Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aaron Colvin

Just curious why the local media always talks about how we won't be able to keep Colvin after this year because he'll go play outside somewhere else and get paid. Maybe I missed it, but what has Colvin done here that's been so great he'll command a good amount of money in free agency? On top of it he's a major history in his past, as well as a PED suspension. I like Colvin as our nickel, but I haven't seen such outstanding play that I'm immediately sold he could play on the outside. He's no Jalen Ramsey. Sorry rant over. I've just heard this a lot lately and don't understand it at all.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like Colvin. Prince and him didn't have a bad season last year in all honesty, but when the QB isn't throwing to Ramsey's side of the field, someone is going to get "picked on." It would be nice to be able to keep him next year because I feel like on paper we have a good corner trio
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

I was huge on Colvin when we drafted him. But after seeing him play over the last few seasons, he's nothing more than just a guy.

Colvin is great. Not just a guy. 

Contract year. Check Aj Bouye... was #4 on Texans depth chart to start last season and cashed in. I wouldn't put it past Colvin to do it too.

Colvin is a solid corner in his own right. Injuries and the suspension last year kind of kept him shelved here and there. But he's a solid player. My guess is that they either get a deal done or he walks because he wants to be a starter and not be hidden behind Ramsey and Bouye once the 2017 comes to an end. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Colvin is great. Not just a guy. 
so then, he's not a J.A.G.

Sorry. I heard someone use the acronym over the weekend (just a guy/ J.A.G.) and I got super offended, super fast.. Being a Jags fan. Thought I'd have a little fun with tha now.  So, kidding, kidding.. Our guys are not "just guys".

Now lemme think...  :geek:  What should my avatar....

Steal of the draft.  Another benefit of coaching in the Senor Bowl.  It's unfair advantages like that which propelled the Jags to where we are today.

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Agreed that Colvin is not "just a guy."

Teams covet CBs so I can certainly understand the interest in Colvin. Hopefully his off-the-field issues will keep teams at bay if they let him test free agency, although I'd love to see him sign an extension this offseason along with Linder, ARob and Telvin.

'02

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2017, 06:17 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

Quote:Contract year. Check Aj Bouye... was #4 on Texans depth chart to start last season and cashed in. I wouldn't put it past Colvin to do it too.
Thread/

Also consider Davon House. G.B.s third corner got paid handsomely via yours truly so one can only imagine what Colvin gets. Nickelbacks can be found in the fifth and we just might have him via the seventh round in this year's draft.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I could see a real like the Browns or Saints signing him to a nice contract
<p style="text-align:center;">[Image: 0mbt2.jpg]

Quote:Colvin is great. Not just a guy.
Hey I like Colvin but the guy has zero career interceptions. Great he is not

Quote:Hey I like Colvin but the guy has zero career interceptions. Great he is not

Sometimes zero INTs means QBs aren't throwing his way. I'm not sure of the numbers breakdown, but I don't recall a ton of passes going Colvin's way.

'02

Quote:Sometimes zero INTs means QBs aren't throwing his way. I'm not sure of the numbers breakdown, but I don't recall a ton of passes going Colvin's way.

I think it's a combination of him not being tested much and I seem to recall him blitzing a good bit.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Fwiw apparently he is in a boot

Quote:Fwiw apparently he is in a boot

Why is Colvin in a boot?

I see he went on IR in December with an ankle, but it's May.

'02

Quote:Why is Colvin in a boot?

I see he went on IR in December with an ankle, but it's May.

Just had someone see him today and apparently he was in a boot. " I just bumped into Aaron Colvin at the juice place in San Marco. He was in a walking boot." That's what someone texted me today

There's a whole mess of CBs coming up in this year's draft. You can fill your order in just about any round.

Losing Colvin can be fixed.

Keeping Colvin may NOT be as expensive as the Jaguars are willing to pay.

Patrick Robinson was a first round pick a few years ago. He's hit 30 now and the Eagles plugged him into their defense for a whopping $790,000. Philly got 710 snaps (68%), 48 tackles and 4 interceptions out of him. He is currently a free agent.

Whatever the Jaguars expect to pay Colvin, they can sign a Patrick Robinson for less.

(02-26-2018, 09:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/2/26/...th-jaguars

Colvin is elite at what the jaguars ask of him and the cohesion he has with the rest of the secondary wouldn't be easily replicated.

I sincerely hope the jags bring him back.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."