Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Keelan Cole

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017, 11:35 PM by knarnn.)

I think he's forced his way on the roster tonight. He was already lighting up training camp and now he's carried it over to the games. There's no way we're sneaking him on the PS. Big, fast, and can catch everything. I think we've found our next Allen Hurns.

I'm thinking:

ARob
Hurns
Lee
Westbrook 
Benn
Cole

Greene and Wynn are going to be battling to determine whether or not the Jags can afford to keep a 7th WR.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-10-2017, 11:34 PM)knarnn Wrote: I think he's forced his way on the roster tonight. There's no way we're sneaking him on the PS. Big, fast, and can catch everything. I think we've found our next Allen Hurns.

I'm thinking:

ARob
Hurns
Lee
Westbrook 
Benn
Cole

Greene and Wynn are going to be battling to determine whether or not the Jags can afford to keep a 7th WR.

Though talent wise, keeping a 7th WR might be the best thing, I don't see that happening because it would cause dangerously low depth at another position.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2017, 11:42 PM by knarnn.)

(08-10-2017, 11:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 11:34 PM)knarnn Wrote: I think he's forced his way on the roster tonight. There's no way we're sneaking him on the PS. Big, fast, and can catch everything. I think we've found our next Allen Hurns.

I'm thinking:

ARob
Hurns
Lee
Westbrook 
Benn
Cole

Though talent wise, keeping a 7th WR might be the best thing, I don't see that happening because it would cause dangerously low depth at another position.

I agree. The only positions I think the Jags can go light on is the offensive line as both Bowanko and Poutasi can play inside and out and Wells showed tonight that he can play on the right side as a swing tackle. Maybe we could go light at LB and TE as well? The D-line will probably be the deepest group when it's all said and done.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He's special. He's a self-described student of the game. He stretches the field which is very dangerous when you have play-action with Fournette.

(08-10-2017, 11:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

I'm thinking:

ARob
Hurns
Lee
Westbrook 
Benn
Cole

I agree with you, Bullseye. Especially think we'll end up carrying three quarterbacks again this season. I could see one of Wynn, Cole, or Greene having a "soft tissue injury" later on during the preseason which lands them on IR though.

(08-11-2017, 12:30 AM)Tuxedo Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 11:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Though talent wise, keeping a 7th WR might be the best thing, I don't see that happening because it would cause dangerously low depth at another position.

I agree with you, Bullseye. Especially think we'll end up carrying three quarterbacks again this season. I could see one of Wynn, Cole, or Greene having a "soft tissue injury" later on during the preseason which lands them on IR though.

The dreaded season ending hang nail.

We aren't keeping 7. I think Greene is gone. And as much as I admire the young man, wouldn't be surprised if they shop Hurns.

As of now, I'm:
1) Arob
2) Lee
3) Hurns
4) Westbrook
5) Benn -ST- and works his butt off.
6) Cole

(08-11-2017, 12:43 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote: We aren't keeping 7.  I think Greene is gone.  And as much as I admire the young man, wouldn't be surprised if they shop Hurns.  

As of now, I'm:
1) Arob
2) Lee
3) Hurns
4) Westbrook
6) Cole

Barring injury, I think this is the likely depth chart.

(08-11-2017, 12:43 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote: We aren't keeping 7.  I think Greene is gone.  And as much as I admire the young man, wouldn't be surprised if they shop Hurns.  

As of now, I'm:
1) Arob
2) Lee
3) Hurns
4) Westbrook
6) Cole

I highly doubt we shop Hurns this year. At least not until we have ARob and/or Lee locked up to long term extensions. Knowing how often our WRs get injured it certainly doesn't hurt to have the extra depth. If anything, Coughlin is currently on the horn trying to shop Greene for a late round pick.

He's literally another Allen Hurns story. Guy who has been killing it at camp and is killing it in pre-season. We went through a drought where we couldn't find any receivers now we have too many. Figures.

I would be getting on the phone tomorrow and seeing if we could get anything for Rashad Greene. Cole is too good to cut. He gives us a true deep threat. Benn is a decent receiver and is way too valuable on special teams as a gunner. Westbrook gives us the ability to be a special return guy as well as a deep threat as a receiver. With all those factors playing against him, Greene should not make this team, but I believe we could get something for him in a deal. Maybe some Linebacker or Safety depth or perhaps a draft pick. Either would be alright with me.

(08-11-2017, 01:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would be getting on the phone tomorrow and seeing if we could get anything for Rashad Greene. Cole is too good to cut. He gives us a true deep threat. Benn is a decent receiver and is way too valuable on special teams as a gunner. Westbrook gives us the ability to be a special return guy as well as a deep threat as a receiver. With all those factors playing against him, Greene should not make this team, but I believe we could get something for him in a deal. Maybe some Linebacker or Safety depth or perhaps a draft pick. Either would be alright with me.

I wouldn't count on being able to get a pick for Greene. 
'02

Greene has a knack for returning punts. This is going to be the toughest decision during cuts. What a refreshing problem!

(08-11-2017, 04:35 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 01:30 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would be getting on the phone tomorrow and seeing if we could get anything for Rashad Greene. Cole is too good to cut. He gives us a true deep threat. Benn is a decent receiver and is way too valuable on special teams as a gunner. Westbrook gives us the ability to be a special return guy as well as a deep threat as a receiver. With all those factors playing against him, Greene should not make this team, but I believe we could get something for him in a deal. Maybe some Linebacker or Safety depth or perhaps a draft pick. Either would be alright with me.

I wouldn't count on being able to get a pick for Greene. 

I wouldn't be so sure. Look at the Jets current roster. He could go to that ream right now and be one of their top 3 leading receivers. I'm sure that could net us at least a 7th rounder.

6 is already heavy at WR... no way they keep a 7th...

I'll say this... to avoid a knee jerk reaction after 1 game, I'll say Greene can still make this team he just has to outperform Benn through 3 more preseason games.
OR hope that Cole disappears the rest of preseason making him more likely for PS

Then again... we still have a lot of preseason to go to get everyone through healthy so there's ways for everyone to find a spot I suppose.

(08-11-2017, 09:17 AM)Kane Wrote: 6 is already heavy at WR... no way they keep a 7th...

I'll say this... to avoid a knee jerk reaction after 1 game, I'll say Greene can still make this team he just has to outperform Benn through 3 more preseason games.
OR hope that Cole disappears the rest of preseason making him more likely for PS

Then again... we still have a lot of preseason to go to get everyone through healthy so there's ways for everyone to find a spot I suppose.

Benn has shown up more than any WR aside from ARob in camp. I've been so impressed that I'm convinced he's virtually locked down his roster spot.
'02

I like K Cole.

Cole world.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(08-11-2017, 09:33 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 09:17 AM)Kane Wrote: 6 is already heavy at WR... no way they keep a 7th...

Benn has shown up more than any WR aside from ARob in camp. I've been so impressed that I'm convinced he's virtually locked down his roster spot.

I agree. Benn's coverage skills in the return game make him a valuable asset on special teams. The addition of Westbrook as a return man, makes Greene more likely to be the one that is moved.

Next step is to see if he can keep this level of play against the 1s. My crush on this kid keeps getting bigger.
Only a chump boos the home team!

1 game guys. 1 pre season game. Let's see how he performs the rest of the pre season
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA