Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colin Kaepernick

(08-11-2017, 09:47 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 09:27 AM)Kane Wrote: I have long stated he's not good enough to warrant being a starter and he is good enough to be a backup, but no one wants to have a back up with that sort of drama/baggage.

Why does he deserve a starting gig? Someone should just hand this guy one of 32 spots because he used to be good with Jim Harbaugh? As soon as talent around him depleted so did his skills.
He was nothing more than a tool Jim used. Once the shininess of it wore off (like the wildcat) Kaep was done as an NFL starter.

Time tested skillful QBs who have careers longer than 3-4 years and are worthy of starting gigs, can read a defense, and make a play from the pocket.
Not this one read run crap.
I honestly believe Gabbert and Kaep are probably on the same level at this point in their careers... Back ups.

Gabbert just has no drama... so he gets a job.
The NFL also has a couple teams who seemingly have back ups good enough to maybe be starters or will be future starters... (Jimmy G, AJ McCarron, Matt Moore, Mahomes behind Smith, Kizer behind whoever in Cleveland, etc)
There's no room for Kaep, his skill level isn't good enough to raise him above 30+ QBs...
he's done...

Now... eventually, some team is gonna give him one more shot, I believe... an injury or something is going to happen.
And he'll RGme it all over the place.
He's proven he's good enough to be a starter. 

Well I can see you don't actually know what you're talking about now. First off, yeah Kap is very good at running , that's true. But he's also actually able to go through his reads and progressions if necessary. Not a an elite level but good enough. Chip Kelly's running game is fairly unique but passing wise he runs a straight up west coast scheme. You have to make reads, progressions etc etc in order to run it. Same with Romans offense. 

It's always smart to run RPOs with Kap to make use of his legs and get some easy plays but he's shown he can make reads and progressions in NFL type schemes. Most of all he takes care of the football and turns it over at a very low rate. That's skill that tons of QBs struggle with that Kap is elite at.  He played well this past year despite have zero around him.

So no he can actually play the position of QB and do so in an NFL offense. You can see that if you watched him, which you haven't because you apparently think that he's just a one-read QB..when objectively speaking he has shown he can make more than one read on any given play and do so decently.

I'm not even going to get into it with the whole I don't know what I'm talking about...

If he was good enough, he'd have a job.
Period.

He had some good years but those are a few seasons back. His flash in the pan is over.
Stop drooling over a slightly more successful Johnny Football...

He rode a stellar D and the read option to a couple losing efforts (NFC championship, and SB)
Once the newness wore off and Jim left, he was done. He wasn't that good of a pocket passer QB before and he never got better. He wasn't good under Tomsula or Kelly...

People point to the 11 starts he had like they were special. They were average... anyone want an average starting QB with baggage? Anyone?? Anyone... no? Oh.. got plenty of average NFL starting QBs as is... and most of them don't bring a circus with them.

Keep banging that drum though... eventually you'll get your wish to see Kaep suck again
Smile

I just hope the Jaguars aren't dumb enough to bring him here and waste the time and effort.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-11-2017, 12:23 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 09:47 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's proven he's good enough to be a starter. 

Well I can see you don't actually know what you're talking about now. First off, yeah Kap is very good at running , that's true. But he's also actually able to go through his reads and progressions if necessary. Not a an elite level but good enough. Chip Kelly's running game is fairly unique but passing wise he runs a straight up west coast scheme. You have to make reads, progressions etc etc in order to run it. Same with Romans offense. 

It's always smart to run RPOs with Kap to make use of his legs and get some easy plays but he's shown he can make reads and progressions in NFL type schemes. Most of all he takes care of the football and turns it over at a very low rate. That's skill that tons of QBs struggle with that Kap is elite at.  He played well this past year despite have zero around him.

So no he can actually play the position of QB and do so in an NFL offense. You can see that if you watched him, which you haven't because you apparently think that he's just a one-read QB..when objectively speaking he has shown he can make more than one read on any given play and do so decently.

I'm not even going to get into it with the whole I don't know what I'm talking about...

If he was good enough, he'd have a job.
Period.

He had some good years but those are a few seasons back. His flash in the pan is over.
Stop drooling over a slightly more successful Johnny Football...

He rode a stellar D and the read option to a couple losing efforts (NFC championship, and SB)
Once the newness wore off and Jim left, he was done. He wasn't that good of a pocket passer QB before and he never got better. He wasn't good under Tomsula or Kelly...

