Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pat on the back for Malik Jackson

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...ing-steaks

At first I thought this guy might come here just to relax and take a paycheck. But he is clearly working his butt off since he got here and is really putting forth a lot of effort. He is proving me wrong and I like it.

Pat on the back for him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With the upcoming preseason game against our #1 Rival, please refrain from using the term "Pat" over the next week please.

Thanks !!

(08-04-2017, 11:00 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: With the upcoming preseason game against our #1 Rival, please refrain from using the term "Pat" over the next week please.

Thanks !!

Lol, the Patriots are our #1 rival? You ever heard of the Tennessee Titans?

(08-04-2017, 11:20 AM)Brett Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 11:00 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: With the upcoming preseason game against our #1 Rival, please refrain from using the term "Pat" over the next week please.

Thanks !!

I go back to the old days and in my mind, the Steelers will ALWAYS be our #1 rival. Those were some wild games. I have complete and utter hatred for Pittsburgh.

(08-04-2017, 12:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 11:20 AM)Brett Wrote: Lol, the Patriots are our #1 rival? You ever heard of the Tennessee Titans?

I go back to the old days and in my mind, the Steelers will ALWAYS be our #1 rival. Those were some wild games. I have complete and utter hatred for Pittsburgh.

I can agree with that more than the Patriots.

"I like my dry-aged steaks," he admitted.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 01:07 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-04-2017, 11:20 AM)Brett Wrote:

Thanks !!

Nah ... the Titans have been down lately so we had to go out of the division to establish other rivalries with teams with comparable status as us ..... such as the Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, and Seahawks.

(08-04-2017, 12:09 PM)Brett Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 12:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I go back to the old days and in my mind, the Steelers will ALWAYS be our #1 rival. Those were some wild games. I have complete and utter hatred for Pittsburgh.

I can agree with that more than the Patriots.

Nah ... we may be 1-10 vs the Patriots but they fear the fact that they have to face us in a week.  I wouldn't be surprised if they pull out Tom Brady early in the game due to the fact that our defense is too intense for his soft finesse game.  You just watch, if they pull Brady before the 4th quarter, it's because they are mentally weak.

(08-04-2017, 11:20 AM)Brett Wrote: Lol, the Patriots are our #1 rival? You ever heard of the Tennessee Titans?

But even in those days we had a rivalry with the Oilers/Titans. Squeelers are a team I always like to see us beat but nothing compares to what the tacks did to us in '99 by stealing our playbook.  Nothing.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-04-2017, 10:52 AM)Brett Wrote: http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...ing-steaks

At first I thought this guy might come here just to relax and take a paycheck. But he is clearly working his butt off since he got here and is really putting forth a lot of effort. He is proving me wrong and I like it.

Pat on the back for him.

From his introductory press conference onward, I got the sense that he was a guy who was determined to earn his contract, and he hasn't disappointed.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Eh, the Steelers rivalry was a great one back in the day, but it has waned big time since the divisions were realigned.  

I have genuine dislike for the three teams in our division, but the deepest rooted dislike is for the cousin loving toothless tacks.  They have supplanted the Steelers as the #1 rival because of the history that has been built between the two franchises.  It's nice to play Pittsburgh, but it doesn't instill the same kind of energy it did when we were division rivals.  The playoff run in 2007 boosted it a bit, but it has all but died since then.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I live here in Nashville and that's why I will always hate the Titans the most. Ugh, I can't stand this fan base.

(08-04-2017, 04:46 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 12:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I go back to the old days and in my mind, the Steelers will ALWAYS be our #1 rival. Those were some wild games. I have complete and utter hatred for Pittsburgh.

Eh, the Steelers rivalry was a great one back in the day, but it has waned big time since the divisions were realigned.  

I have genuine dislike for the three teams in our division, but the deepest rooted dislike is for the cousin loving toothless tacks.  They have supplanted the Steelers as the #1 rival because of the history that has been built between the two franchises.  It's nice to play Pittsburgh, but it doesn't instill the same kind of energy it did when we were division rivals.  The playoff run in 2007 boosted it a bit, but it has all but died since then.

I know we're supposed to hate the Titans, but I don't think one way or another about them. To me, their just another NFL team. I've always felt that "rivalry" with them to be forced, no thanks to the realignment. The Steelers on the other hand, are an easy team to hate. In fact, I feel more of a rivalry with the Colts, than any other team in our division and it's just luke warm.

It will always be the Steelers for me. The original fans will agree.

Yea he has been the anti-Hayensworth
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

With our record of the last 10 years we are not worthy of a rival. The first thing we need is some self respect, hopefully this is the year we get that back. THEN we can talk about rivalries.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

The Titans are probably the best team in the division, and most are projecting them to the Playoffs this year so talk of them falling off is falling on deaf ears. Rivals tend to have close games with both sides winning some, and we have that with both the Titans and Colts. We should have that with the Texans, so hopefully we start winning some this year. We also have that with the Steelers, although the Jaguars a long ways down on the Steelers list of rivals. The Patriots are not a rival in the least. They're a team who simply always has the Jaguars number and routinely whoops us when we do face them. 
'02

(08-04-2017, 08:31 PM)copycat Wrote: With our record of the last 10 years we are not worthy of a rival.  The first thing we need is some self respect, hopefully this is the year we get that back.  THEN we can talk about rivalries.

Agreed.

A lot of you are capitalizing the t in titans when I thought we all agreed back in the 90s we would never do so. Y'all are slackin.

(08-05-2017, 07:18 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: A lot of you are capitalizing the t in titans when I thought we all agreed back in the 90s we would never do so. Y'all are slackin.

It's the tittians darn it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-05-2017, 12:11 AM)Jags02 Wrote: The Titans are probably the best team in the division, and most are projecting them to the Playoffs this year so talk of them falling off is falling on deaf ears. Rivals tend to have close games with both sides winning some, and we have that with both the Titans and Colts. We should have that with the Texans, so hopefully we start winning some this year. We also have that with the Steelers, although the Jaguars a long ways down on the Steelers list of rivals. The Patriots are not a rival in the least. They're a team who simply always has the Jaguars number and routinely whoops us when we do face them. 

Can someone explain this reasoning to me?  I honestly don't see what's special about the tacks, at all.  Mariota isn't great and is injury prone, and their defense is pretty average.  They can run the ball, but that's pretty much the only area of their team that is even above average.  If the Jags gel, I feel like they're a lot better than the tacks and every other team in the division.  Am I off base here?