Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags reportedly interested in AJ McCarron

Benjamin Albright, who is very reliable with his sources tweeted info on McCarron. He said team's have inquired about him. And I asked if the Jags were one of them. His response "Funny you should ask that, working on something. "   

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/...3106590721

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As someone who lives in the Cincinnati area and has seen McCarron play on a regular basis, I would not deal for him. To me, he's an Alex Smith type. Not that he's athletic, but he's safe. He's not going to turn the ball over a lot, but he's also not much of a playmaker. The Bengals think they can get a lot for him and I'd rather just draft someone. This QB class appears to be better than we've had in several years (depending upon who declares,) and we wouldn't have to give up anything to get one.

And there it is.

@AlbrightNFL One of the teams leaked to me that inquired about AJ McCarron: #Jaguars

I heard a recording of the phone call, crazy stuff, the transcript is below.

Tom Coughlin: "I understand you have a backup QB you want to trade, we're possibly interested in a backup QB, what are you looking for in exchange?"

Mike Brown: "we think he's big-time starting material and worth a top of the draft *click* hello? Hello?"

Gotta give credit to Bklyn for bringing this to light in another thread:

@AllbrightNFL

One of the teams leaked to me that inquired about AJ McCarron: #Jaguars
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I started a thread in the Jags section about it. Mods feel free to merge where you see fit.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If true, I'd read between the lines and say management isn't too happy with what they've seen from BB this training camp.

Just screams Beurlein/Brunell situation again to me. If true.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017, 03:52 PM by TheAll22.)

They rejected a 2nd rounder lolz

and BCC is the last to know as usual

It's true. Benjamin Albright is the real deal.

Hang on to the pick. Use it to trade up for a signal caller this year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017, 03:54 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Too bad they want a 1st, never gonna happen

A 3rd or 4th would do it in a heart beat
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

when Bortles has a bad game tonight, Coughlin will be offering a 1st rounder at 9pm.

I personally wouldn't read too much into this.  Looking through his tweets about this he also says "The team that offered a 2nd rounder for McCarron was not #Broncos, I'm told about a 6-7 teams have softly inquired about him since the draft" and then follows up that the Jags were one of them.  He doesn't offer any time frame or further details.  We could be surprised but my guess is we are hearing about something that happened a while ago.

I heard he purchased a house in Ponte Vedra.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017, 04:04 PM by TheAll22.)

TJ Yeldon and a 3rd ? 

Think about it, you also get: 

[Image: 13_katherine-webb_04.jpg]

(08-10-2017, 04:00 PM)TheAll22 Wrote: TJ Yeldon and a 3rd ?

Why would they want Yeldon when they have Bernard, Hill, and just drafted Mixon?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-10-2017, 04:03 PM)Rico Wrote:

Why would they want Yeldon when they have Bernard, Hill, and just drafted Mixon?

I totally forgot they took Mixon .. Give em something

Think about it, you also get: 

[Image: 13_katherine-webb_04.jpg]

.... makes you wonder how Kaepernick and his $50 million ended up with this thing .....

[Image: Nessa.JPG]

I like the interest in McCarron, but I'm glad we didn't give up a 1st round pick to get him. Sooner or later, the Bengals will have to fish or cut bait with either McCarron or Dalton.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!