People point to the 11 starts he had like they were special. They were average... anyone want an average starting QB with baggage? Anyone?? Anyone... no? Oh.. got plenty of average NFL starting QBs as is... and most of them don't bring a circus with them.

Keep banging that drum though... eventually you'll get your wish to see Kaep suck again
Smile

I just hope the Jaguars aren't dumb enough to bring him here and waste the time and effort.

"Time tested skillful QBs who have careers longer than 3-4 years and are worthy of starting gigs, can read a defense, and make a play from the pocket.

Not this one read run crap."  

But he's shown he can read a defense , make plays from the pocket and go through more than one progression. Chip Kelly runs a fairly standard West coast scheme in the passing game with many of the checks, reads and progressions you see around the league.   

Would be a huge surprise if he came here with the military presence and all. I think Khan's aware of that. 
If he came here we'd be a playoff team this year. Only a lineman or two and a competent QB away from competing for it.

Let's start the Marshawn Lynch bashing..... right?

(08-13-2017, 07:16 AM)Frailbones Wrote: Let's start the Marshawn Lynch bashing..... right?

Poor Jack, a good team that now has to deal with a [BLEEP] distraction.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Beast Mode has been replaced by whiny SJW Mode.

(08-08-2017, 05:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: bJ1t2KK.jpg]

Any of you guys gonna' start hatin' on Ramsey now too?

Spike misspelled his last name.  LMAO.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(08-10-2017, 03:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 10:29 PM)Vino Wrote: I wanted to point out these two posts because they show a clear dismissal and disregard of black issues in America. "oppressed or whatever". lol ok dude. I'm not sure if one single black person has posted in this thread so far (other than me now), doesn't seem like it. Regardless, if you can't see the conflict black people in this country could have with reciting our anthem and praising our flag then you are just as ignorant as some of you are trying to paint Kaepernick as on social issues. Since you mentioned it, what exactly does our flag stand for? For white people whose families immigrated from Europe and fought to secede from the oppression (or whatever) of the British Empire and its king, sure it stands for freedom and justice. But for minorities, specifically blacks and Native Americans, it is a direct refusal to acknowledge and dismissal of past events to expect us to look at it that way. I have struggled all my life and even now with being black and still being expected to have true love and respect for a flag (by certain white people) that for all intents and purposes 1) my ancestors never chose to have to be in a situation to be under, 2) represents a country that directly enslaved and then oppressed and then locked us up on a massive level, and then 3) many people force emphatically in your face to love it or get out because all they give a crap about is their perspective. Even if we did want to get out, not many of us can afford to do so in the first place because of years of, again, oppression and not having any type of wealth or land to build off of to begin with. 

There is a fundamental difference between blacks and whites when it comes to praising our flag and upholding the anthem that a lot of white people either don't understand or don't want to understand, or just don't respect enough to give a damn if they do in the first place, for whatever reason. Ancestors of whites CHOSE to be in this country, by and large. My ancestors did not, and were treated like pieces of property, and later generations were treated like second class citizens. And with my great grandmother being a Native American, the other part of my ancestry had its land taken away from it by people bearing this flag. Where is the freedom and justice in that? Our flag is not perfect and nor has this country represented freedom and justice for its entire history, and still doesn't to this day. Live in your fairy tale lands if you want to. The lives black people have had to live over the course of this country's history does not lead to our young ones  growing up "patriotic" and "American" in the sense some of you use here. Don't blame us, blame the circumstances that brought us here. I wouldn't go so far to say we have no reason to feel patriotic or American but I feel pretty close to that. This country historically hasn't loved us and it still doesn't. But instead of having a constructive dialogue to fix that, a lot of white people say "f'em". K. So you're going to have people like Kaepernick who show the level of respect he feels he gets from white America.

I'm not arguing whether or not Kaepernick took his stance in a dumb way, perhaps he did, I wasn't in the same situation to judge. Taking a stance that would piss off half the people you were trying to talk to isn't constructive, but maybe he perceived that as the only way to get some people to even pay attention to the issue and maybe he's right. All that is hearsay. My issue is with the flagrant "[BLEEP]" attitude a lot of you seem to have when it comes to black issues in general, as if there is no merit to them. Specifically jagibelieve.  

