2017, 04:04 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 03:54 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: NEW FACTORS

I am willing to take the over on 29 points if you're willing to take the under. =)

LOL ... i'm not that confident in my very low scoring prediction --ha !!

(08-03-2017, 05:13 PM)TheAll22 Wrote:

42 points??

Last year: 

I don't judge this year by last... but hey... you place your bets where you want.
Smile

People keep mentioning JJ Watt coming back as something that will make a huge difference. This is a defensive lineman who is getting blocked by 300 pounders, coming off of two back surgeries in one year. Could definitely be wrong, but I just can't see how this is the 'old' JJ Watt. Guess we'll see.

That said...under is still the smart play.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]