Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aaron Colvin

(02-27-2018, 12:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 08:38 AM)Jags239 Wrote: I'd love to have Colvin back, I just hope it doesn't effect our long term plans when Ramsey gets paid. I want Ramsey/Bouye as the Jags long term duo. Unless we have the room to carry 3 high paid CB's I hope Colvin is the odd man out at that point.
My man. You really think they're not going to be able to sign Ramsey?! Like.... They're dumb enough to give Colvin money and at the same time say "Man... if we sign Colvin.... how will we sign Ramsey?!"

My point was when they pay Ramsey. Mainly meaning Colvin replacing Bouye.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-27-2018, 12:31 PM)Jags239 Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 12:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: My man. You really think they're not going to be able to sign Ramsey?! Like.... They're dumb enough to give Colvin money and at the same time say "Man... if we sign Colvin.... how will we sign Ramsey?!"

My point was when they pay Ramsey. Mainly meaning Colvin replacing Bouye.
Well this also isn't true.

They will pay Ramsey after his 5th season. Bouye will be fine and so would Colvin if they choose to resign him. Any signings that take place this year will have no effect on signing young talent like Ngakoue, Jack and Ramsey.

(02-26-2018, 10:13 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: There's a whole mess of CBs coming up in this year's draft. You can fill your order in just about any round.

Losing Colvin can be fixed.

Keeping Colvin may NOT be as expensive as the Jaguars are willing to pay.

Patrick Robinson was a first round pick a few years ago. He's hit 30 now and the Eagles plugged him into their defense for a whopping $790,000. Philly got 710 snaps (68%), 48 tackles and 4 interceptions out of him. He is currently a free agent.

Whatever the Jaguars expect to pay Colvin, they can sign a Patrick Robinson for less.

I'm not sure which one will be less. Robinson turns 31 in September whereas Colvin turns 27 in October. On the flip side, Colvin has zero INTs whereas Robinson just had 4 INTs and was part of a SB winning team. My hope is only one team out there is looking at these two with intentions of signing one for big money, and that the Jaguars end up with the other one for something shy of $10 mil per. 
'02

(02-27-2018, 07:18 AM)ATLjag Wrote: At Oklahoma, he played both corner and strong safety, and it shows.   I like Colvin as he is not afraid to be an aggressive tackler, in addition to good coverage skills from the nickel.    I think someone is going to give him a contract in the $6.5-8.5m per  year range.  If the Jags want him back, they can now afford him.

I'd be perfectly content paying Colvin, or Robinson for that matter, as much as $9.5 mil per. I just fear that possibly more than one team is looking to pay them $12 to $14 mil to start outside, and I don't see the Jaguars going there.

'02

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2018, 08:51 PM by knarnn.)

A couple of cryptic messages: 

[Image: DXFGM-nWsAAWw4I?format=jpg&name=small]

Did the Jags give Colvin a low ball offer?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Let's face it- football is a business. Colvin played well last year, but he is not worth overpaying for. I'd love to see them keep him, but at a reasonable price. I can't blame the guy if he leaves to go to a team offering him several million more on his contract. As was already noted, there are several good nickel players who can be drafted in the middle rounds. That's what I expect the Jags to do to find his replacement.

Another average player vastly overrated by this fan base.

(03-01-2018, 12:23 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Another average player vastly overrated by this fan base.

He's not an average player. And I don't think he's vastly overrated by this fan base. I think most fans realize that he's been a steal for a former 4TH RD selection. And he's been virtually unstoppable covering out of the slot position. And god forbid, if something happens to Ramsey or Bouye we at least felt comfortable with Colvin moving up the depth chart. 

It just depends on what kind of money the team is willing to throw at him to get him to stay. If it's too much and he walks then so be it. But to say he's "average" or "overrated" is pretty naive. And I don't think the slot coverage is just something you can patch up with a new face and feel comfortable with.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I rather them pay 8M for a guard than 8M for a slot corner. I am saying 8M because Oesher and Sexton both agreed that would be the ballpark amount.

He's a far better than average slot corner but if you are starting to get cap strapped, which we will be soon, slot corner (and guard for that matter) are two of the most replaceable positions to find and get at least adequate play out of. We should just let him go IMO.

(03-01-2018, 01:18 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I rather them pay 8M for a guard than 8M for a slot corner. I am saying 8M because Oesher and Sexton both agreed that would be the ballpark amount.

Hmmm... Free Agent01 thought I was crazy when I suggested Colvin would get 8 to 10 mil per year.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(03-01-2018, 05:03 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 01:18 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I rather them pay 8M for a guard than 8M for a slot corner. I am saying 8M because Oesher and Sexton both agreed that would be the ballpark amount.

Hmmm... Free Agent01 thought I was crazy when I suggested Colvin would get 8 to 10 mil per year.

That's what I'm hoping we can get him for. The only crazy part about this is that he's probably getting more to play outside somewhere else.

My guess is we end up signing Colvin, or the older Patrick Robinson, for right about $9.5 mil per.

'02

He’s a nice player but the priority needs to be resigning Allen Robinson first and foremost. If Colvin doesn’t want a decent but team friendly deal, he can and should go elsewhere
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>