Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
North Korea

(08-10-2017, 03:34 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 04:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Surprised there isn't a thread on this already.

How does everyone feel about the current situation with North Korea? I am curious to hear how anti-Trump people feel about the way he is handling it.

I'm just glad the former president isn't handling this. That would be big trouble.

Lol .... Trump was handed North Korea.   Obama was handed an economy spiraling into depression and a scattered war at every end of the Middle East.

... I'd have to say Obama probably wouldn't be tweeting classified information about the situation at hand.

To be quite honest, I have more faith in Dennis Rodman that I do in Trump

[Image: rodmanwedding.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-10-2017, 04:02 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 03:34 PM)Dakota Wrote: I'm just glad the former president isn't handling this. That would be big trouble.

Lol .... Trump was handed North Korea.   Obama was handed an economy spiraling into depression and a scattered war at every end of the Middle East.

... I'd have to say Obama probably wouldn't be tweeting classified information about the situation at hand.

LOL! More classified information is being leaked regularly by the deep state and liberal holdovers than President Trump has ever dreamed of.

Nice try though. Cool
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(08-10-2017, 04:02 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 03:34 PM)Dakota Wrote: I'm just glad the former president isn't handling this. That would be big trouble.

The thing is, President Trump technically didn't tweet classified information.  He tweeted a link to a news story that contained said information.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-10-2017, 04:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 04:02 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lol .... Trump was handed North Korea.   Obama was handed an economy spiraling into depression and a scattered war at every end of the Middle East.

The thing is, President Trump technically didn't tweet classified information.  He tweeted a link to a news story that contained said information.

Which was leaked by............ Oh yeah. I already mentioned who in an earlier post before someone stuck their foot in their mouth. Cool
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

This whole North Korea business seems like it's straight out of 1984.

You could put any kind of story in the media about North Korea and most people would believe it.

Now, according to Fox News, China is saying they will defend North Korea if we carry out a pre-emptive strike. They will remain neutral if North Korea attacks us first.

This seems to mean NK is free to carry on with their nuclear program as long as they don't attack us first.

This is not good.

(08-08-2017, 04:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Surprised there isn't a thread on this already.

How does everyone feel about the current situation with North Korea? I am curious to hear how anti-Trump people feel about the way he is handling it.

I'm just glad the former president isn't handling this. That would be big trouble.

We wouldn't know. The press would be in a contest with the North Koreans over who could glorify their Dear Leader in the loftiest terms.

From China's response, the situation is clearly as I described - North Korea is China's rabid dog they keep chained up in the back yard. A war with NK is a war with China. Still eager to get it started? We are moving military assets into China's shadow. I'm not sure how wise that is.

When you get Generals running things, every solution is...WAR! That should be just the ticket for the collapsing economies of both USA and China. /s

(08-11-2017, 02:37 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: From China's response, the situation is clearly as I described - North Korea is China's rabid dog they keep chained up in the back yard.  A war with NK is a war with China.  Still eager to get it started?  We are moving military assets into China's shadow.  I'm not sure how wise that is.  

When you get Generals running things, every solution is...WAR!  That should be just the ticket for the collapsing economies of both USA and China. /s

Not a fair or real assessment. Retired Generals will try most everything to stay away from a war scenario. They know exactly what it's about, have been a part of many detailed planning sessions and most likely have had to deal directly with a family of KIA. They are usually the level headed advisor of those that have zero clues. With that said, there will be necessary tough talk, and maybe even action to ensure the country and the allies they have served and continue to serve will not fall to some big mouth crazy person with a short-man syndrome. Not everyone is cut out for selfless sacrifice or making the tough decision. I feel confident with whom the President has surrounded himself with.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2017, 05:35 PM by The Real Marty.)

(08-11-2017, 05:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Now, according to Fox News, China is saying they will defend North Korea if we carry out a pre-emptive strike.   They will remain neutral if North Korea attacks us first.  

This seems to mean NK is free to carry on with their nuclear program as long as they don't attack us first.  

This is not good.

I know I'm replying to myself, but I think if the Chinese say they will not defend NK if they attack the US first, then the first thing to do is to get their definition of what constitutes an attack on the US.  

Ask them, if NK fires missiles that land within 20 miles of Guam, do they consider that an attack on the US?   In other words, now that they have said that it is possible for them to abandon NK, figure out exactly what they mean.  Get the Chinese to tell us exactly what line NK would have to cross in order for China to stand aside.

That doesn't mean we have to agree with them, but I'd sure like to know more precisely where China would stand if we got into a shooting war with NK.

(08-11-2017, 05:02 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 02:37 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: From China's response, the situation is clearly as I described - North Korea is China's rabid dog they keep chained up in the back yard.  A war with NK is a war with China.  Still eager to get it started?  We are moving military assets into China's shadow.  I'm not sure how wise that is.  