As for the pig socks, that's how a lot of black people feel about dirty cops who abuse their power instead of protect people, as well as whites. The police in this country are supposed to be peacekeepers and protect the people in their communities, not be some sort of pseudo-para military that is able to act as judge, jury, and executioners and get away with it. Imo police shouldn't even have guns in the first place. Again, I'm not defending the concept of wearing the socks themselves, but I don't agree with how people in this country ignore the fact that police brutality happens, and it happens a lot in poor neighborhoods and ghettos, which happens to be where the majority of blacks in this country live. For example, when all that crap was going down last year, at the RNC, Trump and other Republicans chose to ram the hammer for "protecting our cops" and made absolutely no mention whatsoever of why there was violence against cops in the first place, like it didn't matter. 

I don't like SJWs, overly PC people, and all that either, but flat out ignoring the issues that 40 million people in this country have to deal with is not a good way of going about things either.

Oh boo... hoo...  spare me your [BLEEP] story about history.

Seriously.  You know nothing about me or my ancestors who happen to be non-white and lived in this country long before the Revolutionary War.  You know nothing about how my ancestor's villages and ranches were plundered during the Civil War and afterwards and how women were routinely raped.  You know nothing about how my mother got slapped by school teachers/administrators because she dared speak in her native tongue.  I could go on and on, but it doesn't really matter because it has nothing to do with so-called "black issues".

The only "black issues" that some, not all black people have today is that they are failures regarding family and society.  Does racism exist in today's society?  No question about it, yes it does.  However, why not use that as a strength rather than a crutch?  There are many examples of black people becoming successful even when society was worse regarding race issues (1950 - 1970 time frame).  Ben Carson and Condoleeza Rice immediately come to mind, especially Dr. Carson.  Another that comes to mind is Herman Cain.  However, because they happen to be conservative regarding their politics they are often labeled as "Uncle Tom".

This country is great and always has been.  Has it always been perfect?  Absolutely not.  To dwell on the mistakes made in the history of our country in 2017 and use it as an excuse is nothing more than a cop-out.  EVERYONE that is a United States citizen has the same opportunity no matter their race, skin color, sex, etc.

One of the big problems in today's society is political correctness and people afraid to actually speak their minds.  I'm not afraid to do so.  I think that a lot of the "black issues" in today's society are self-inflicted.  What ever happened to personal responsibility and hard work?  What ever happened to the traditional family?  Why are there so many single parent homes today, both black and white?
Every person in this country has equal means to succeed...ANYONE can get student loans and go on to college to be anything they choose to be...Wanna be a DR? Ok you can be as long as you graduate from high school and can pass the classes and required testing, you can be one...Same for a lawyer, an architect, an engineer, mechanic, and there are even trade schools that offer blue collar jobs such as welder, (pay is very good) heating and air, carpenter, electrician (even has an apprentice training)...The education is there for everyone...

My point is that anyone and everyone has the exact same resources at their disposal to have a good career and a nice life...Every one, no matter their race or where their ancestors came from, or what was happening 200 hundred years ago, has the resources the same things...

If one chooses to not graduate from high school and go on to a higher learning facility, they can still succeed...Many people have good good careers without college...But one thing is for damm sure, if you drop out of high school and live the "street life" it's by choice, not fate, not circumstance, not because of what happened 200 years ago, it's all about choices one made...

(08-14-2017, 02:50 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 03:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Oh boo... hoo...  spare me your [BLEEP] story about history.

Seriously.  You know nothing about me or my ancestors who happen to be non-white and lived in this country long before the Revolutionary War.  You know nothing about how my ancestor's villages and ranches were plundered during the Civil War and afterwards and how women were routinely raped.  You know nothing about how my mother got slapped by school teachers/administrators because she dared speak in her native tongue.  I could go on and on, but it doesn't really matter because it has nothing to do with so-called "black issues".

The only "black issues" that some, not all black people have today is that they are failures regarding family and society.  Does racism exist in today's society?  No question about it, yes it does.  However, why not use that as a strength rather than a crutch?  There are many examples of black people becoming successful even when society was worse regarding race issues (1950 - 1970 time frame).  Ben Carson and Condoleeza Rice immediately come to mind, especially Dr. Carson.  Another that comes to mind is Herman Cain.  However, because they happen to be conservative regarding their politics they are often labeled as "Uncle Tom".

This country is great and always has been.  Has it always been perfect?  Absolutely not.  To dwell on the mistakes made in the history of our country in 2017 and use it as an excuse is nothing more than a cop-out.  EVERYONE that is a United States citizen has the same opportunity no matter their race, skin color, sex, etc.

