Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - What we learned: A week in pads

What we learned: A week in pads

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...d38d8112ec

Senior writer John Oehser examines what we learned from the Jaguars’ six padded practices in seven days that ended with Florida Blue Family Night Friday at EverBank Field

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The biggest positive I see is no major injuries despite the hard hitting in practice. This dispels the long held belief that you must avoid contact in training camp and " save " the players for the regular season.

(08-05-2017, 04:23 PM)SunriseCottage Wrote: The biggest positive I see is no major injuries despite the hard hitting in practice. This dispels the long held belief that you must avoid contact in training camp and " save " the players for the regular season.

Amen.

(08-05-2017, 05:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 04:23 PM)SunriseCottage Wrote: The biggest positive I see is no major injuries despite the hard hitting in practice. This dispels the long held belief that you must avoid contact in training camp and " save " the players for the regular season.

Amen.

And Amen again.

*knocks on wood

I see the loss of critical linchpin Carson Tinker has been deemed to be minor.

(08-05-2017, 05:58 PM)urDragonFury Wrote:

I see the loss of critical linchpin Carson Tinker has been deemed to be minor.

It's tough to say "minor," but when you consider how it seems most NFL teams have already lost at least one starter, and now it's the Jaguars turn and we lose our LS, it doesn't exactly look like a major loss. That is unless you also count Albert as a loss, but it's clear he was already a lost cause.
'02

Famous last words. now every punt is going over the head!!!
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

One thing I have noticed is there seems to be a much bigger emphasis on the trenches and who wins the battles one on one, both in the practices and in the media coverage, than in years past.

The Oklahoma drills were good to get the fans pumped up, but that seemed more spectacle than coaching tool/evaluation.

What's going on now seems more nuts and bolts coaching methodology.

Perhaps this is an unfair assessment due to all of the practices I never saw. training camp and post training camp.

But based upon what I've seen, there is a more physical element to this training camp than in others.

I didn't go to the "scrimmage" this past Friday, but in all of the years they've had these Friday night scrimmages in the stadium, I never saw a hit like the one Day put on Fournette.

I hope this pays dividends this year and down the road.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-06-2017, 09:04 AM)archer56 Wrote: Famous last words.  now every punt is going over the head!!!

Punts are supposed to go over people's heads. It's the snap I'm worried about.