Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's the latest on Allen Hurns?

Regarding his injury? I haven't heard anything since it happened? Any news?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nothing disclosed publicly by the team. Lageman on Jags Monday, speculated, pure guess without any knowledge, that it may be a concussion.

Whatever the issue... they aren't releasing details on injuries during camp. Campbell has been out with who knows what...

But the team is gonna err on the side of caution. So even if it is minor, I doubt we see Hurns this week...
If it is minor enough I could see him practice by the weekend with some playing time in 2nd preseason game.

Ok thank you both for your replies and insight. I really appreciate it! Jags fan here from Nashville so sometimes I feel out of the loop with local news.

Thanks again!

Trade him to the Jets for Sheldon Richardson.

(08-09-2017, 08:09 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Trade him to the Jets for Sheldon Richardson.

Way too much Jack invested in the DT position at that point.

(08-09-2017, 08:25 PM)Treestone Ice Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 08:09 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Trade him to the Jets for Sheldon Richardson.

Way too much Jack invested in the DT position at that point.

I'd still do it under a couple conditions:

1. We have a long term deal in place with Richardson

2. We have a long term deal in place with Robinson and/or Lee

If it is in fact another concussion for Hurns, I'd really worry about him going the Austin Collie route where you're holding your breath every single hit because it seems like he may die on the field. Even if it's not, that thought pops in my head every time he gets hit.

Richardson is also a legitimate talent and while three big guys on big contracts isn't ideal, he is REALLY athletic for his size. Ngakoue, Jackson, Campbell, Richardson is a scary line that could wreak havoc on the opposing QB.

I'd trade Lee before Hurns. Atleast we know Hurns can go 1000, 10.

Lee is a 800, 3 type.

(08-10-2017, 08:36 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I'd trade Lee before Hurns. Atleast we know Hurns can go 1000, 10.

Lee is a 800, 3 type.

not if he keeps getting concussions and has to sit out weeks at a time

(08-10-2017, 08:36 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I'd trade Lee before Hurns. Atleast we know Hurns can go 1000, 10.

Lee is a 800, 3 type.

I'm probably in the minority, but I agree. I'd rather keep Hurns than Lee.

The next Laurent Robinson. Trade him before its too late.

(08-10-2017, 02:34 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: The next Laurent Robinson.  Trade him before its too late.

Not even close.

Mum is the word with this new regime. It's cool with me. When they are healthy they will play.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

This board. Pure speculation on what's wrong with him and we are already ready to trade him! Comedy hour.

With the Emergence of Dede and Cole, I would push hard to trade Hurns. Send him to the Jets for Richardson or some oline help.

(08-10-2017, 10:54 PM)BklynJag Wrote: With the Emergence of Dede and Cole, I would push hard to trade Hurns. Send him to the Jets for Richardson or some oline help.

I didn't disagree with your trade, but I'd hardly call a couple passes in the first preseason game an emergence.

(08-10-2017, 10:54 PM)BklynJag Wrote: With the Emergence of Dede and Cole, I would push hard to trade Hurns. Send him to the Jets for Richardson or some oline help.

Why trade Hurns? I try and move Greene. He probably won't make the team anyway. Personally, I don't see a need for a big money player like Richardson. I move Greene for some linebacker, secondary or O-Line help or perhaps a draft pick.

Tough call on trading Hurns. On the one hand, we did get him as an undrafted free agent, and the emergence of Arrelious Benn along with expected emergence of Dede Westbrook help to overcome his potential loss. Moreover, the savings on his new contract would make it easier to extend ARob and probably Lee as well. On the flip side, we still can't rely on Lee remaining healthy, and there's certainly a risk that parting with Hurns is something we might regret.
'02

If the injury lingers... he gets IR'd and that makes the decision to keep Cole easier.

Not sure anyone would trade for Hurns... but if we could get a mid round pick... that would be a good deal honestly.
UDFA nets 4th round pick and unloads cap space for AR, Smith deals....

Like I said though... not sure anyone would make this move.

Shane Wynn and Keelan Cole. If Greene sticks, could Hurns get samlped?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~