One of the big problems in today's society is political correctness and people afraid to actually speak their minds.  I'm not afraid to do so.  I think that a lot of the "black issues" in today's society are self-inflicted.  What ever happened to personal responsibility and hard work?  What ever happened to the traditional family?  Why are there so many single parent homes today, both black and white?
Every person in this country has equal means to succeed...ANYONE can get student loans and go on to college to be anything they choose to be...Wanna be a DR? Ok you can be as long as you graduate from high school and can pass the classes and required testing, you can be one...Same for a lawyer, an architect, an engineer, mechanic, and there are even trade schools that offer blue collar jobs such as welder, (pay is very good) heating and air, carpenter, electrician (even has an apprentice training)...The education is there for everyone...

My point is that anyone and everyone has the exact same resources at their disposal to have a good career and a nice life...Every one, no matter their race or where their ancestors came from, or what was happening 200 hundred years ago, has the resources the same things...

If one chooses to not graduate from high school and go on to a higher learning facility, they can still succeed...Many people have good good careers without college...But one thing is for damm sure, if you drop out of high school and live the "street life" it's by choice, not fate, not circumstance, not because of what happened 200 years ago, it's all about choices one made...

Correction, as long as most people accept White Supremacy they can succeed, because that is what it's all about. As long as they want to do that "dance" for the man, they will be accepted and can succeed.

Because Colin is college educated and look at what has happened to him because he dared challenge White Supremacy?

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2017, 11:05 AM by Mandeezee. Edit Reason: clear )

"I usually mostly agree with what you have to say, but I must comment on the two paragraphs that I highlighted in red in your quote.

The first part of your quote.
I personally did have a problem with not only him kneeling, but also sitting during our national anthem. I personally served a bit over 9 years of my life defending his right to do so. I think that his reason(s) for doing so are misguided and wrong. However, like many of the thousands (or millions) that actually protected his right to be a pompous [BLEEP], I would never take that right away from him. Call me a hypocrite if you want, but that Flag and that Anthem means something to me. This might sound kind of "goofy" to some people, but if I'm watching an NFL game, a NASCAR race, etc. in my home, we do go silent and stand during the Anthem.

The second paragraph from your quote.
I can (somewhat) agree with you on this. Now the Anthem has always been played along with a flyover at just about every NFL game and NASCAR race that I've ever attended. I honestly couldn't say for sure when they started televising it at NFL games, but IIRC it's always been done at NASCAR races. Quite frankly I've never really paid that much attention.

However, Kapernick's "protest" was pretty deliberate to get the cameras on him, and it was specifically to show his dis-respect for our country, our Flag and what it stands for. Did he want to bring awareness to some problem in society? Perhaps. Did he ever think about the men and women that serve now or served in the past, sometimes paying the ultimate price to enable him to do so? NOPE. In the end it was all about "him" and his "cause".

I do recall a story from last season where the NFL was profiting in some way for their "military appreciation" or something like that. I don't remember what the whole story was about, but it clearly was for profit rather than for patriotism. That's the part that I agree with you about."
I have to bring some balance to part of what you say, present a counter to your opinion.

I'm also a Veteran, and I give a darn about Kaep's protest. Also, I remember many of my fellow servicemembers taking extreme measures to AVOID having to salute the flag at Reville.

Kaep's protest didn't disrespect this country (unless abuse and racism are interwoven into it....dare we say) nor the military.

(09-20-2017, 10:41 AM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 02:50 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Every person in this country has equal means to succeed...ANYONE can get student loans and go on to college to be anything they choose to be...Wanna be a DR? Ok you can be as long as you graduate from high school and can pass the classes and required testing, you can be one...Same for a lawyer, an architect, an engineer, mechanic, and there are even trade schools that offer blue collar jobs such as welder, (pay is very good) heating and air, carpenter, electrician (even has an apprentice training)...The education is there for everyone...

Correction, as long as most people accept White Supremacy they can succeed, because that is what it's all about. As long as they want to do that "dance" for the man, they will be accepted and can succeed.

Because Colin is college educated and look at what has happened to him because he dared challenge White Supremacy?

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  My doctor is black, my manager is black, we had a black president.  How did they "dance" for the man exactly?

As long as you consider yourself a victim you'll always be a victim.  You sound pathetic.

