Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Robert Mueller convenes grand jury in Russia investigation

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 02:54 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-04-2017, 10:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: A 16 year low unemployement rate of 4.3%

This is actually funny because Obama's 5% unemployment rates was critiqued by the republicans stating it was fictitious because 20% of the employed people are underemployed and should not count in the 95% employed rate.  What?  Did everyone just get 25% raises in the past 6 months ?  If Obama's 5% rate is not legit, how legit is 4.3%?  To me, 5% is 5% and 4.3% is 4.3%, regardless of your existing pay.  I consider ones market value as the salary they are currently being paid (unless one is overpaid and cannot market ones self at the equivalent pay rate) which is the opposite of being underemployed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-04-2017, 12:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 11:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Um, he was there mainly supporting the GOVERNOR who happened to be changing his party affiliation. Not to mention, giving back to those who put him where he is.

Perhaps he could give back by taking action on his promises if he really thought he could accomplish what he told the West Virginians.  How are those coal mining and factory jobs coming along in WV ... now that we're no longer importing products from China --- oh wait, Ivanka just upped her fashion deal on Chinese Imports.

Luckily, he has the support of the Boy Scout Leader who stated his prior speech was the best he's ever heard -- yet, another unnecessary lie.    

I just don't understand why he feels the need to seek adulation or lie about it when it's not being provided.   

Like Justin Blackmon ... the dude has potential but has a lot of demons that will most likely prevent him from doing his current job effectively.

(08-03-2017, 10:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have to say, the news is interesting to watch again. It's been boring for the last 8 years watching Obama and the democrats being serviced daily. The MSM now has the more than the opposing party in office to spar with. Their careful narrative based on hubris, extreme bias, and self-conviction built a political and social house of cards which seemed indestructible. It has now collapsed around their feet. This time last year they controlled the message with arrogant self-assuredness. Now they can barely control their bladders. It's all so glorious. So wonderfully, lustfully glorious.

Dang ..... sorry to see that our US Military bored you with their overseas operations in the Middle East.   I guess watching our US Troops sacrifice their lives for our country can get a little mundane for people like you

Whoa, dude! Let me help you sit down. Are you okay? Let me get you some water. Man, you're going to be sore tomorrow. That was awesome! *high five* I don't think I've ever seen someone reach so far. 

Hey, did anyone get that on video??

(08-04-2017, 12:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 11:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Um, he was there mainly supporting the GOVERNOR who happened to be changing his party affiliation. Not to mention, giving back to those who put him where he is.

Perhaps he could give back by taking action on his promises if he really thought he could accomplish what he told the West Virginians.  How are those coal mining and factory jobs coming along in WV ... now that we're no longer importing products from China --- oh wait, Ivanka just upped her fashion deal on Chinese Imports.

Luckily, he has the support of the Boy Scout Leader who stated his prior speech was the best he's ever heard -- yet, another unnecessary lie.    

I just don't understand why he feels the need to seek adulation or lie about it when it's not being provided.   

Like Justin Blackmon ... the dude has potential but has a lot of demons that will most likely prevent him from doing his current job effectively.

(08-03-2017, 10:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I have to say, the news is interesting to watch again. It's been boring for the last 8 years watching Obama and the democrats being serviced daily. The MSM now has the more than the opposing party in office to spar with. Their careful narrative based on hubris, extreme bias, and self-conviction built a political and social house of cards which seemed indestructible. It has now collapsed around their feet. This time last year they controlled the message with arrogant self-assuredness. Now they can barely control their bladders. It's all so glorious. So wonderfully, lustfully glorious.

Dang ..... sorry to see that our US Military bored you with their overseas operations in the Middle East.   I guess watching our US Troops sacrifice their lives for our country can get a little mundane for people like you

I'm more concerned that you consider it must see tv

(08-04-2017, 02:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 10:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: A 16 year low unemployement rate of 4.3%

This is actually funny because Obama's 5% unemployment rates was critiqued by the republicans stating it was fictitious because 20% of the employed people are underemployed and should not count in the 95% employed rate.  What?  Did everyone just get 25% raises in the past 6 months ?  If Obama's 5% rate is not legit, how legit is 4.3%?  To me, 5% is 5% and 4.3% is 4.3%, regardless of your existing pay.  I consider ones market value as the salary they are currently being paid (unless one is overpaid and cannot market ones self at the equivalent pay rate) which is the opposite of being underemployed.

You are exactly right. The unemployment rate is meaningless when so many people who want jobs don't count as unemployed. It is just as meaningless now as it was under Obummer.

What matters is the labor force participation rate, which dropped precipitously throughout most of Obummer's tenure.

[Image: latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2007_2017_all...7_data.gif]

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(08-03-2017, 08:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Leaked phone call transcripts to world leaders? This is uncharted, very dangerous territory never seen in the history of this country.

Who is leaking them, and is it purely leaks or whistle blowing?

It's quite interesting this unchartered, very dangerous territory has likely been explored by those who see what's going on behind the scenes and believe the danger is worth the risk.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(08-04-2017, 10:34 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 02:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: This is actually funny because Obama's 5% unemployment rates was critiqued by the republicans stating it was fictitious because 20% of the employed people are underemployed and should not count in the 95% employed rate.  What?  Did everyone just get 25% raises in the past 6 months ?  If Obama's 5% rate is not legit, how legit is 4.3%?  To me, 5% is 5% and 4.3% is 4.3%, regardless of your existing pay.  I consider ones market value as the salary they are currently being paid (unless one is overpaid and cannot market ones self at the equivalent pay rate) which is the opposite of being underemployed.

You are exactly right. The unemployment rate is meaningless when so many people who want jobs don't count as unemployed. It is just as meaningless now as it was under Obummer.

