Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Elliott Suspended 6 Games?

Those sure were some nice boobies!!!! Banana Big Grin Banana 

The fact she was so free with them herself makes that incident a non-issue.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-12-2017, 07:38 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Those sure were some nice boobies!!!! Banana Big Grin Banana 

The fact she was so free with them herself makes that incident a non-issue.

LOL.  You made me look it up.  Yes they were nice.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 10:51 AM by Pape.)

(08-12-2017, 07:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It's not that the league doesn't need evidence, it's that they don't need undisputed proof like the D.A. did in order to prosecute. Unlike the legal system, the NFL can use the circumstantial evidence that they collected to form an opinion. They don't hold themselves to the same standards that the prosecutors office is held to. I'm fine with that. Most of the time, where there's smoke, there's fire. It's about time for these guys to start getting punished.

The problem with the way the League Office handles things is that half the time they react based on public opinion. They make arbitrary decisions and their punishments are basically based on how much a certain topic has resonated with the public.

Two parallel cases, two completely different outcomes:
Ezekiel Elliot gets 6 games for a dv violation
Josh Brown, the Giants kicker, gets 1 game

Where is the consistency?

The NFL is suspending these players, who often face large financial penalties as a result. The League owes it to the players to investigate fully and not to make such impactful decisions based on hearsay and/or circumstantial evidence. The League has a duty to be better than that. They shouldn't base disciplinary decisions on which ever way the wind is blowing, its not fair to the players or the fans.
New England Patriot Fan

(08-16-2017, 10:50 AM)Pape Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 07:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It's not that the league doesn't need evidence, it's that they don't need undisputed proof like the D.A. did in order to prosecute. Unlike the legal system, the NFL can use the circumstantial evidence that they collected to form an opinion. They don't hold themselves to the same standards that the prosecutors office is held to. I'm fine with that. Most of the time, where there's smoke, there's fire. It's about time for these guys to start getting punished.

The problem with the way the League Office handles things is that half the time they react based on public opinion. They make arbitrary decisions and their punishments are basically based on how much a certain topic has resonated with the public.

Two parallel cases, two completely different outcomes:
Ezekiel Elliot gets 6 games for a dv violation
Josh Brown, the Giants kicker, gets 1 game

Where is the consistency?

The NFL is suspending these players, who often face large financial penalties as a result. The League owes it to the players to investigate fully and not to make such impactful decisions based on hearsay and/or circumstantial evidence.  The League has a duty to be better than that. They shouldn't base disciplinary decisions on which ever way the wind is blowing, its not fair to the players or the fans.

There isn't any.
And Goodell has proven he doesn't need to rule with any. The current CBA gives him almighty power.

Ray Rice was a debacle that almost cost him his 40 million a year gig. (Holy more than QB money batman)
Josh Brown was another screw up that Goodell dodged because the Giants took a lot of heat off the shield by screwing up even more (extending him after the fact of DV)
However... Hardy and Peterson both got heavy suspensions for their violent incidents...

Seemingly the more the public knows and the bigger the star... the bigger the slap... on the wrist, as it were...
But I suspect, from here out... any and all DV incidents will be dealt with a heavy hand. And whether there is a lot of proof (video?) or just a lot of smoke (Zeke had a year of accusations and issues) the NFL will bring the hammer.

I wouldn't expect anything to really change as far as punishments go... until the new CBA relinquishes some of Roger's power as Judge, Jury, & Executioner.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 12:41 PM by Pape.)

(08-16-2017, 12:20 PM)Kane Wrote: There isn't any.
< snip >
I wouldn't expect anything to really change as far as punishments go... until the new CBA relinquishes some of Roger's power as Judge, Jury, & Executioner.

Agreed. I don't think the process will change either. For good or bad, that's what everyone is stuck with. It doesn't make it right, though. But I accept that it's the reality of the situation.

I also don't think it will ever change. The NFLPA might try to press for a different way to handle discipline, might even gain a little there. But Goodell giving up the power stemming from Article 46 in the CBA? That will never happen. The NFLPA is a weak union. They don't have the cojones to make that change. They will break before its all said and done.
New England Patriot Fan

(08-16-2017, 12:40 PM)Pape Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 12:20 PM)Kane Wrote: There isn't any.
< snip >

Agreed. I don't think the process will change either. For good or bad, that's what everyone is stuck with. It doesn't make it right, though. But I accept that it's the reality of the situation.

I also don't think it will ever change. The NFLPA might try to press for a different way to handle discipline, might even gain a little there. But Goodell giving up the power stemming from Article 46 in the CBA? That will never happen. The NFLPA is a weak union. They don't have the cojones to make that change. They will break before its all said and done.
That's because the #1 concern is and always will be money. And the collective group of the thousands of players aren't worried about the well being of a handful of players that may get in trouble and punished harshly by it.

And to that extent, I'd agree with them.
Don't do the crime and you don't have to worry about the time... Because as it stands right now... tarnishing the shield is equally as offensive to the league as slapping your ol lady around.
And almost anything can be tossed into the tarnishing the shield category.

The trend of him continuing to put himself in these kinds of positions goes to behavior more than anything. The smoke has turned into a fire.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

(08-16-2017, 12:58 PM)Kane Wrote: That's because the #1 concern is and always will be money. And the collective group of the thousands of players aren't worried about the well being of a handful of players that may get in trouble and punished harshly by it.

