Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack can't tackle

What do we do now?

I've never seen a starting LB this bad at tackling. 
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017, 09:04 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

(08-10-2017, 08:57 PM)Jags02 Wrote: What do we do now?

I've never seen a starting LB this bad at tackling. 

I saw him pop a few guys pretty good. I'm more worried about his lack of awareness in coverage. I noted during the gameday thread that nothing is jumping out about him. If this is our MLB of the future I'm a little worried. I wouldn't go as far to say he's terrible but I'm not seeing good lateral speed or a nose for the ball. He's a young raw player in a new position so I'm withholding judgement. He's got live film to look at this is where we lean on the coaching to point this stuff out and help him correct it.
No pain, no gain.

I think he'll be fine. He's never played MLB before. Give him a ton of reps the next two weeks.

Worst case you just swap him and Poz back
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

There were at least three horrendous whiffs on his part where he had the RB lined up but let him slip right through his hands. It was bad. So what if he can hit. DBs can hit. We need a MLB who can tackle.

I'm thinking just move Poz back and start Audie Cole at SLB. ...or else start McNary at MLB and keep Poz where he is.

'02

You should have seen the Atl preseason game last year. He dominated one quarter with his tackling.

I haven't seen much from him to be excited about so far
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Looks hesitant out there. Move him back to the outside, dumb head coach

I logged in to specifically make this thread, but you beat me to it. Myles Jack is nothing special. He's just an average middle line backer. More speed than Poz but he can't tackle worth a lick.

I'm being dead serious when I say Blair Brown is a better MLB than Jack. Jack is a converted RB that don't know how to play LB. Blair Brown is more fluid and more tenacity.

And Henne has way more command of the offense than Bortles. If he was a rookie, he would start over Blake.

Way out of position most times and trying to chase down missed assignments.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Jack don't have a clue. Let Brown be our MLB and put Jack back outside. Sit Poz

Seriously?

Jack is learning a new position while being the QB of the defense. I think it's fair to say there may be a bit of a learning curve. Are we ready to write him off already? Hell it took Telvin half his rookie season to even be decent enough to get on the field as he had a bit of a learning curve too. And he didn't have to call plays. How about we give Jack a chance?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He looked terrible out there. Hopefully he catches on.

Jack was a top 5 pick if wasn't for his knee. 1 game at a new position and not all pro? Take him out behind the woodshed. Seriously this thread is lacking in judgement.

Good to see the SIF brigade is still in full effect.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

(08-10-2017, 10:22 PM)knarnn Wrote: Seriously?

Jack is learning a new position while being the QB of the defense. I think it's fair to say there may be a bit of a learning curve. Are we ready to write him off already? Hell it took Telvin half his rookie season to even be decent enough to get on the field as he had a bit of a learning curve too. And he didn't have to call plays. How about we give Jack a chance?

This exactly. But what other than a hasty decision should be made by us jags fans lol. He needs time to get the MLB position down. I'm still confident he'll get it. If we can give Fowler a chance over and over, he deserves at least that.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Jesus Christ some of you people are pathetic and have it all figured out.

What does staying in your gap, shedding blockers, and missing tackles have to do with "new position"? Those are LB fundamentals that he is failing at. Better improve next game. And to think of all those screaming last year about him not playing enough. Now ya know why!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-10-2017, 10:47 PM)trunt87 Wrote: Jesus Christ some of you people are pathetic and have it all figured out.

That's some premium irony, right there.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

He struggled last year as well when he played.

Care to elaborate roller gag?