Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Petition to change the two-tone helmet...

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 09:18 AM by HankParsons.)

Good morning.

First time poster, long time Jags fan. Any who, this morning I felt compelled enough to join change.org and create a petition to rid of the fugly helmet that Nike forced upon our fair city. 

https://www.change.org/p/shahid-khan-cha...ars-helmet

If everyone that supports this idea would be so kind as to sign the petition, I would greatly appreciate your help.

I'm also thinking about buying some time on the Daily Billboard on I-95 by Emerson. If this gains traction, I'll likely setup a gofundme page to raise funds to get the message out there. Should it escalate from there, we'll see about the next steps of action.

TIA

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm almost positive Khan is aware of all the negative feedback on the uni's and helmets.
They can't change them until next season.

I'm almost positive a change will be coming.

(08-09-2017, 09:18 AM)HankParsons Wrote: Good morning.

First time poster, long time Jags fan. Any who, this morning I felt compelled enough to join change.org and create a petition to rid of the fugly helmet that Nike forced upon our fair city. 

If everyone that supports this idea would be so kind as to sign the petition, I would greatly appreciate your help.

I'm also thinking about buying some time on the Daily Billboard on I-95 by Emerson. If this gains traction, I'll likely setup a gofundme page to raise funds to get the message out there. Should it escalate from there, we'll see about the next steps of action.

TIA

[Image: jiFfM.jpg]

My sig goes here!

Laughing Laughing 

I like the helmets.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 10:00 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Time to go all teal

[Image: 86b11b367cda4f6beefeeac514e41a10.jpg]

(08-09-2017, 09:32 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Laughing Laughing 

I like the helmets.

OK ..... I guess I can actually say this on this new board so here I go ....... I think the current 2-tone helmets look good on our black players but our white dudes kind of look hideous.

(08-09-2017, 09:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Time to go all teal

I like the helmets.

OK ..... I guess I can actually say this on this new board so here I go ....... I think they look good on our black players but our white dudes kind of look hideous.

I don't think we'll ever get that shade... it's so light it is tack-esque and also similar to the shade that Carolina uses

But I'm all for solid Teal or Solid Black helmet
With a primary uni color of teal with black and gold highlights 
and an away of white with teal and black highlights

and an alternate of all black with teal and white

Anything with too much gold/mustard/yellow I'm not a fan of.

I like the helmets.

OK ..... I guess I can actually say this on this new board so here I go ....... I think they look good on our black players but our white dudes kind of look hideous.

Huh?!?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-09-2017, 09:18 AM)HankParsons Wrote: Good morning.

TIA

Were you the guy that started the petition to sign Teblow???
My sig goes here!

Hahahahaha... no, I was not the guy the started the Tebow petition. That was my neighbor.

If you don't think this is a logical way to go about expressing displeasure in our teams helmet, please let me know. Other than posting a killer meme and taking another sweet little dig on who you think I might be, I'd love to hear some suggestions.

TIA

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 10:07 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I like this one for taking notes during the game -- great for drawing up plays as you identify the weaknesses of the defense.

[Image: Southern-Jaquars-Helmet-Desk-Caddy.jpg]

(08-09-2017, 10:00 AM)HankParsons Wrote: Hahahahaha... no, I was not the guy the started the Tebow petition. That was my neighbor.

If you don't think this is a logical way to go about expressing displeasure in our teams helmet, please let me know. Other than posting a killer meme and taking another sweet little dig on who you think I might be, I'd love to hear some suggestions.

TIA

Well.. just a suggestion. I wouldn't spend money on a billboard.
And I doubt you'll get many people to fork over funds to a gofundme just for the sake of a professional sports team changing their helmets and/or uniforms.

But... more power to you for being pro-active as a fan.

If you're going to put a sign on 95, use your own money. Don't waste others.

There are rules that dictate when a team can have design changes. With that being said I am sure that Mr. Khan is fully aware of the bed wetting that has occurred over the helmets and uni's. It has been a topic of discussion since they were introduced on the very message board he used to foot the bill for and throughout the social media universe. His team, his choice.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Good grief.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

So many poisonous people on these forums
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

Talk about disposable income.

I like the helmets.

OK ..... I guess I can actually say this on this new board so here I go ....... I think the current 2-tone helmets look good on our black players but our white dudes kind of look hideous.

Here's a question for this @prosportsedit14 person: Is he color blind or does he simply not know that is not in fact teal?

Is it REALLY worth that much effort?
Huh

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017, 07:46 AM by RicoTx.)

People talk about the team being a laughingstock.  Can you imagine the national media running with this if someone was dopey enough to do it?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Good God. Do we really have this many dip [BLEEP] in our world? Holy [BLEEP] balls. Let's make a petition and buy billboards. [BLEEP] snowflake. Instead of paying for a billboard, just buy a jersey of a team whose colors you like better. [BLEEP] ridiculous.