Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL IMPEACHMENT THREAD ***

(01-26-2020, 07:41 AM)Last42min Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 10:45 PM)mikesez Wrote: I don't know who you are either.  Not personal.  
Both of you seem to think I should view you as experts even though I have no idea what you do for a living or where you learn things.
I at least give links to what I talk about. Stuff from real journalists and real experts.

Even so, JJ constantly links to sources. I used to, before I realized you're a pretentious blowhard that holds everyone else to a different standard than yourself. You stand only on what is convenient to your current argument. I can understand why progressive posters do this: They are operating with a different world view. You don't make this same claim, so your motivation to argue seems to be driven by unearned pompousness. Even after people address every point you make, you just go back to using your original premise to support your position with zero regard to the conversation that came before it.  

Imo, you are the most disingenuous person on this board. You seem to be oblivious to the fact that almost everyone on this board has a problem with the way you argue, which should give you pause, but it doesn't. I would much rather be involved in the point/counterpoint parts of these debates, but your involvement renders that moot. So, I instead choose to waste my time berating you. Fortunately for everyone on this board, I only have the stomach to do it in spurts.

There aren't a lot of people who persistently discuss politics on this board. There's about 10 of you, and 9 out of the 10 have a point of view somewhere to the right of Fox News. There's RJ, but he is satisfied just to tell you that he thinks you're wrong. I'm trying to show you why I think you're wrong. Maybe that makes me a bad person. It obviously annoys you. 
I'm trying to understand what you want. What would be better for you? Do you just want no one to disagree ever? Or do you want people to only disagree briefly without ever explaining why?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 12-28-2019, 01:59 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 01-16-2020, 08:21 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 01-21-2020, 04:06 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by mikesez - 01-21-2020, 04:18 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 01-22-2020, 01:29 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by StroudCrowd1 - 01-22-2020, 01:32 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 01-23-2020, 01:37 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 01-23-2020, 01:43 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 01-23-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by flsprtsgod - 01-23-2020, 03:42 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 01-24-2020, 12:58 PM