Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jets lose #1 WR Quincy Enunwa for the season

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2017, 03:36 PM by knarnn.)

Could be an opportunity for a potential trade considering our WR depth. Is Sheldon Richardson still on the trade block?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ck-injury/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I could see them trading a depth WR for a late round pick.

But can we please stop the nonsense about trading the guy who did this to Malcolm Butler today?

[Image: giphy.gif]

If we're trading any WR it's Hurns
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Great Caesar's ghost!

I can't imagine a worse offense in the league.

Nor can I see anything resembling a sure or likely win anywhere on their schedule.

(queue the "Jaguars: 'hold my beer'" posts)

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Even before the Quincy Enunwa injury, the Jets had the look of a bottom 10 team in the NFL this season. I would be surprised if they traded for a WR unless they envision the player as someone who can be an asset for them in 2018 and the trade compensation made sense for them.

(08-09-2017, 03:09 AM)D6 Wrote: Even before the Quincy Enunwa injury,  the Jets had the look of a bottom 10 team in the NFL this season.  I would be surprised if they traded for a WR unless they envision the player as someone who can be an asset for them in 2018 and the trade compensation made sense for them.

I understand they are close to a breaking point with Sheldon Richardson.  But what WR is being shipped/unhappy?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I would hold off on trying to trade away any of our luxuries until we're a winning team.

Also... I wouldn't trade a WR for a DL at this point... if anything we'd need to trade for a playmaking TE or all pro OL
And aside from AR or Lee I doubt we pull that good of a player from another team...
Especially the jests.

(08-09-2017, 10:00 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 03:09 AM)D6 Wrote: Even before the Quincy Enunwa injury,  the Jets had the look of a bottom 10 team in the NFL this season.  I would be surprised if they traded for a WR unless they envision the player as someone who can be an asset for them in 2018 and the trade compensation made sense for them.

I understand they are close to a breaking point with Sheldon Richardson.  But what WR is being shipped/unhappy?

It seems like Sheldon Richardson is distracted yet again.   He keeps on talking about Brandon Marshall.   The Jets should try to cut their losses with him.  It's safe to assume that regardless of Richardson's talent,  he's not going to be part of an eventual potential winning solution.

The Jets would benefit from having a WR like Anquan Boldin,  who recently signed with the Bills.  From the standpoint of being an on and off the field mentor.  But if I were in their position,  there's no way I would trade any draft picks for a veteran that won't be with the team in future seasons.

Pretty unfortunate for him. I was looking forward to seeing what type of year he was going to have.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Who has the worse WR roster? 2017 Jets or 2011 Jags?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-09-2017, 06:54 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Who has the worse WR roster? 2017 Jets or 2011 Jags?

Jaguars 2011 final WRs
Jarett Dillard
Kassim Osgood
Taylor Price
Cecil Shorts 
Mike Thomas 
Chastin West

Who are their final WRs going to be?
Lucky Whitehead
Ar'Darius Stewart
Chad Hansen
Robby Anderson
Marquess Wilson
Jalin Marshall (if they keep 6, also suspended first 4)

Ouch... I think we have/had the edge... although..