Who's the chump that resurrected this crap this dying thread?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2017, 11:13 AM by homebiscuit.)

Has Kap been looking for a job related to his college education? If not your argument is invalid.

(09-20-2017, 10:41 AM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 02:50 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Every person in this country has equal means to succeed...ANYONE can get student loans and go on to college to be anything they choose to be...Wanna be a DR? Ok you can be as long as you graduate from high school and can pass the classes and required testing, you can be one...Same for a lawyer, an architect, an engineer, mechanic, and there are even trade schools that offer blue collar jobs such as welder, (pay is very good) heating and air, carpenter, electrician (even has an apprentice training)...The education is there for everyone...

He's not challenging white supremacy, he's disparaging the United States of America, members of the US military, and the freedom they stand for, because of the actions of a few local cops.

He wore a Hitler shirt and claimed that Nazi Germany (to a refugee from there) was better than the US because it's literacy rate was the world's highest.

Oh wait, that was Castro and Cuba. Same difference.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2017, 11:14 AM by homebiscuit.)

(09-20-2017, 11:04 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 10:41 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: Correction, as long as most people accept White Supremacy they can succeed, because that is what it's all about. As long as they want to do that "dance" for the man, they will be accepted and can succeed.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  My doctor is black, my manager is black, we had a black president.  How did they "dance" for the man exactly?

As long as you consider yourself a victim you'll always be a victim.  You sound pathetic.

They only manage you and attend to your medical needs because they must submit to your white supremacy. Their ambition and work ethic have NOTHING to do with it, whitey.

(09-20-2017, 11:06 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Who's the chump that resurrected this crap this dying thread?

Probably a white supremacist.

(09-20-2017, 11:04 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: My doctor is black

When you get closer to age 50 and need to go for annual prostate exams, I suggest you start looking for the tiniest female doctor in the area.

(09-20-2017, 11:15 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 11:04 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: My doctor is black

When you get closer to age 50 and need to go for annual prostate exams, I suggest you start looking for the tiniest female doctor in the area.

Point taken.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2017, 12:01 PM by Mandeezee.)

(09-20-2017, 11:04 AM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 10:41 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: Correction, as long as most people accept White Supremacy they can succeed, because that is what it's all about. As long as they want to do that "dance" for the man, they will be accepted and can succeed.

Allow me to educate:

Are your doctor, manager, or the black president doing anything SPECIFICALLY for black people?

I'm never a victim...

Expounding on history is not claiming victim...

(09-20-2017, 11:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Has Kap been looking for a job related to his college education? If not your argument is invalid.

Many people work outside their degree...

A degree is just your ticket stating you are educated.

(09-20-2017, 11:59 AM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 11:04 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  My doctor is black, my manager is black, we had a black president.  How did they "dance" for the man exactly?

Allow me to educate 

Still waiting.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-20-2017, 11:59 AM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 11:04 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  My doctor is black, my manager is black, we had a black president.  How did they "dance" for the man exactly?

Allow me to educate:

Are your doctor, manager, or the black president doing anything SPECIFICALLY for black people?

I'm never a victim...

Expounding on history is not claiming victim...

(09-20-2017, 11:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Has Kap been looking for a job related to his college education? If not your argument is invalid.

Many people work outside their degree...

A degree is just your ticket stating you are educated.

So what your saying is his college degree isn't getting him a job with a football team? Is that it?

I don't know if he is a starter quality QB. He might not be outside of a year or two in a tailor fit system. Maybe he can turn it around ala Alex Smith. I do, however, struggle to see how he's not better than some of the backups in the NFL at a minimum. He isn't better than Blaine Gabbert? Give me a break.

CK and BLM are pretty dumb. Not for their stated message or concerns but rather because they think they can convince a massive group of people with ingrained presuppositions and, in some cases, latent racism for other groups that their prideful ignorance is wrong. It won't happen. To much work has been done on the propaganda (southern strategy was a masterful success) and their self identity is on the line here.

Clutching your pearls and claiming to be offended by CK's actions rings about as hollow as possible. You don't get to defend and applaud the the guy who's entire deal is insulting people, places, and things incessantly and then claim CK goes too far for your delicate sensibilities. Insulting Americans by name or American cities by name is ok, but kneeling before the flag rather than standing is too far? You all are about as transparent as possible in your lack of consistency. Hypocrisy thy name is conservative.