What matters is the labor force participation rate, which dropped precipitously throughout most of Obummer's tenure.

Neither are meaningless, and the labor force participation rate is not the damnation of Obama policies you claim it to be. But feel free to cherry pick, it's what Obama critics do.
- Bob Marley

(08-05-2017, 11:16 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 08:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Leaked phone call transcripts to world leaders? This is uncharted, very dangerous territory never seen in the history of this country.

Who is leaking them, and is it purely leaks or whistle blowing?

It's quite interesting this unchartered, very dangerous territory has likely been explored by those who see what's going on behind the scenes and believe the danger is worth the risk.

Is someones interpretation of what is going on behind the scenes grounds for this being the right thing to do? Maxine Waters thinks it is.

This shouldn't be viewed only as a Trump thing, but any future president issue. If foreign leaders can't be assured their conversations with the POTUS possibly regarding national security are truly safe, what is that going to lead to?

My guess is that it is only a matter of time before someone gets caught, gets the book thrown at them, and makes other deep state IC leakers think twice about doing something stupid.

When we talk about unemployment, it is best to use precise language to avoid confusion. Who is counted as unemployed?

Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work. Actively looking for work may consist of any of the following activities:

Contacting:
An employer directly or having a job interview
A public or private employment agency
Friends or relatives
A school or university employment center
Sending out resumes or filling out applications
Placing or answering advertisements
Checking union or professional registers
Some other means of active job search

There are actually 6 unemployment measurements:

U1 : Percentage of labor force unemployed 15 weeks or longer.
U2 : Percentage of labor force who lost jobs or completed temporary work.
U3 : Official unemployment rate per ILO definition.
U4 : U3 + "discouraged workers", or those who have stopped looking for work because current economic conditions make them believe that no work is available for them.
U5 : U4 + other "marginally attached workers", or "loosely attached workers", or those who "would like" and are able to work, but have not looked for work recently.
U6 : U5 + Part time workers who want to work full time, but cannot due to economic reasons.

(08-05-2017, 12:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 11:16 AM)rollerjag Wrote: Who is leaking them, and is it purely leaks or whistle blowing?

Is someones interpretation of what is going on behind the scenes grounds for this being the right thing to do? Maxine Waters thinks it is.

This shouldn't be viewed only as a Trump thing, but any future president issue. If foreign leaders can't be assured their conversations with the POTUS possibly regarding national security are truly safe, what is that going to lead to?

My guess is that it is only a matter of time before someone gets caught, gets the book thrown at them, and makes other deep state IC leakers think twice about doing something stupid.

It all depends on what is really going on behind the scenes, doesn't it?
- Bob Marley

On the subject of "leaks", you have to understand the mainstream media and the Deep State are the same thing. So you get these "news" segments in which a TV host and 2 or 3 guests "debate" a current topic, and all 4 of them are stooges from Langley........the "retired" Major General, the Distinguished Fellow from the Prestigious Think Tank, the journalist or Editor from Forbes or The Atlantic, and even your host Anderson Cooper.

Nobody is "leaking" anything to the Washington Post. The Washington Post is a Deep State publication.

(08-05-2017, 11:25 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 10:34 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: You are exactly right. The unemployment rate is meaningless when so many people who want jobs don't count as unemployed. It is just as meaningless now as it was under Obummer.

Neither are meaningless, and the labor force participation rate is not the damnation of Obama policies you claim it to be. But feel free to cherry pick, it's what Obama critics do.

Speaking of cherry picking, it sure took a lot of spin in that article to downplay the collapse of the job market under Obummer. Just as one example, they discounted everyone over 65, but a lot of those people still wanted to work but were unable to find jobs. Heck, even Social Security now sets the retirement age at 67.5 IIRC, and many people work well into their 70s (or would have if they could).

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(08-05-2017, 12:59 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 12:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is someones interpretation of what is going on behind the scenes grounds for this being the right thing to do? Maxine Waters thinks it is.

It all depends on what is really going on behind the scenes, doesn't it?

If I am not mistaken, these calls were made less than a couple weeks into his presidency. Your attitude that something behind the scenes could justify these leaks is as criminal as the act itself.  I realize you enjoy arguing EVERY single point, such as why is the sky blue, why is water wet, but c'mon.

(08-05-2017, 01:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 12:59 PM)rollerjag Wrote: It all depends on what is really going on behind the scenes, doesn't it?

If I am not mistaken, these calls were made less than a couple weeks into his presidency. Your attitude that something behind the scenes could justify these leaks is as criminal as the act itself.  I realize you enjoy arguing EVERY single point, such as why is the sky blue, why is water wet, but c'mon.

Criminal attitude? Lock me up for my thoughts?

Your argument that nothing justifies these leaks without knowing the leaker's true motivation is why I'm arguing this point, in particular.
- Bob Marley

(08-05-2017, 01:55 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 01:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If I am not mistaken, these calls were made less than a couple weeks into his presidency. Your attitude that something behind the scenes could justify these leaks is as criminal as the act itself.  I realize you enjoy arguing EVERY single point, such as why is the sky blue, why is water wet, but c'mon.

Criminal attitude? Lock me up for my thoughts?

Your argument that nothing justifies these leaks without knowing the leaker's true motivation is why I'm arguing this point, in particular.

The motivation is obvious, the Deep State erred in allowing the plebes to elect an unapproved candidate and he must be destroyed immediately and at any cost.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bubba Wallace: "There's a noose in my garage!"

FBI: "We'll scramble 15 agents to investigate today!"

Tom Fitton: "The Mueller team destroyed 31 work phones to hide their tracks in 2018!"

FBI: "Sorry, we're busy at an Intersectionality training class."