Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
People are idiots

So yesterday I'm driving home and this little punk kid and his buddies come flying up on the [BLEEP] of my car, swerving, just being stupid. So I brake check him and flip him the bird. 

He then flies up next to me puts his window down and starts with the "you want to [BLEEP] fight me? Let's pull over!" When I yell back "easy tank top, I don't even know who you are" he responds with a "you're a [BLEEP] pull over and suck my...." And proceeds to get in front of my trying to get me to pull over at every median turn around. 

I eventually let him get ahead of me, pull a u turn, and take a different route home. 

I'm not going to fight you and your little friends. I'm an adult, with a good job, a child, and well, not 17 anymore. I have my gun in my center console, but I can't exactly pull over and then pull a gun out to scare these kids. 

I've never been one to start a fight, but I can hold my own if I need to. But come on, if someone flips you off sets you off that bad, you might need to grow up a bit. Especially when you're the instigator. Luckily I didn't have my daughter in the car with me. 

Just wanted to vent about these damn kids *insert grumpy old man joke*
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Apparently not adult enough to not brake check a tailgater.

(08-09-2017, 06:58 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Apparently not adult enough to not brake check a tailgater.

It was a slight tap of the brakes to get them to realize "hey, that's not cool" 

Maybe a bit childish, but not even close to starting a fight with a stranger over something so silly.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Yeah, you've gotta watch what you do on the roads these days. Too many lunatics. With young douchebags like that, I find pulling out your phone as if your recording them seems to make them disappear in a hurry. Such a bad [BLEEP] until the law catches up to you and mommy and daddy find out.

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017, 07:14 AM by Monty.)

I feel you. There's a TON of horrible drivers out on the road. It's really hard to control road rage sometimes but I try to think about my wife and kids when someone is driving like a tool around me. "It's not worth it...it's not worth it....it's not worth it...." I know a guy that got a Xanax script for road rage control. I've considered it a few times.
Huh

Yeah, I would never break check anyone. While the kid may have been in the wrong, you kind of incited him to do more.

(08-09-2017, 06:28 PM)mvannostran Wrote: So yesterday I'm driving home and this little punk kid and his buddies come flying up on the [BLEEP] of my car, swerving, just being stupid. So I brake check him and flip him the bird. 

LOL .... I have a Jeep with Iron bumpers so i have to admit that I do the same.  Luckily, I live in Ponte Vedra so chances are I can kick most of the 60-80 year old ladies that I have most of my confrontations with.

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017, 01:12 PM by Dakota.)

I literally just got hit by a car in my neighborhood. I was taking out my recycling, and they nailed me going about 20 MPH. They took off. I am scraped up something bad.

Couldn't get the tag #.

I'm hurting though.

Not sure if this image will work from FB, but here it is.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=3&theater
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(08-10-2017, 12:56 PM)Dakota Wrote: I literally just got hit by a car in my neighborhood. I was taking out my recycling, and they nailed me going about 20 MPH. They took off. I am scraped up something bad.

Couldn't get the tag #.

I'm hurting though.

Cripes, man!  I hope you're okay!

Keep one eye looking upward in case an anvil just randomly drops from the sky!

As far as getting into a confrontation with crappy drivers, there used to be a code.  We live in a different world today where a case of road rage has the potential to end up with someone headed to the morgue.  It's not worth it.  These geniuses think they're invincible.  Sadly, some find out how wrong they are eventually.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

This is what becomes of kids when schools let CNN in to interview them.

(08-10-2017, 12:56 PM)Dakota Wrote: I literally just got hit by a car in my neighborhood. I was taking out my recycling, and they nailed me going about 20 MPH. They took off. I am scraped up something bad.

Couldn't get the tag #.

I'm hurting though.

Go to everyone on your street and see if anyone has home security cameras that might have caught the car!!

I hope you're okay!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(08-10-2017, 02:00 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Couldn't get the tag #.

I'm hurting though.

Go to everyone on your street and see if anyone has home security cameras that might have caught the car!!

I hope you're okay!!

THIS. I actually know someone up in NY who helped catch a hit and run driver this way.

(08-10-2017, 04:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 02:00 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Go to everyone on your street and see if anyone has home security cameras that might have caught the car!!

I hope you're okay!!

THIS. I actually know someone up in NY who helped catch a hit and run driver this way.

The Police checked for that. No luck.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Damn Dakota. Glad your ok.

(08-10-2017, 10:34 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: Yeah, I would never break check anyone. While the kid may have been in the wrong, you kind of incited him to do more.

My tough guy days (if I had any) have long since passed. I look the other way on everything now, no matter how egregious it seemed. I know that in just seconds, the situation will pass and essentially be forgotten.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Sheesh Dakota. Glad you're ok
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-10-2017, 06:32 PM)PF* Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 10:34 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: Yeah, I would never break check anyone.  While the kid may have been in the wrong, you kind of incited him to do more.

My tough guy days (if I had any) have long since passed. I look the other way on everything now, no matter how egregious it seemed. I know that in just seconds, the situation will pass and essentially be forgotten.

Yup.  As crazy as the world has gotten, you never know what you're going to be dealing with if you decide to bow up against someone.  There are road rage stories almost weekly from around the country where someone decided to open fire on someone.  It's just not worth the risk.  Like you said, within a short time, the situation has passed and we've moved on.  No sense in risking life and limb for an impulse reaction.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I personally think that it's a culture that we've been breeding lately.  So many people feel like they are "entitled".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2017, 12:25 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Couldn't get the tag #.

I'm hurting though.

OMG you're a real person

... my virtual world real world are colliding !!!

(08-11-2017, 12:25 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Couldn't get the tag #.

I'm hurting though.

OMG you're a real person

... my virtual world real world are colliding !!!

It's just your imagination.... Cool