Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack can't tackle

Beside a career high 14 tackles yesterday Myles played all 79 snaps on defense (him, Bouye, Ramsey and Telvin being the only ones always on he field). Gone are the Bradley times when he played 13-14 snaps at the OTTO.

Poz played just 8 snaps yesterday according to Ryan O'Halloran because they were in nickel most of the time and in fact in the second half he wasn't on the field because Texans were in chase mode.

Considering this was the first full game Jack was responsible for lining up the defense it was definitely a nice showing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Member when everyone was freaking out about Jack not being able to tackle?

Member???
I member...

Gotta love the way this Defense is shaping up and playing!

Jack yesterday was a Terror!
Campbell 
Yannick
Fowler
Telvin 
Malik
Abry 
Ramsey
Bouye
Church
Gipson 

I mean,, WOW!! What a crew of players if they can continue with the level they each played at yesterday.

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE

(09-11-2017, 09:47 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Beside a career high 14 tackles yesterday Myles played all 79 snaps on defense (him, Bouye, Ramsey and Telvin being the only ones always on he field). Gone are the Bradley times when he played 13-14 snaps at the OTTO.

Poz played just 8 snaps yesterday according to Ryan O'Halloran because they were in nickel most of the time and in fact in the second half he wasn't on the field because Texans were in chase mode.

Considering this was the first full game Jack was responsible for lining up the defense it was definitely a nice showing.

Wow, only 8 snaps! He was really good in coverage last season, so that's pretty surprising.

Great game from Jack though. And he's being used properly - which is to say, he's actually being used now.

(09-11-2017, 11:43 AM)git\er_done Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 09:47 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Beside a career high 14 tackles yesterday Myles played all 79 snaps on defense (him, Bouye, Ramsey and Telvin being the only ones always on he field). Gone are the Bradley times when he played 13-14 snaps at the OTTO.

Wow, only 8 snaps! He was really good in coverage last season, so that's pretty surprising.

Great game from Jack though. And he's being used properly - which is to say, he's actually being used now.

Poz was good in coverage?! What team were you watching?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-11-2017, 11:49 AM)mvannostran Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 11:43 AM)git\er_done Wrote: Wow, only 8 snaps! He was really good in coverage last season, so that's pretty surprising.

Poz was good in coverage?! What team were you watching?

[Image: LB-coverage-2016.png]
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

When we face the tacks next week, an old school thick-necked run stuffing MLB like Poz will be of serious value. You can bet your butt he'll be on for more than 8 snaps too.

Having M-Jack in nickel and Poz in base is a win/win scenario my friends. I think it's a bit of a luxury for our defense.

(09-11-2017, 01:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 11:49 AM)mvannostran Wrote: Poz was good in coverage?! What team were you watching?

[Image: LB-coverage-2016.png]

There is no way Poz is on the same planet as Kuechly in coverage. I like Poz, but there's just no way.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-11-2017, 02:12 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 01:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [Image: LB-coverage-2016.png]

There is no way Poz is on the same planet as Kuechly in coverage. I like Poz, but there's just no way.
in zone yes. he just cant play man to save his life

Poz was never as bad in coverage as people scream. Look, I didn't make this chart. Remember, Poz was in during zone and man last year so the grades are pretty telling. This year we have the luxury of having a cover type LB.

(09-11-2017, 02:12 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 01:49 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [Image: LB-coverage-2016.png]

Either way, you making me seem like I was way off base, now makes you now seem way off base. So what team were YOU watching?

(09-11-2017, 03:49 PM)git\er_done Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 02:12 PM)mvannostran Wrote: There is no way Poz is on the same planet as Kuechly in coverage. I like Poz, but there's just no way.

Either way, you making me seem like I was way off base, now makes you now seem way off base. So what team were YOU watching?
What does this even mean? I'm simply sharing info (facts). Man, people are so quick to get all defensive and lose their [BLEEP]! What do you want to be right about so we can move on? Kuechly is great in coverage. Poz sucks. Feel better? The point is/was, Poz is not this crap coverage guy you believe he is. Stats don't show it a weakness and neither does the film. That doesn't mean I can't welcome a younger Jack and his athleticism in on passing downs.

All 3 of Houston's TEs are expected to be out this upcoming week, this was Jacks's doing.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-11-2017, 06:38 PM)Kcirred Wrote: All 3 of Houston's TEs are expected to be out this upcoming week, this was Jacks's doing.

He also knocked WR Ellington out on the INT he had that was negated by a penalty that never happened. 

As president of the Myles Jack fan club, this thread is even funnier to look at now.

(09-12-2017, 10:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

He's on IR now.

(09-12-2017, 10:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 06:38 PM)Kcirred Wrote: All 3 of Houston's TEs are expected to be out this upcoming week, this was Jacks's doing.

He also knocked WR Ellington out on the INT he had that was negated by a penalty that never happened. 

Man that penalty still has me questioning life. Officials really have no clue half the time. Fans get upset better throw a flag.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2017, 04:03 AM by knarnn.)

I'll just leave this right here...

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF/status/91...72/photo/1

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-04-2017, 04:01 AM)knarnn Wrote: I'll just leave this right here...

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF/status/91...72/photo/1

LOL...re-reading the OP and some other posts now.. Big Grin

Jack has also already played more snaps this season than the entire 2016 season and at the start of the Jets game he already he had more tackles than the entire last year.