Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Robert Mueller convenes grand jury in Russia investigation

https://www.wsj.com/articles/special-cou...1501788287

So it's come to this.

I think the political endgame here is becoming more clear. I doubt that Mueller has anything concrete against Trump himself. If he did, we'd know, and Trump would have been forced out already. What I think Mueller does have is smoking-gun evidence against Trump Jr. or Kushnir, and I think that's what will ultimately bring Trump down.

My prediction: a closed-door deal results in criminal proceedings against Trump family members being dropped and/or pardoned away by President Pence (or President Ryan?) in exchange for Trump's resignation. If Trump refuses to resign, criminal proceedings against his family proceed. If he interferes or pardons anyone involved, he gets impeached. Simple as that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The democracy of our country is on shaky ground right now. Are they sure they want this to be their move?

(08-03-2017, 08:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The democracy of our country is on shaky ground right now. Are they sure they want this to be their move?

I think the GOP is close to desperate enough to get rid of Trump after the healthcare debacle that they might even send Air Force One to an island in the South Pacific with him on it and not load it with enough fuel to take off again.

(08-03-2017, 08:45 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 08:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The democracy of our country is on shaky ground right now. Are they sure they want this to be their move?

I think the GOP iuhhs close to desperate enough to get rid of Trump after the healthcare debacle that they might even send Air Force One to an island in the South Pacific with him on it and not load it with enough fuel to take off again.

The same GOP that had 8 years to come up with something while civilian Donald Trump was hosting reality shows, building golf courses, and making real estate deals?

(08-03-2017, 08:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 08:45 PM)TJBender Wrote: I think the GOP iuhhs close to desperate enough to get rid of Trump after the healthcare debacle that they might even send Air Force One to an island in the South Pacific with him on it and not load it with enough fuel to take off again.

The same GOP that had 8 years to come up with something while civilian Donald Trump was hosting reality shows, building golf courses, and making real estate deals?

Yeah, that one.

The problem in Washington D.C. ain't the President, it's all those joining forces against him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Leaked phone call transcripts to world leaders? This is uncharted, very dangerous territory never seen in the history of this country.

You seem to be backwards on all of this. Mueller doesn't seem to have anything which is why it appears he's throwing it in front of a grand jury. He's subpoenaed documents and people to testify in front of the grand jury so that he can determine if there's anything substantial. It looks like he's trying to investigate it with sworn testimony.

I've see rock-solid cases go in front of grand juries, and I've seen absolutely innocent people have their cases thrown in front of the jury. Being subjected to the grand jury is no reflection on the amount of evidence present. The fact that you think you know what he has is a bit surprising. For all we know, Mueller is simply using the grand jury as a scapegoat. He may not have anything at all, knows it, and will use the grand jury as the reason Trump / Trump Jr. wont be charged... so that there isn't negative political feedback. Remember, Mueller doesn't need a grand jury to charge Trump / Trump Jr. if he had enough to charge him.

I have to say, the news is interesting to watch again. It's been boring for the last 8 years watching Obama and the democrats being serviced daily. The MSM now has the more than the opposing party in office to spar with. Their careful narrative based on hubris, extreme bias, and self-conviction built a political and social house of cards which seemed indestructible. It has now collapsed around their feet. This time last year they controlled the message with arrogant self-assuredness. Now they can barely control their bladders. It's all so glorious. So wonderfully, lustfully glorious.

The problem with the grand jury for Trump is this: Clinton was called before a grand jury, and he lied, and got impeached for it. If Trump, who apparently cannot avoid lying, is called before a grand jury, he will inevitably perjure himself. And with the way his approval ratings are dropping, and with the fact that the Republicans would all prefer Mike Pence, Trump will get impeached and convicted.

So, whether or not Trump colluded with Russia, if he's called to testify before a grand jury, it's the end of his presidency. Because he will inevitably tell a lie, and lying to a grand jury is a crime.

(08-04-2017, 06:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The problem with the grand jury for Trump is this:  Clinton was called before a grand jury, and he lied, and got impeached for it.  If Trump, who apparently cannot avoid lying, is called before a grand jury, he will inevitably perjure himself.   And with the way his approval ratings are dropping, and with the fact that the Republicans would all prefer Mike Pence, Trump will get impeached and convicted.  

So, whether or not Trump colluded with Russia, if he's called to testify before a grand jury, it's the end of his presidency.  Because he will inevitably tell a lie, and lying to a grand jury is a crime.

You are the epitome of why the left is floundering in this country, Marty. You let your wishful thinking get in the way of facts. You've got to be the most whiny person on this board when it comes to Trump. The man lives rent free in your head. Take a breath. Jesus...

(08-04-2017, 07:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 06:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The problem with the grand jury for Trump is this:  Clinton was called before a grand jury, and he lied, and got impeached for it.  If Trump, who apparently cannot avoid lying, is called before a grand jury, he will inevitably perjure himself.   And with the way his approval ratings are dropping, and with the fact that the Republicans would all prefer Mike Pence, Trump will get impeached and convicted.  

So, whether or not Trump colluded with Russia, if he's called to testify before a grand jury, it's the end of his presidency.  Because he will inevitably tell a lie, and lying to a grand jury is a crime.

You are the epitome of why the left is floundering in this country, Marty. You let your wishful thinking get in the way of facts. You've got to be the most whiny person on this board when it comes to Trump. The man lives rent free in your head. Take a breath. Jesus...