When you get Generals running things, every solution is...WAR!  That should be just the ticket for the collapsing economies of both USA and China. /s

Not a fair or real assessment. Retired Generals will try most everything to stay away from a war scenario. They know exactly what it's about, have been a part of many detailed planning sessions and most likely have had to deal directly with a family of KIA. They are usually the level headed advisor of those that have zero clues. With that said, there will be necessary tough talk, and maybe even action to ensure the country and the allies they have served and continue to serve will not fall to some big mouth crazy person with a short-man syndrome. Not everyone is cut out for selfless sacrifice or making the tough decision. I feel confident with whom the President has surrounded himself with.

That's true.   It's usually the chicken-hawk blow-hard politicians who want to send other people to war, and the generals who have actually seen war who are the last ones to want to go to war.

(08-11-2017, 02:37 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: When you get Generals running things, every solution is...WAR!  That should be just the ticket for the collapsing economies of both USA and China. /s

Actually, I've been very pleasantly surprised with Mattis' calm, collected response. If he and Tillerson can keep Trump's hand (and mouth) away from the big red button, I think we're good.

(08-08-2017, 04:49 PM)TJBender Wrote:

He's handling it? Seems to me like he's just sitting there flapping his gums while the UN (lol) actually imposes sanctions and does something about it.

(08-08-2017, 04:22 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Let that little Turkey try something, his little piss ant country will be a nuclear wasteland for about 10,000 years
And so would the US. Starting a war with North Korea is starting a war with China, and a war with China would quickly involve Russia. You really want to go down that road?

The UN and "doing something about it" in the same sentence is pretty laughable.

China has indicated that should the NorKs make the first offensive move directed at the US, that they're on their own.  Launching a missile at one of our territories would qualify in that regard.  The primary concern from NK isn't so much their nuclear capability as it is the artillery batteries they've got within firing range of 22 million South Koreans living in Seoul.  Figure out how to diffuse that quickly, and North Korea would be toast in a pretty short period of time.

It sounds like our military minds have come up with a couple of solutions that would allow us to take out their nukes, and minimize the risk posed by the artillery batteries, but I think there would still be a considerable amount of collateral damage.

Let's see if the little lunatic makes good on his threats for next week.  Odds are, if he legitimately wants to go nuclear and attack a foreign entity, China will shut him down in an instant.  They don't want WWIII starting on their border.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-11-2017, 06:46 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 02:37 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: When you get Generals running things, every solution is...WAR!  That should be just the ticket for the collapsing economies of both USA and China. /s

Actually, I've been very pleasantly surprised with Mattis' calm, collected response. If he and Tillerson can keep Trump's hand (and mouth) away from the big red button, I think we're good.

I think Trump's instincts are actually pretty good on this.  Diplomatic talk hasn't done anything to curtail the efforts by North Korea to develop nuclear weapons, or delivery systems to launch them.  In fact, it's that crappy diplomatic approach deployed by every administration over the past 20+ years that has brought us to the precipice of war.  Trump truly did inherit a mess here, and I think that his rhetoric is actually refreshing.  In the end, I think it will force a more stringent response from the world community to deal with North Korea, and it won't require a single shot fired...unless the bullet ends up in that giant melon in NK.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

How many billions ya think he'd fly by helicopter in the dead of night as a pay off?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(08-11-2017, 06:57 PM)FBT Wrote: unless the bullet ends up in that giant melon in NK.
He's a smoker, right? I seem to recall a plan to assassinate Castro with an exploding cigar. Think that option's still on the table? Because that'd be a hilarious way for him to go.

Read Sun Tzu you fools. 

China has removed the U.S. military option without firing a shot. 

Now we are reduced to asking China how badly their rabid dog has to misbehave before they decide to stop feeding it.

(08-11-2017, 07:42 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Read Sun Tzu you fools. 

Now we are reduced to asking China how badly their rabid dog has to misbehave before they decide to stop feeding it.

Luckily nobody here needs to. Gen. Mattis is a master strategist and scholar. And if you think this issue is only getting attention now, you'd be mistaken. There have been OPLANs in place since 1953 and they have been massaged over the years.

LOL. Yeah 64 years and no solution. The only things being massaged are the egos and checkbooks of the MIC and the chowder in the heads of the people who think we've got this handled.

(08-11-2017, 07:42 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Read Sun Tzu you fools. 

If China went to war with the US, they would lose their largest market. Their factories would close and their economy would collapse.

Also, whatever debt the US owes them (trillions of dollars) would be zeroed out.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(08-11-2017, 09:18 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: LOL.  Yeah 64 years and no solution.  The only things being massaged are the egos and checkbooks of the MIC and the chowder in the heads of the people who think we've got this handled.

What's the solution? I must have missed your suggestions over the ear piercing whining. Or should we just panic?