And to that extent, I'd agree with them.
Don't do the crime and you don't have to worry about the time... Because as it stands right now... tarnishing the shield is equally as offensive to the league as slapping your ol lady around.
Anything can be tossed into the tarnishing the shield category.

FTFY.

emphasis mine
New England Patriot Fan

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2017, 03:25 AM by jrvegeeta.)

Not sure if anyone here has heard or read, but apparently, Zeke's EX-girlfriend is considered to be unreliable due to the fact that she has been caught lying multiple times by multiple people (Ohio police, Florida police, even the lead investigator for the NFL - who was suspiciously written out of the final report by Roger Godell and Lisa Friel). Even her friend, on a sworn affidavit, has said that she was asked by her to lie about being hit by Zeke when, in fact, she got her bruises from a bar fight earlier.

At the very least, the NFL has some explaining to do...

(09-01-2017, 03:24 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote: Not sure if anyone here has heard or read, but apparently, Zeke's EX-girlfriend is considered to be unreliable due to the fact that she has been caught lying multiple times by multiple people (Ohio police, Florida police, even the lead investigator for the NFL - who was suspiciously written out of the final report by Roger Godell and Lisa Friel). Even her friend, on a sworn affidavit, has said that she was asked by her to lie about being hit by Zeke when, in fact, she got her bruises from a bar fight earlier.

At the very least, the NFL has some explaining to do...

Why is Zeke hanging out with this kind of person then? Seems to me if this is the case, he should have more sense, given he is in the public eye and has millions of dollars on the line. This guy better develop some common sense about the kind of people he allows in his inner circle or he is gonna have lots of off the field issues, whether he is guilty or not.

Elliott is suing the league claiming conspiracy, and based on the way this story has played out, he may actually win this case.  My guess is that if the league will vacate the suspension in order to stop this thing in it's tracks.  With the information that has come to light about how the NFL suppressed information that was contrary to the reason for the suspension and denial of his appeal, the league needs to do whatever they can to save face.

Elliott suing league claiming conspiracy, accusing NFL of hiding information.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-01-2017, 10:37 AM)FBT Wrote: Elliott is suing the league claiming conspiracy, and based on the way this story has played out, he may actually win this case.  My guess is that if the league will vacate the suspension in order to stop this thing in it's tracks.  With the information that has come to light about how the NFL suppressed information that was contrary to the reason for the suspension and denial of his appeal, the league needs to do whatever they can to save face.

Very strategic move by Elliott and his lawyers. NFL needs to save face at this point. This may just disappear from headlines like a thief in the night.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-01-2017, 12:28 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 10:37 AM)FBT Wrote: Elliott is suing the league claiming conspiracy, and based on the way this story has played out, he may actually win this case.  My guess is that if the league will vacate the suspension in order to stop this thing in it's tracks.  With the information that has come to light about how the NFL suppressed information that was contrary to the reason for the suspension and denial of his appeal, the league needs to do whatever they can to save face.

Very strategic move by Elliott and his lawyers. NFL needs to save face at this point. This may just disappear from headlines like a thief in the night.

No chance of that happening because of the player we are talking about.

hmm my fantasy draft is sunday... you guys think its safe to take elliot in round 2 if he's there? starting to sound more and more like his suspension is going way down, or gone all together

(09-01-2017, 01:45 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: hmm my fantasy draft is sunday... you guys think its safe to take elliot in round 2 if he's there?  starting to sound more and more like his suspension is going way down, or gone all together

I wouldn't. If the 6 games stands up, that's half the fantasy season. My draft is Wednesday. I hope there is a ruling by then.

(09-01-2017, 02:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 01:45 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: hmm my fantasy draft is sunday... you guys think its safe to take elliot in round 2 if he's there?  starting to sound more and more like his suspension is going way down, or gone all together

I wouldn't. If the 6 games stands up, that's half the fantasy season. My draft is Wednesday. I hope there is a ruling by then.

ya I get that, I had plans of just not ever drafting him no matter how far he fell, but at this point it almost seems certain those games are being cut down if not removed

seems the NFL really screwed this one up royally

My power went out just as the first round started (which was mostly keepers) i got back in just in time to watch it auto pick him in the 2nd round. I had planed to take Fournette but he didn't make it back around.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(09-01-2017, 03:01 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 02:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I wouldn't. If the 6 games stands up, that's half the fantasy season. My draft is Wednesday. I hope there is a ruling by then.

ya I get that, I had plans of just not ever drafting him no matter how far he fell, but at this point it almost seems certain those games are being cut down if not removed

seems the NFL really screwed this one up royally

Just double down with DMac late in the draft...

I saw Zeke go as late as mid 3rd and early 4th in a couple drafts

It's a guessing game at this point though...
Although even if the NFL stands pat, Zeke through circuit courts will probably get the same kind of delay Brady got...

So probably worth drafting him anywhere outside the 1st round if he makes it

that's what I'm thinking.. I am 5th pick I am hoping to sneak kareem hunt in the early 3rd, I might go elliott late 2nd if he makes it there with the way things are looking

(09-01-2017, 03:19 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: that's what I'm thinking.. I am 5th pick I am hoping to sneak kareem hunt in the early 3rd, I might go elliott late 2nd if he makes it there with the way things are looking

I don't think you should have any problems taking him in the mid/late 2nd.  If you draft well enough you'll have no problems staying afloat through those 6 games and once he returns, he's a guy that can win you your league.  There are enough spot start or mid/late round guys (like McFadden) that'll provide you enough points, especially if it's a PPR league.