Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's official. Cutler to the Dolphins

Cutler re-unites with Gase in Miami

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/grizzly-...59703.html
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's the best option for Miami right now.

Cue all of the others in the media/sports world howling because they didn't consider Kaepernick to be an option.

Cutler > Kaepernick.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Dumb move by Miami. Cutler is not very well liked by former teammates and could really screw with the chemistry of the team. Moore may be the best backup in the league and I believe at this point, is a better QB than Cutler. Significantly better. Supposedly, Moore has looked good in practices as well. This just seems like the Dolphins are in panic mode.

(08-06-2017, 02:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Dumb move by Miami. Cutler is not very well liked by former teammates and could really screw with the chemistry of the team. Moore may be the best backup in the league and I believe at this point, is a better QB than Cutler. Significantly better. Supposedly, Moore has looked good in practices as well. This just seems like the Dolphins are in panic mode.

Seriously?  Have you looked at Moore's stats?  Best backup in the league?  Would you want to start the season with him?

There is hands down no comparison between the two QB's.  Cutler is by FAR the better option.

If a team depends on "chemistry" regarding the starting QB, they are destined to fail.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

They are now built and ready to compete for a Super Bowl

(08-06-2017, 02:53 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 02:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Dumb move by Miami. Cutler is not very well liked by former teammates and could really screw with the chemistry of the team. Moore may be the best backup in the league and I believe at this point, is a better QB than Cutler. Significantly better. Supposedly, Moore has looked good in practices as well. This just seems like the Dolphins are in panic mode.

Seriously?  Have you looked at Moore's stats?  Best backup in the league?  Would you want to start the season with him?

There is hands down no comparison between the two QB's.  Cutler is by FAR the better option.

If a team depends on "chemistry" regarding the starting QB, they are destined to fail.

There are no backup QB's in the league who should be starting at this point, but if you look at past performances, yes, Moore just might be the best in the NFL. With that said, is it ideal for him to start on any franchise? Of course not, but comparing him to a modern day Jay Cutler, I'd take Moore every time. Cutler never looked all that concerned with football and he's never been a team guy either. He's also widely considered as a "jerk". Like it or not, the QB is a leader of your team, he has to be respected and at least trusted. I didn't see any of that in Cutler's final few years in Chicago. I don't see this working out at all and if Cutler does fail, you've basically told Moore you don't trust him to lead the team, so any confidence he had in the coaching staff is damaged.

I guess this means Tannehill is going to have surgery.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(08-06-2017, 07:48 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I guess this means Tannehill is going to have surgery.

I think think it's inevitable at this point.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2017, 07:42 AM by JagsorDie.)

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten picked up. Honestly I always thought he was a pretty decent qb. He never really had a line in Chicago which imo was half the reason he wasn't as successful as he could have been.

I know this isn't a good way to gauge qbs but I had him on a fantasy team as a back up a few years back and the dude consistently put up more points than my starter. Except when I would switch him which has insanely frustrating.

LOL.  They even considered Tebow as a possible candidate.

(08-06-2017, 11:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 07:48 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: I guess this means Tannehill is going to have surgery.

I think think it's inevitable at this point.

It's probably best that he has surgery and that he has it as soon as he's medically cleared to have surgery.

Cutler in Miami makes a lot of sense. The connection with Gase alone is enough to warrant and justify his signing there. And not to get all political in the non-political forum but Colin in Miami wouldn't make any sense when you consider the Castro/Cuban thing from last year. That was a no-no on his part. One of the few things I didn't agree with what he did last year during his ordeal.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."