Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Elliott Suspended 6 Games?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...six-games/

Now Dallas still has a very good OL, and they are deep at RB, but now we'll see what Prescott is about.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2017, 12:47 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...mes-by-nfl

Unreal. Just be accused and you get thrown under the bus. Is it not innocent until proven guilty any more? I'm getting quite tired of the NFL's antics when it comes to 'player conduct'. Even if you live in a vault and only come out to play ball, all it takes is 1 accusation and 6 games gone. Unreal.

Delete mods, Bullseye beat me Smile

Yeah you beat me to it, posted one thread too. Just stupid imo. This is America, he wasn't guilty of anything. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

I merged the threads together.

I think that the NFL got this wrong personally.  Though I don't know all of the details regarding the case, to suspend a player based on allegations when said player was never arrested or charged with anything... that seems to be a bit much as far as I'm concerned.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Just because you aren't charged and found guilty doesn't mean you aren't guilty. I'm willing to bet the NFL did a more thorough investigation than the cops did. He's been in trouble a few times since he's gotten into the league...this may be a culmination of it.

He's got to clean it up.

Wow that it insane. NFL does have the right to do whatever they want with how they suspend their employees though, regardless of actual law. Zeke is on some thinnnnnnnn ice from this point forward.

He deserves it. My sister n law and her husband are annoying buckeye fans that won't listen to anything criticizing the buckeyes. They went on the buckeye cruise for cancer this past year. They mentioned every player was nice and engaging to talk to, except Elliott. Seemed to be drunk often, during scheduled signing times he sort of pushed himself back further from the table, had his hat low and never looked up, had someone hand him the things to sign. Also heard from multiple people he got in a fight in the beach at a stop and refused to take pictures with cancer survivors. Sorry for the punctuation, annoying to type on my phone.

Karma... she's a [BLEEP].

Not proven guilty? OK. That's why he's not serving jail time.
Making the shield look bad? Yep... that's why he's getting 6 games (which I think he can or at least try to probably appeal to reduce to 4)

There's too much smoke for there to be no fire, right?
Even if it's been put out and the coals are just smoldering now... the skirt incident with the Paddys day or mardi gras or whatever..
the excessive speeding.

This will hopefully put a lil slow in his roll and he can get right.

I approve.

You can violate the NFL conduct policy and not break the law.
And from everything I've read, the NFL has done its due diligence.

This kid is no choir boy. According to the NFL, they had plenty of evidence. I don't think he'd get a 6 game suspension if he was innocent.

The NFL is now hated by two of the larger fan bases in the league with the Pats and the Cowboys....Goodell is really making friends. I have to think he's letting these owners know behind closed doors whats going on. Goodell can't upset two of the most powerful owners in the NFL without the hopes of keeping his job (maybe he doesn't want to keep it).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...suspension

Pursuant to the Personal Conduct Policy, Commissioner Goodell sought the views of four external advisors (see below) to assist him in evaluating potential violations. These experts range in experience from law enforcement, judicial and public service, and other specialized subject areas.

The advisors participated in a meeting on June 26, 2017 in New York City with Elliott, who was represented by his legal team and the NFL Players Association. The group also reviewed the league's investigative reports and materials, the expert medical reports, and multiple NFL Players Association submissions on Elliott's behalf.

In a letter to Elliott advising him of the decision, Todd Jones, the NFL's Special Counsel for Conduct, said these advisors "were of the view that there is substantial and persuasive evidence supporting a finding that [Elliott] engaged in physical violence against Ms. Thompson on multiple occasions during the week of July 16, 2016."

--From NFL statement

Don't yank the tops off of women on parade floats if you don't like suspensions. The visual evidence there made a lot of the circumstantial evidence more believable.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(08-11-2017, 01:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I merged the threads together.

I think that the NFL got this wrong personally.  Though I don't know all of the details regarding the case, to suspend a player based on allegations when said player was never arrested or charged with anything... that seems to be a bit much as far as I'm concerned.

If this entire thing evaporates into the ether, the league is going to have to do a ton of tap dancing.  Goodell and his iron fist with an itchy trigger finger.  I get it that the league has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to situations like this, but seriously, let the system do its thing first maybe?

Now, the fact that this is happening to Jerry Jones? I'm all for it.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 08:34 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Zeke looks like a guy who beats women. It won't be the last time he does this. I predict he will be out of the league In 3 years.

Personal accountability has never been a strong point with the cowgirls.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

The guy deserved 6 games just based on the parade video alone. If you haven't seen it, look it up. It's all over the internet. He pulls down a woman's top in the middle of a parade, where tons of kids are. Who does that? If you or I had done that, we'd be in jail or facing a sexual harassment lawsuit (rightfully). Personally, I'm happy to see the NFL taking a harsher stand on such idiotic behavior.

From the things I've read, it was more than just one incident. He's done this type of thing more than once so he's getting reprimanded for it. This is after a 13 month investigation.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

you can see pics of the victims bruises on tmz. they posted them. guess the police investigated the incidents, but the presecutors said there wasn't enough solid evidence to prosecute, therefore no charges were brought.

The league isn't the prosecutors office. They don't need evidence to punish players.
New England Patriot Fan

(08-12-2017, 06:27 PM)Pape Wrote: you can see pics of the victims bruises on tmz. they posted them. guess the police investigated the incidents, but the presecutors said there wasn't enough solid evidence to prosecute, therefore no charges were brought.

The league isn't the prosecutors office. They don't need evidence to punish players.

It's not that the league doesn't need evidence, it's that they don't need undisputed proof like the D.A. did in order to prosecute. Unlike the legal system, the NFL can use the circumstantial evidence that they collected to form an opinion. They don't hold themselves to the same standards that the prosecutors office is held to. I'm fine with that. Most of the time, where there's smoke, there's fire. It's about time for these guys to start getting punished.