Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - Training Camp: Day 10 Notes and Observations

First off the field: Training Camp Day 10

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...9ba2625eae

Jaguars practice against defending Super Bowl New England Patriots for nearly two-and-a-half hours at practice fields near Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass., on Monday

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No pick 6's by Bortles. Looking good.

If you read BCC, it was "an up and down day at practice"....apparently Bortles was horrible or something. I don't know WHAT to believe anymore.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(08-07-2017, 02:58 PM)NCJag Wrote: If you read BCC, it was "an up and down day at practice"....apparently Bortles was horrible or something.  I don't know WHAT to believe anymore.

Believe what you wish...

But BCC is the glass half empty guys - Allen Robinson has to twist body to make spectacular catch for a TD on pass that was off target
Jaguars.com is glass half full guys -  Bortles connects with A-Rob on a TD in good coverage.

Maybe it was a bad pass... or Maybe Bortles was trying to put it where only his guy could get it.

It is clear that BCC hates Bortles and is convinced he is trash and will not hype him up whatsoever. It'll be like that all season long.

(08-07-2017, 02:58 PM)NCJag Wrote: If you read BCC, it was "an up and down day at practice"....apparently Bortles was horrible or something.  I don't know WHAT to believe anymore.

It sounded like neither team was particularly sharp offensively in practice.  Lots of dropped passes on both sides.  BCC probably only reported on what the Jags were struggling with. That's what they do. Any way to paint Bortles in the most negative light possible. That's their charter.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Lesson #1...  don't read BCC.

From the article.
Quote:The teams worked extensively in 11-on-11, starters-versus-starters situations Monday and Jaguars Head Coach Doug Marrone said he liked what he saw for the most part from quarterback Blake Bortles and the Jaguars’ offense.

I would rather hear it "from the horse's mouth".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-07-2017, 03:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Lesson #1...  don't read BCC.

From the article.
Quote:The teams worked extensively in 11-on-11, starters-versus-starters situations Monday and Jaguars Head Coach Doug Marrone said he liked what he saw for the most part from quarterback Blake Bortles and the Jaguars’ offense.

I would rather hear it "from the horse's mouth".

BCC and Debbie Downer would label Marrone a homer.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Training Camp: Day 10 Notes and Observations

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...963833c616

Senior writer John Oehser offers his notes and observations from the Jaguars’ practice against the New England Patriots Monday in Foxboro, Mass., on Day 10 of Jaguars

(08-07-2017, 03:50 PM)Jaxson Wrote: Training Camp: Day 10 Notes and Observations

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...963833c616

Senior writer John Oehser offers his notes and observations from the Jaguars’ practice against the New England Patriots Monday in Foxboro, Mass., on Day 10 of Jaguars

Quote: *Bouye noted that Marrone’s physical, high-strain approach to camp didn’t wane in a new environment. The Jaguars as they have done throughout camp ran sprints after Monday’s practice. “We ran gassers again,” Bouye said. “We haven’t had time to get our legs back, but it’s only going to make us tougher.” …

Old school. I like it!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

A good rule of thumb for me is to NOT believe what BCC says about Bortles or the team.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Did Fowler do anything?

(08-07-2017, 08:07 PM)jobclarke Wrote: Did Fowler do anything?

Rhetorical question?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(08-07-2017, 08:07 PM)jobclarke Wrote: Did Fowler do anything?

Who really cares at this point? Either way, people are going to dog pile on him regardless.. If he does something, "it's just practice." If he doesn't do anything, "he's garbage."

I'd rather not hear a single thing about Fowler until the games start to matter.