I am not a left winger, Homebiscuit.   I am more right than left.   Sorry you don't like what I'm saying, but this is a political message board, and if you don't want to read opinions that contrast with yours, you need to go somewhere else.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 09:05 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

How long does congress let Mueller go on this witch hunt that has gone in a totally different direction than "Russian collusion"?

VERY wishful  thinking in this post. Homebiscuit is right, your biased, never-Trump views make for some very good made for TV movie plots.

I love how you automatically assume Trump would perjure himself because clearly you know the integrity of the man based on his reputation the MSM has painted for you.

(08-04-2017, 09:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How long does congress let Mueller go on this witch hunt that has gone in a totally different direction than "Russian collusion"?

VERY wishful  thinking in this post. Homebiscuit is right, your biased, never-Trump views make for some very good made for TV movie plots.

I love how you automatically assume Trump would perjure himself because clearly you know the integrity of the man based on his reputation the MSM has painted for you.

1. Mueller will be allowed to keep digging until he unearths something that meets the end goal of Congress: a new President. 

2. Do I detect a hint of desperation?

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 10:15 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-04-2017, 09:55 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 09:00 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How long does congress let Mueller go on this witch hunt that has gone in a totally different direction than "Russian collusion"?

1. Mueller will be allowed to keep digging until he unearths something that meets the end goal of Congress: a new President. 

2. Do I detect a hint of desperation?

Desperation? You said I am the "troll"?

Hardly. You are the one who comes across as desperate with your support of fabricated theories. 

I have the uncanny ability to look at what the POTUS is actually doing even with all of the forces trying to stop him.

Toyota/Mazda building new multi-billion dollar plants in US
Jobs reports exceeding economist' expectations essentially every month of his presidency
A 16 year low unemployement rate of 4.3%
Border crossings down 64%

Shall I keep going?

(08-03-2017, 08:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Leaked phone call transcripts to world leaders? This is uncharted, very dangerous territory never seen in the history of this country.

That's pretty bad, I agree.

Why is Trump doing a campaign rally in WV ? This is one weird dude that needs people cheering him on continuously and he'll even come to your home if you cheer.

Anyway, he has done 1 thing .... UNIFIED CONGRESS. It appears that the Republicans and Democrats are unifying to limit his authority.
* Russian Sanctions -- language added to remove the Presidents authority to revoke the sanctions
* New legislation being proposed to negate the Presidents ability to fire Mueller
* McCain, Lindsey Graham & Jeff Flake (AZ) rising to the top of the GOP in voicing out against the President (or limiting his power)
* General John Kelley giving Jeff Sessions a vote of confidence.

I'm not certain if the end is near but I do know the end of this family-run White House debacle is coming to an end.

(08-04-2017, 10:58 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Why is Trump doing a campaign rally in WV ?  This is one weird dude that needs people cheering him on continuously and he'll even come to your home if you cheer.

Anyway, he has done 1 thing .... UNIFIED CONGRESS.   It appears that the Republicans and Democrats are unifying to limit his authority.  
* Russian Sanctions -- language added to remove the Presidents authority to revoke the sanctions
* New legislation being proposed to negate the Presidents ability to fire Mueller
* McCain, Lindsey Graham & Jeff Flake (AZ) rising to the top of the GOP in voicing out against the President (or limiting his power)

I'm not certain if the end is near but I do know the end of this family-run White House debacle is coming to an end.

Um, he was there mainly supporting the GOVERNOR who happened to be changing his party affiliation. Not to mention, giving back to those who put him where he is.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 12:55 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-04-2017, 11:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 10:58 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Why is Trump doing a campaign rally in WV ?  This is one weird dude that needs people cheering him on continuously and he'll even come to your home if you cheer.

Anyway, he has done 1 thing .... UNIFIED CONGRESS.   It appears that the Republicans and Democrats are unifying to limit his authority.  

Um, he was there mainly supporting the GOVERNOR who happened to be changing his party affiliation. Not to mention, giving back to those who put him where he is.

Perhaps he could give back by taking action on his promises if he really thought he could accomplish what he told the West Virginians.  How are those coal mining and factory jobs coming along in WV ... now that we're no longer importing products from China --- oh wait, Ivanka just upped her fashion deal on Chinese Imports.

Luckily, he has the support of the Boy Scout Leader who stated his prior speech was the best he's ever heard -- yet, another unnecessary lie.    

I just don't understand why he feels the need to seek adulation or lie about it when it's not being provided.   

Like Justin Blackmon ... the dude has potential but has a lot of demons that will most likely prevent him from doing his current job effectively.

(08-03-2017, 10:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have to say, the news is interesting to watch again. It's been boring for the last 8 years watching Obama and the democrats being serviced daily. The MSM now has the more than the opposing party in office to spar with. Their careful narrative based on hubris, extreme bias, and self-conviction built a political and social house of cards which seemed indestructible. It has now collapsed around their feet. This time last year they controlled the message with arrogant self-assuredness. Now they can barely control their bladders. It's all so glorious. So wonderfully, lustfully glorious.

Dang ..... sorry to see that our US Military bored you with their overseas operations in the Middle East.   I guess watching our US Troops sacrifice their lives for our country can get a little mundane for people like you

How's the weather there on Fantasy Island?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]